Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orton to enter the NBA draft (RUMOR)
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=48531

Daniel Orton plans on testing the NBA waters, according to his father, Larry Orton. The elder Orton told Jerry Tipton that his son does plan on placing his name amongst those entering the draft but he DOES NOT plan on hiring an agent, which leaves open the possibility of his return to UK. Depending on how the Pink and Green rangers perform during NBA camps, most expect Orton to be the first Power Ranger taken in this year’s draft.

I think this may be a sign of what is yet to come. :Sad04:

Even though I believe he will be back.
This would be a mistake IMO Orton didnt do much this year to show he could even play in college. Yeah, hes good if you want him to goaltend once a game.
This would make UK look so good. Orton didnt play 10 mins a game and he could be a 1st round draft pick!
this information is wrong.

Daniel Orton situation. He has released this statement:"I have not declared for the NBA Draft. I'm currently weighing my options and will make a decision prior to the deadline."-- Sounds like a family crisis coming for the Orton family
I think he's a better pro prospect than Cousins.
Sounds like daddy is telling son what to do.

Daddy is seeing $$$$$$.
Aslan Wrote:I think he's a better pro prospect than Cousins.

Your basketball knowledge amazes me
Daniel Orton just tweeted:

"I would like for anyone to disregard anything that you might have heard my father say he was taken the wrong way in his interview."
:lmao:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your basketball knowledge amazes me
:lmao:
According to LEX18, Orton's gone.

http://www.lex18.com/news/looks-like-ortons-gone/
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your basketball knowledge amazes me

It should Killer.
Cousins scores by pushing around defenders with his body because he is stronger than most college players. That won't work in the NBA. He's not overly athletic either. Orton really gets up on his turnaround and will be able to score on pro players better than Cousins. Cousins is not the shot blocker Orton is either. Orton is without a doubt the better athlete. He's 6'10 and super athletic, NBA scouts love players like that. This is all JMO, there'll both be in the NBA but I believe Orton will have the better career.
It was talked about on the radio today as well. It defintely looks like Orton planned on entering the draft ever since school started. It was reported that Orton and Cousin's rarely attended classes and most of their home-work was turned in by proxy, meaning they did not give their work to their professors diectly. It looks like these guys have been planning on the NBA after their first year before the season even started.
Aslan Wrote:It should Killer.
Cousins scores by pushing around defenders with his body because he is stronger than most college players. That won't work in the NBA. He's not overly athletic either. Orton really gets up on his turnaround and will be able to score on pro players better than Cousins. Cousins is not the shot blocker Orton is either. Orton is without a doubt the better athlete. He's 6'10 and super athletic, NBA scouts love players like that. This is all JMO, there'll both be in the NBA but I believe Orton will have the better career.

Now Now, Remember Shaq, Howard, Andrew Bynum, All these guys use there power to score around the basket. Not Overly Athletic? This kid would jump out and defend the perimeter and pick point guards pockets. Cousins Is lazy on defense but im sure the pros will bring that out of him. NBA scouts also like someone that can score. Orton hasnt been very consistent on the offensive end.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Now Now, Remember Shaq, Howard, Andrew Bynum, All these guys use there power to score around the basket. Not Overly Athletic? This kid would jump out and defend the perimeter and pick point guards pockets. Cousins Is lazy on defense but im sure the pros will bring that out of him. NBA scouts also like someone that can score. Orton hasnt been very consistent on the offensive end.

Shaq(in his prime) and Dwight has a nice combination of power and athleticism. Byum don't really have the power those two have but he definitely has the athleticism. I just don't think Big Cuz can elevate over NBA defenders to score consistantly. That's what I meant by being athletic, his ability to score around the rim against NBA defenders. Hope I'm wrong. I just think Orton is the better pro prospect. Well see what happens, looks like both have them won't be back next year.
Orton will be back, he may test the waters but he will not be selected high enough, but IMO it would be a huge mistake....he will end up like hasheem thabeet or randolph morris...where are they now? he needs to stay another year to improve his shooting, and get some more experience, he could possibly be an all american if he stayed another year
nbadraft.net says orton is going in the late 1st round
1.John Wall
5.Demarcus Cousins
8.patrick Patterson
17. Eric Bledsoe
24. Daniel Orton
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Kentucky frosh Daniel Orton doesn't love playing for Calipari and Cal doesn't love coaching him, sources say. Expect him to stay in draft.
Aslan Wrote:It should Killer.

NO WAY

For some reason every scout in the NBA disagree with you. Thats why Cuz will be a top 5 pick and Orton may make it into the top 20. Don't get me wrong Orton will probably have a good pro career, but he will be a role player. Cuz will be a future all star because he is the better athlete. Have you not seen his spin moves in the post.
FootballManiac Wrote:NO WAY

For some reason every scout in the NBA disagree with you. Thats why Cuz will be a top 5 pick and Orton may make it into the top 20. Don't get me wrong Orton will probably have a good pro career, but he will be a role player. Cuz will be a future all star because he is the better athlete. Have you not seen his spin moves in the post.

Maniac you make a good point about Cousins being the better athlete. People have a hard time realizing just how athletic he is because of how big and powerful he looks. Bottom line, as much as John Wall is perhaps a once in a generation athlete Cousins combination of strength and size may be even more rare.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Maniac you make a good point about Cousins being the better athlete. People have a hard time realizing just how athletic he is because of how big and powerful he looks. Bottom line, as much as John Wall is perhaps a once in a generation athlete Cousins combination of strength and size may be even more rare.

:Thumbs: Great post
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Maniac you make a good point about Cousins being the better athlete. People have a hard time realizing just how athletic he is because of how big and powerful he looks. Bottom line, as much as John Wall is perhaps a once in a generation athlete Cousins combination of strength and size may be even more rare.

I agree. I think if you look around there are way more great guards then there is great big men. NBA is no exception. It will be awhile before we see another dominate big man like Cousins IMO.
FootballManiac Wrote:NO WAY

Haha. I know I'm in the minority here, but well see what happens.