Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Bilas
back to the topic, i think Jay is doing the UK, he is doing the WV now
cuppett777 Wrote:he also blasted Tiger

:Thumbs: Thats right. He is an equal opportunity HATER! :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote::Thumbs: Thats right. He is an equal opportunity HATER! :biggrin:

lol
I liked the guy that called the games with Jimmy Dykes, I can't remember his name.
Jay Bilas picked Cornell to beat UK....these guys are jokes.

Like I posted earlier on this thread. Digger Phelps says, "No way UNI even has a chance against Kansas." Now Jay Bilas Picked Cornell to beat UK. I saw nothing that would give him any idea that Cornell would beat UK. They beat a A-10 school, and the 5 beat team in the Big-10.

Guys like Digger Phelps, Jay Bilas(sometimes), Skip Bayless and Lee Corso.....theyre jokes. People know theyre jokes. I watch College Football Gameday every saturday in the fall. This guy puts on mascot uniforms every weekend, and I swear he might pick 30% of correctly the whole season.
Hubert Davis is another one who really can't stand UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I don't like Jay Bilas or Skip. They are both idiots who know nothing, and apparently cannot call a game to save their life.
Ballers Wrote:I don't like Jay Bilas or Skip. They are both idiots who know nothing, and apparently cannot call a game to save their life.

skip was the one that kept messing up
SKip picked kentucky to win the title when the tournament started...
Here is an article showing what Huggins thinks about analysts:
Analysts Don’t Impress Huggins with Knowledge
By Bob Hertzel
MORGANTOWN — When you are chronicling sports in a small college town, you find yourself involved with all sorts of life forms doing the same job you are paid to do, a rather humbling experience at times.

There are, of course, the journalism students who are going through the same process you have already been through for most of your life, hopefully smart enough to spend more time observing those who they believe to be established in the business and picking and choosing their tricks of the trade that fit themselves.

Then there is a group of wannabes who land jobs as “stringers,” people who gather the news for a true professional organization. They may be house painters by day or accountants and normally they are there because their credentials include little more than being runner-up in a fantasy football league and a desire to impress their co-workers and neighbors by being caught by a television camera while in a gaggle of newspersons at a press conference.

These “stringers” are part-timers and, as such, spend most of their time and effort in their own profession, leaving them sometimes somewhat short on knowledge when it comes to devising their questions. And so it is that on occasion they begin them with a premise that completely takes them off the hook.

That is how it was the other evening when West Virginia University basketball coach Bob Huggins received a question about the rotation of his bench from the peanut gallery, a question that was supposed to be a knowledgeable one because its premise had been put forth on the public airwaves by “college basketball analysts.”

Huggins could have just gone forward and answered the question, which most college coaches would do, but he was never one to back away from a belief, even if it might anger some of those in the highest positions of network analysis on his sport.

To Huggins’ eternal credit, he is if nothing else willing to speak what is on his mind and this question set off the bull-and-the-red-cape reflex within the man.

“Only one analyst won any games, really,” Huggins began. “The reason you become an analyst is because you didn’t win,” he said.

Then, thinking that maybe someone thought he was making joke as there was a smattering of laughter in the room, Huggins added another word.

“Seriously,” he said.

The fact is that Huggins is right. Oh, some of them have had some success as the networks rely on name recognition in hiring analysts.

Digger Phelps did beat seven No. 1 teams during his career at Notre Dame, the most by any coach, and **** Vitale did have a 78-30 record that included a 21-game winning streak at Detroit, but mostly they are Bill Raftery, who was 154-141 at Seton Hall or Steve Lavin, who won 145 games.

To Huggins, that doesn’t qualify you to convince the nation that Huggins is playing the wrong lineup or that Jim Boeheim’s 2-3 zone has reinvented basketball or that this coach plays the wrong defense and the right offense.

Seriously.

“They talk about other people. You can’t listen to those guys,” Huggins said. “One guy (Bob Knight) has a pretty good idea. He’s won over 800 games and I think he has pretty good idea what’s going on. Some other guys do, some guys who are former players. Generally, ex-coaches go into TV because they didn’t coach very well.”

What they do is have a gimmick. See TV is big on gimmicks, be it Vitale’s overly enthusiastic babbling about “Diaper Dandies” or “PTPers” (prime time players), be it Raftery’s “Onions!” or “With a kiss” or Phelps’ color-coordinated outfits.

Usually, to make a name for themselves, they offer controversy. One such commentator came to Huggins mind in the midst of his answer.

“We’ve got an analyst who didn’t shoot 50 percent from the foul line,” Huggins said.

That would Doug Gottlieb, a former point guard at Oklahoma State after he lost his Notre Dame scholarship after being charged with stealing credit cards. His career free throw percentage was 45.3 percent … and he was a point guard.

The point is that these analysts are really entertainers, not analysts at all, and for the most part what they are no more qualified to criticize the coaches and athletes than are … well, most of us sports writers.

But, hey, we all have to make a living. Just don’t take us all as seriously as you do.
I'm not worried about basketball, I'm getting to listen to the ESPN's Tiger's butt kissing bandwagon again. YUCK! Shouldn't he get an asterisk* Doesn't too much testosterone fall under performance enhancing drugs?
Anybody see the Steelers Ryan Clark on First and 10 for a few days last week. He did a great job, I thought, but I'm prejedious though.