Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recruiting?
This topic was brought to my attention by the argument between gish and live maroon. Why can beechwood recruit but pikeville cant. whats the deal
Recruiting is illegal in high school athletics in Kentucky. Pikeville is a small school from a sparsely populated area (not many kids to pick from), whereas Beechwood is up in northern KY around Cincinnati. I don't know if you know this or not, but a lot of people live around that area. Many of these kids go to Beechwood because of their football program. Northern KY is an area with a lot of people and a lot of good football programs. Eastern KY doesn't have that kind of population base.
As i said before....the regs don't allow anyone to recruit.......all regs have loop holes and one of those loop holes is feeder programs....

In lexington, you have numerous high schools....well, each school is over a certain region...if i am not mistaking a kid can apply to any school in lexington/fayette county....if they get turned down then they have to settle down to the school that is over their region in lexington..

here in eky we don't have several city schools within pikeville...we only have one.....in order to get a kid to come here they have to move here, whereas in lexington they already live with in the lexington city linits, thus making the transfer aka recruiting legal.....

This is where the feeder programs come in to play also....pikeville only has one.....lexington has a dozen.....
Beechwood isn't in Lexington panthermania.
true, but what will happen if you are caught recruiting??? if its something bad...... BEECHWOOD watch out.
Beechwood doesn't recruit. The coach doesn't go around to kids houses and try and get them to come to Beechwood to play football. The kids go to Beechwood to play football on their own. It would be kinda like if you had a choice to go to Pikeville or Pike Central and you really wanted to play football, which would you pick?
SURE THEY DONT.

(edited for content by BelfryPride)
What proof do you have that they recruit?
what proof do you have that they dont
It is ILLEGAL for them to recruit. They would be stupid to partake in any such actions, plus the fact that THEY DON'T NEED TO!!
First of all Farva....i was only comparing Lexington to pikeville because that IS what happens in cases like this.....beechwood IS considered part of the Northern KY ballclubs......The fact of the matter is that They have the resources and we don't...and T-blankenship.....it isn't called recruiting...for the last time...it is called feeder programs.....these northern KY ballclubs don't recruit, they have bigger feeder programs....Something that EKY has lacked every since mines started becoming less populus than they are now......

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:58 pm:

Farva Wrote:It is ILLEGAL for them to recruit. They would be stupid to partake in any such actions, plus the fact that THEY DON'T NEED TO!!

Amen....now...no one really has any proof, but, farva is right.
sry farva and panther but i didnt under stand, no beef from me farva
What I don't understand is since there are so many schools, there must be a bunch of kids. Does Beechwood have a cutoff number or something, cause you would think that they would be overrunning with kids, and have to move up a class or two.
I'm not exactly sure how they do it either ctd, but there sure are a lot of quality schools up in NKY, and many of them have good football programs.

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:26 pm:

We're cool T-B78.
Farva Wrote:I'm not exactly sure how they do it either ctd, but there sure are a lot of quality schools up in NKY, and many of them have good football programs.

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:26 pm:

We're cool T-B78.

That's true. I'm guessing that they have a cutoff number, if you are allowed to do that.
That would probably be the most logical thing. I do know that in some schools, especially private schools, etc., that you have to take an admissions test to get into the school. I have some cousins who go to school in Louisville, and they all had to take a test to see which schools they could go to.
Sounds a lot like college if ya ask me. But oh well. lol
I Belive beechwood should go 2A with all the ppl they had in there game agiants pikeville. What is the cutoff for 1A???
T-Blankenship78 Wrote:I Belive beechwood should go 2A with all the ppl they had in there game agiants pikeville. What is the cutoff for 1A???
The cutoff has NOTHING to do with the number of players on the football team....it's all about the number of students in grades 9-12 at the high school....and I'm pretty sure that they have less than Pikeville.
I thought they might be big anough to be 2A because, if they have that many ppl on there team, imagine how many in their school
well apparently they have just enough resourses to get a lot of players and students to go to there school otherwise they would be 2 A
I'd say they have a really good system of making sure they dont go over
I thought independent schools were allowed to recruit though?
blackcatfan4life Wrote:I thought independent schools were allowed to recruit though?
Nope....it is easier to get students that arn't in the district to go to these schools though....so it may look like it
panthereuphoria Wrote:well apparently they have just enough resourses to get a lot of players and students to go to there school otherwise they would be 2 A
I'd say they have a really good system of making sure they dont go over

Like I said before...It is called feeder programs...talent has nothing to do with how many people you have in your school...it has to do with how well your little league and middle school programs you have as well as HOW MANY you have.....the north has a lot....a lot of feeder programs...That is why they are so much better than pikeville......
Take a look at the Danville program. The kids are actually recruited from the cradle. Their fathers, brothers and cousins all played and they are raised to play for the Admirals. It is in their heart. Look at the school's enrollment, it 1A size, but when that team takes the field they look and play 3A and 4A. It's called Tradition. Smile
Amen...
this is funn...Pikeville talking about recruting....
"Recruiting" is absolutely LEGAL and MUST be done by EVERY school to be as successful as they can be.

"Illegal Recruiting" is not and should not be done by ANY school or they should be SEVERELY punished (or forced to compete against ONLY schools that also recruit).

The difference? "Recruiting" must be done by every COACH and PLAYER on a team that CARES about his program being its best -- they must RECRUIT their OWN high school student body, the Junior High student body, the Elementary Schools, the Youth League football programs, the Little League baseball programs, etc., etc., etc.

You have to get the BEST you have to choose from out of the kids you've got.

Then, once you've done that and are successful, kids that have the OPTION to attend your school from outside your district will CHOOSE TO GO THERE THEMSELVES and make whatever arrangements are necessary to get that done LEGALLY (either pay tuition and provide their own transportation or their family makes a bona fide move to the district).

That's what's going on at Beechwood, and Trinity, and St. X, and LexCath, etc., etc. Beechwood has about 120 boys in their school and about NINETY-FIVE of them play football!!!!!

So, Pikeville, you want to compete with them? You've got to get ALL the potential good football players WITHIN YOUR OWN SCHOOL you can get to be on your team.

(And by the way, you don't know how good a kid in the halls can be until he actually gets ON THE FIELD! You never pass ANYBODY up in your school when considering whether or not to "recruit" them. If they CAN'T play, it'll be obvious...but never ASSUME a kid can't play!)

Maybe if that happens enough, the BEST from the whole region will WANT to play for you instead of where they go to school and find the LEGAL way to get it done!
valleyballa06 Wrote:this is funn...Pikeville talking about recruting....
](*,)

Probably shouldn't be doing that. But as it has been said, it my look like recruiting because of all the kids but those players want to go there because of the TRADITION!! Just as many go to Pikeville for the same thing. Could you imagine what the Pikeville program would be like if it was only "city" boys and noone else Arrow
Beef Wrote:
valleyballa06 Wrote:this is funn...Pikeville talking about recruting....
](*,)

Probably shouldn't be doing that. But as it has been said, it my look like recruiting because of all the kids but those players want to go there because of the TRADITION!! Just as many go to Pikeville for the same thing. Could you imagine what the Pikeville program would be like if it was only "city" boys and noone else Arrow
8)

You cant blame talented players wanting to be part of proven success.