Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Kentucky fans
Now that UK had the 2nd best record in the NCAA, won both SEC titles, regular and post season, and got the 2nd #1 seed, would anything less than a Championship be a disappointment?
Of course not winning a championship would break the hearts of the Big Blue faithful everywhere, but they all have to admit that it has been a very memorable season. Lets just hope they win it all and it isn't a question anymore!
When you have expectations like UK does going into it, it would be very disappointing losing. I believe if UK ends the final four drought most fans would be satisfied. Disappointed, but satisfied. If they go out before then I believe it's just going to be disappointment.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Of course not winning a championship would break the hearts of the Big Blue faithful everywhere, but they all have to admit that it has been a very memorable season. Lets just hope they win it all and it isn't a question anymore!

Agreed and a very solid post :Thumbs:

If you are a #1 seed, you expect to make the final four. I do believe they are capable of a Final four, but it will not ruin the season for me if they do not. A National Championship is a very lofty expectation considering the youth of this team. This isn't the '96, '97 or '98 teams when we did have expectations to win it all. I do not feel they have played the best record, with UNC, UConn and Louisville all being down and a very under-par SEC, the Cats will likely see the best teams they will have played in the NCAA tournament. I expect an elite 8, and will be hopeful for a Final 4. If you make the Final 4, anything can happen and I will take my chances if we make it that far.
I'm going to say that an elite 8 or better would be a great accomplishment. Of course I'm going to be disappointed if we don't win a National Championship, but I don't expect it. I think we have the talent to win it, but I don't think we have the consistency to win it. Yes, we've won 32 games this year, but we have squeaked by in too many games to give me enough confidence to ensure a National Championship. I think ultimately, KU will win it, but I do think UK makes it to the championship game.

I think if UK can make it past Texas in the 2nd round (assuming Texas beats Wake), then I think UK makes it to the championship game. I don't see anyone on our side of the two brackets that can match the athleticism we have with the exception of Texas. Texas has a very athletic team, but as we all know, they have struggled lately. If UK makes it past the Longhorns, I think UK makes the championship game.

Will I be disappointed with anything less? Of course I will be. But I don't think it will be because we didn't win it; I think it will be mainly because the dream season we have been waiting for for 10+ years will be over.
^ Excellent post!
BCF4L Wrote:I'm going to say that an elite 8 or better would be a great accomplishment. Of course I'm going to be disappointed if we don't win a National Championship, but I don't expect it. I think we have the talent to win it, but I don't think we have the consistency to win it. Yes, we've won 32 games this year, but we have squeaked by in too many games to give me enough confidence to ensure a National Championship. I think ultimately, KU will win it, but I do think UK makes it to the championship game.

I think if UK can make it past Texas in the 2nd round (assuming Texas beats Wake), then I think UK makes it to the championship game. I don't see anyone on our side of the two brackets that can match the athleticism we have with the exception of Texas. Texas has a very athletic team, but as we all know, they have struggled lately. If UK makes it past the Longhorns, I think UK makes the championship game.

Will I be disappointed with anything less? Of course I will be. But I don't think it will be because we didn't win it; I think it will be mainly because the dream season we have been waiting for for 10+ years will be over.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
BCF4L Wrote:I'm going to say that an elite 8 or better would be a great accomplishment. Of course I'm going to be disappointed if we don't win a National Championship, but I don't expect it. I think we have the talent to win it, but I don't think we have the consistency to win it. Yes, we've won 32 games this year, but we have squeaked by in too many games to give me enough confidence to ensure a National Championship. I think ultimately, KU will win it, but I do think UK makes it to the championship game.

:notworthy Excellent post!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I will be content with an Elite 8.
I am so proud of this team. I really know that their experience may play a big factor in the long final four run but as long as they can show up with intensity from last Saturday, they will be a hard team to beat. However, as other posters have said, they are so wildly inconsistent, that I do not know what team will show up but with that kind of talent, I know it CAN happen. I say if the cats can get by the potential Texas match-up then they should not have a problem with the third round but in WV it all depends on the kind of first half they have. If they can get the fast pace going then I think Wall gets his transition points but if it get to grind it out and melt the shot clock, then it can come down to the wire.
I will be happy with an elite eight run but they have one of the best chances to take it all home.
When Calipari got this team together I said anything less of a Elite 8 would be a bad season. That was based on potential talent alone.
Now that we have dominated almost every single game we have played if we dont make the Final Four then yes, I would very disappointed.
On a side note, Kentucky is tied for the best record with Kansas.
i'll be happy with final four
Quote:I think if UK can make it past Texas in the 2nd round (assuming Texas beats Wake), then I think UK makes it to the championship game.
My thoughts and words exactly:Thumbs:
We do not have the second best record. Kansas and Kentucky have identical records.
if kentucky loses, for me its also about how they lose. if they come out in a game play good, the refs call a fair game and the other team just plays better, then i will not be as disappointed. sometimes that happens, a good team plays great and beats the other team. if kentucky comes out and plays terrible and gets beat by a mediocre team then i will be much more upset.

if they play hard and give their best effort win or lose i will be happy with what they do in the tournament. that being said if they play to their abilities i dont think anyone can beat them so it wont really matter.
I'm going to say that UK definitley makes it too the final 2. Only people standing in our way to me would be Texas and West VA. I actually have UK winning on my bracket, I am confident we will bring home the title this year. Squeeking by doesn't matter, the W matters.
The potential Texas match-up is scaring me. If Texas comes out with fire against Wake, like they should I mean it is March Madness, then I think our game with them will be a real barn-burner. If they come out flat against Wake and barely squeak by and play like they have been for over a month now, then I think we should be able to handle them in the 2nd round somewhat handily. After that, I don't think anybody matches up well enough with us to beat us until the final four. West Virginia doesn't have the bigs like we do and I think if that game were to happen then Cousins, Patterson, and Orton would plow them into the ground.
Overall, I think if we beat a very athletic Texas team then we make it to the Final Four if not the championship game.