Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team of the decade in the mountains.
Who do you think has had the best football program over the past decade in the moutains.

I think its a close call between Pikeville and Belfry. Im gonna have to say Pikeville.. They are proven winners year and year out. These statistics are estimated but I think Pikevill has won 9 disctrict titiles in 10 years. 6 or 7 regional titiles. Maybe even a state titile or to back in the 90s.. I dont wanna take anything away from Belfry as they have also represented the mountains well. With recent back to back state titles. There may be even more.. I would like to say congratulations to both of the Pike County teams for giving for representing the moutains so well. Prestonsburg and Breathitt County runs a close 3rd to these programs. You can go anywhere in the state and bet you that everyone will know the names Pikeville, Belfry, Prestonsburg and Breathitt County. Mountain Football is strong as ever thanks to teams like these.. Banane08.:
By the way, I would like to say thank you to ever who come up with idea for this site. I have been reading it for several days and I am really excited to be a part of site. A website like this has been needed for a long time.
Does anyone know how I can get "my team" replaced with Magoffin County?
bang2bangboogie Wrote:Does anyone know how I can get "my team" replaced with Magoffin County?
Go here and request...

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/extreme3/...p;start=25

But as for the best team in the past 10 years...1994-2004....that really has to ba a toss up between Belfry and Pikeville...I know that Pikeville was really good in the late 90's but Belfry has won 2 State Championships in that time also.....it's a tough one....:?
90s - Breathitt Co.
00s - Belfry so far.
Good call HG....I was just thinking EKY...forgot about Brethitt Co....
I am going to have to say it is Belfry.....
Past 10 years, Breathitt County, hands down. Go back and look at their records from 1995-2004 (past 10 years) and you will find nobody in the mountains that can compare to their run, which includes 3 state titles in that span.

Belfry is second, but they outdistance the rest only because of the titles.

Rockcastle, Bell Co, Prestonsburg, Lawrence Co, Pikeville, Corbin all would be in the next tier.
What are the records Big Red?

I know Breathitt had at least two sub-par years, like 7-5 or 8-4.

Like all other mountain teams, consistency is the primary goal. None have been moreconsistent than Belfry, Bell Co., Rockcastle Co., Breathitt Co., Prestonsburg, Lawrence Co., and Pikeville.
Happy,

Breathitt was 113-19 with 3 championships from 95-04. I don't think another mountain school can compare with that.

95 15-0
96 15-0
97 12-1
98 11-3
99 11-2
00 9-3
01 7-5
02 15-0
03 7-4
04 11-1

Over the course of the same span, Belfry is 98-34.

95 10-3
96 11-2
97 9-4
98 8-5
99 8-4
00 7-5
01 8-5
02 10-3
03 13-2
04 14-1
Thanks, 97-01 really dampered the Pirates record. That '97 team was a really good team, but they played a killer schedule at the beginning of the year. My brother was a SR that year. I really didn't get to watch '98-'00 as much as I would have liked, but oh well you're right. Breathitt Co., hands down over the last 10 years.

And I absolutely hate that. :lol:
I would also have to say Breathitt and don't forget their 45 or 46 game winning streak. Can't remember the exact amount just remember where it ended. Big Grin
Breathitt, Belfry, and Bell Co. The three b's lol.. Then Pikeville has done good. P'burg has been good the past few years.
CatDawg Wrote:I would also have to say Breathitt and don't forget their 45 or 46 game winning streak. Can't remember the exact amount just remember where it ended. Big Grin

I think it was 42, they went 15-0 in '95 & '96 and they were 12-0 in '97 until your Bulldogs upset them in the playoffs, I think.
Thanks Happy at least I was in the ballpark.
Brethitt County, Belfry, Corbin, Pikeville. I don't know how good this team was, but they've been pretty dominant over the last few years and that is Rockcastle Coutny.
first of all...Pikeville didnt win any state titles back in the 90's B2BB. And iI would have to give belfry props for being the best mountain team...Pikeville is a definate second.....
Pikeville
Belfry
Breathitt
Pburg
Bell County
Lawrence County
1a-Belfry
1b-Breathitt Co
3-Pikeville
4-PBurg
5-Lawrence Co
rockcastle