Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College prospects from Pikeville....
Two Words: JOSH SULLIVAN
This guys power and skill just downright amazes me
can i get an AMEN?
I'll give you an AMEN

Top 3 DL in the state, that includes all 4 classes, this guy is amazing. Does anybody have any info on where he will play college ball at?
Soureces have spilled that he has been thinking about EITHER Weber State (UT) or Pikeville College
Amen!!!!

but on a lighter note were is weber???
is bob shurtleff going to georgtown???
Weber State University is in Ogden, Utah. They are a D-1 school, and play in the Big Sky Conference if I'm not mistaken. Hard to believe that a school in Utah is recruting a kid from Pikeville.

I heard that Robert Shurtleff was going to get the opportunity to walk-on at UK, but thats just what I heard.
My sources Have said hes thinking about taking a trip to Utah to visit Weber thast all i have
Weber State's head football coach is former University of Kentucky linebacker coach Ron Mcbride. Mcbride recruited east ky, and I guess was impressed with Josh while he was here.
liveMAROON Wrote:Two Words: JOSH SULLIVAN
This guys power and skill just downright amazes me
can i get an AMEN?
I would give you a HUGE AMEN but we are talkinag about future linemen Wink

As for Robert Shurtleff....Last I heard he is going to be playing at GT but a couple of weeks ago he got a call from UK that said they would like to have him as a "Perfered Walk-on"....My understanding is that it's walk-on for a year with a GREAT chance of scholarship the last 3....All I know is UK is the only place that he will walk on...so it looks as if he will be at UK or GT.

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:08 pm:

I havn't heard anything about Sullivan and Weber St though....I know he is looking hard at PC
Shurtleff is a good football player but he isn't a SEC caliber football player. If he ever wants to earn a scholly he better go to Georgetown. I hope he has success at the next level.
I think GT is still the leader....that is where he has been offered scholys.....but I think that he wants to go to UK...and his dad went there (started on the O line for the last team to beat Tenn. Big Grin)
I havent heard anything lately about Josh, but his brother is back at Pikeville College. Would he stay there too?

I hope Robert goes to Georgetown.... :lol:
if Big Smoothe decides to go to PC......then both of the Sullivan Brothers on the same college team equals mass destruction.....some one told me that Doeg howard might go too.......im not too sure but wouldnt that mean both howard boys as well.....Pikeville college has a lot to look forward to
Paul Howard goes to Marshal
I think Shurtleff should go to GT. Not only for football but for eduaction to. They're a great school.
Trust me...you can get one hell of an education at UK too....
True
Ok boys this about football not academic team(which I hear pikevilles is undefeated on the year) But whereveer they decide to go i wish them the best of luck to Howard, Sullivan, Shurtleff, And Jones
But academics should play a big roll in where a person decided to attend college!!
I hope Shurtleff goes somewhere on a scholarship, and not as a Perfered Walk-on.
As for Josh, his older brother who played at Georgetown in the fall, is at Pikeville College now and working out with teh football team as a member of the Pikeville Bears squad. SO, according to Paul, big Josh will probably sign with the Bears and stay in his hometown.
Sounds like a plan for the smooth brothers. I believe they will put pikeville college where they need to be next season
I'm sorry but I think Josh Sullivan is a much better player than Weber State or Pikeville... I mean he may have just been on fire that night against P-burg but he was a complete TERROR.
I agree he is one of the best linemen to ever play for the maroon and white...but colleges are looking over him due to his weight...hes only 210 lbs. i think he could play D-1 but hes gonna need to put on some pounds
OK...wait...I thought that paul was at Gtown for good.....wow...if i am wrong then this shoes how much i am out of the loop....WOW...
Nope, Rumor has it that PAUL sullivan was lifting with the Bears squad a week ago
I guess that explains why he was on campus this past week....LOL
Paul IS at Pikeville. Wearing a different orange and black from lthis past season.

Posted Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:09 pm:

I heard that Robert Shurtleff, Jesse Parrish and Josh Sullivan were all visiting Georgetown with the football coaches today. Also heard that Brett Gibson is possibly going there for a visit.

I heard that Robert Shurtleff, Jesse Parrish and Josh Sullivan were all visiting Georgetown with the football coaches today. Also heard that Brett Gibson is possibly going there for a visit.

Just thought that I would update everyone that Robert Shurtleff (#40) has commited to play football at GEORGETOWN!!! I was told this by his mom tonight and that he will sign sometime next week!.

GOOD LUCK BOB!!
He deserves it....Hell of a player that man...hell of a player.....we wouldnt have won region if it wouldnt have been for him
I heard that Brett Gibson was going to try adn walk on at Lousiville...Is this any bit true?
And i also heard Shurtleff is looking at both UK and GT but he will probably choose GT.
Sully has a lot of choice as to where he could go to college, but the last i heard was that he was looking at the school in Utah, although this year i saw him at a UK game with David Jones. I also hear that the coach that was trying to recruit him to UK moved to the school in Utah and now hes trying to get him to go there with him. WHerever he goes, i know im gonna try and watch him play!