Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell co. vs. East Carter predictions
East Carter lost to West Carter 20-19 at East Friday night. Powell lost to Flemming 61-2 at Fleming. Game is played at Powell. What's your thoughts and predictions for the Powell, East Carter match up?
Coach Jones over at Powell is starting 6 freshman on both sides. I think on down the road this pays off. Powell lost their backfield Blackford(transfered to Clark) and Richardson(injured in scrimmage) so a very young team that Coach Jones has had to fill alot of spots with alot of inexpirience. Matt Sebey is the best player on the team and has made big plays every game. Powell is young and inexpirienced but next year they get better from this. Coach Jones has the right Idea. I see a pissed off East after losing to West taking out some frustrations against a very young Powell team.
But I still say Matt Sebey comes up with a big play or two. East 42 Powell 18
East Carter by as many as they want
East Carter
East by21
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
OK that is part of the problem at Powell. You can say that Matt Sebey can have a few big plays so Powell scores. What about the team? If the center don't get a good snap to the QB , if the line don't block after that , and if there is not a good exchange whether it be a pass of hand off, Matt Sebey don't do any thing . I know that this kid is a good kid but he is not the team. He is a good leader though ,in his sophomore year he would go up against people like Ryan Stewart and Chase Tipton and get back up. Not picking on Matt any but this is a team sport guys. Basketball might be the only individual based sport there is. Same way in baseball . We played as a team and won regions. Best of luck to Powell and I haven't missed a game but I've got college classes but i'lll be cheering you on guys. Don't give up and listen to what other people say. Go out and have fun playing together.
Baseball I will brag on Matt whenever I feel like it for starters. Right now he is one of the only positives they have so I'll give him a lil' credit. I wont coment on anything more other than if I said more it would have to be about the negatives. So, I'll keep it positive and say Matt is making big plays every game. When you have beem getting beat like they have there simply is not alot of positives, Fortunately Matt is one of the only positives they have. I will not brag on other aspects that do not deserve it.
East Carter
baseballking Wrote:OK that is part of the problem at Powell. You can say that Matt Sebey can have a few big plays so Powell scores. What about the team? If the center don't get a good snap to the QB , if the line don't block after that , and if there is not a good exchange whether it be a pass of hand off, Matt Sebey don't do any thing . I know that this kid is a good kid but he is not the team. He is a good leader though ,in his sophomore year he would go up against people like Ryan Stewart and Chase Tipton and get back up. Not picking on Matt any but this is a team sport guys. Basketball might be the only individual based sport there is. Same way in baseball . We played as a team and won regions. Best of luck to Powell and I haven't missed a game but I've got college classes but i'lll be cheering you on guys. Don't give up and listen to what other people say. Go out and have fun playing together.
Why don't you ask coach Jones, I think you will find he will brag on Matt too and not alot else after the way the majority of the his seniors have let him down.
Why dont you give the football team this speech about a team sport, not me,
But until another player on the team steps up and does something I will not comend guys who are doing nothing and have already thrown in the towel.
I wasn't saying that toward you getum-choppin. I was just saying that last year when we won regions the team made big plays and that was part of the success . I was just saying, nothing against Matt, I hope he continues to make big plays. Other people will have to step up and Powell will have to make big plays in order for anything to work.
Were on the same page baseball. I agree with you, A team effort is what gets you a W. Powell is so down right now, I try to find something positive to say. You guys were a great team in baseball and played together and had success. Good job and congrats.
But until the football team realizes that all this animosity and jealousy towards one another is the main reason for a 60 something to 6 score, These kind of scores will happen for the rest of the year. It's all about being able to not let the team down, You play for the team. No I in team. As far as Matt, Just looking for a positive for Powell.
This is going to be a tough game for Powell Co. East is more than likely goin to be mad for getting beat by West Carter by one point and hopefully if Powell studies that film and see what west done to east to beat them make the changes in practice and practice hard and study the film and make notes to tell them what they need to do to beat east carter then they could possibly pull a win out. Every team is beatible its up to the team with the most heart and who wants it the most. East has been down this year from what I can tell and I'm hoping just hoping that powell can turn things around from here on out and start to get on the right track. I have faith in Powell I know these guys can play I just dont where there heart is right now and I'm going to root for them in the East Carter game. Good Luck Powell Co wish you all the best.
MVP2 Wrote:East Carter by as many as they want

i couldnt agree more....east carter will win by as much as they want!!!
I think Powell-10
East- 35
East is way down this year. Lost a good group of seniors from last year. Powell will be starting 6 freshman on both sides and from what I know, They will be the rest of theseason. Coach has done the right thing and realises his seniors have completely quit on him and if he's gonna lose anyways, He's gonna lose with his jv to build on for next year. Matt Sebey will really be the only player sorely missed next season.