Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice
Louisville is getting a really great guard from shelby valley he can shoot dribble and pass. Should get to play alot.
back_in_black Wrote:Louisville is getting a really great guard from shelby valley he can shoot dribble and pass. Should get to play alot.

i dont think you can say that just yet. but, i would love to see him get to play. but i just don't see it happening his freshman year. especially if louisville gets a good guard. they have plenty of people at that posistion.
EJ is a "Gym Rat".

IMO he will out work everyone, and earn some playing time for the cardinals before too long.
back_in_black Wrote:Louisville is getting a really great guard from shelby valley he can shoot dribble and pass. Should get to play alot.

:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll: You guys are amazing!!
I don't look for him to get playing timr right away but the reason he is going to a D-1 college is because he wants is more and has worked harder then any other player in the mountains...he will work harder then most players on that team and Pitino's style of play fit Justice perfectly so I do look for him to get to play by his 2nd year...make the mountains proud
Unless Pitino moves another guard to point, Elisha could get playing time right away. Pitino has no back up PG for next year once Siva takes over because Sosa is graduating. But, he could move a guard over if he doesn't feel Elisha could handle it right away, but Elisha has handled everything ever thrown at him just fine, I think he'll be alright and I look for him to be backing up Siva next year, maybe only playing 5-10 minutes a game, but playing.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Unless Pitino moves another guard to point, Elisha could get playing time right away. Pitino has no back up PG for next year once Siva takes over because Sosa is graduating. But, he could move a guard over if he doesn't feel Elisha could handle it right away, but Elisha has handled everything ever thrown at him just fine, I think he'll be alright and I look for him to be backing up Siva next year, maybe only playing 5-10 minutes a game, but playing.

Actually they do have Russ Smith coming in next year who is also a PG. Not sure how solid he is, but he is going there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Actually they do have Russ Smith coming in next year who is also a PG. Not sure how solid he is, but he is going there.
From what I can dig up, Russ is a 3 star PG, Yahoo! users have rated him lower than they rated Elisha. Elisha is bigger than him body size wise. He is more athletic than Elisha though as he dunks fairly easy. Seems people are confused about his size though, I've seen him listed at 5'10, 6'0, and 6'2.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Unless Pitino moves another guard to point, Elisha could get playing time right away. Pitino has no back up PG for next year once Siva takes over because Sosa is graduating. But, he could move a guard over if he doesn't feel Elisha could handle it right away, but Elisha has handled everything ever thrown at him just fine, I think he'll be alright and I look for him to be backing up Siva next year, maybe only playing 5-10 minutes a game, but playing.

If he was going to be Pitino's back up point guard he would have offered him a scholly. A walk on at a major college is not going to play. He will not leave the bench much like Stewart Miller who walked on at UL a few years back. Justice will be no different.
superfreak Wrote:If he was going to be Pitino's back up point guard he would have offered him a scholly. A walk on at a major college is not going to play. He will not leave the bench much like Stewart Miller who walked on at UL a few years back. Justice will be no different.

Nobody on this site other than Paintsville fans thought Landon Slone would play any at UK and he got in a few minutes a game. Think what you want, if he plays, he plays, if not, so what. Elisha wants to be a coach anyways, he's getting what he wants in the future out of this.
You are wrong he will play , this kid is a player as much as you all hate to admit it!!!!!
EJ loves the game and works as hard as anyone i know at the game of basketball. He might not get it his first or second year but if he sticks it out he will get some good minutes his junior and senior year.
no one loves seein mountain kids get playing time than me..........but if elisha justice gets a low of PT for the cards then they must be in the womb
What will Elisha do IF Pitino calls it quits after this season?

I do not want to see EJ go through what Landon did with Gillispie at UK. If I where him I would accept the offer from EKU or whomever else has offered. I do realize that EJ wants to become a coach and mentoring under Pitino is a great oppurtunity, but there is that chance that UL may pull the plug or Pitino leaves/retires after this season, especially if UL doesn't make the tournament.
Pitino will be there for at least one more season. His baby was to get them into this new arena, I am sure that he will get at least one season in it. I love EJ and his game. I believe he does not expect to come in and play 15 minutes a game in his freshmen season.
Is Elisha a scholarship player at Louisville?
Stardust Wrote:Is Elisha a scholarship player at Louisville?

Once one becomes available. For next year he will be a preferred walk-on.
Lets say UK wins the national championship and Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, and Patterson leave for the NBA draft. We have 6 open scholarships and we aren't going to sign 6 elite level players on the scouting websites, because most of the top 150 have already signed. Now, lets also say that Cal offers Elisha a scholarship, would he accept or is he that dead set on going to Louisville? Because I find it hard to believe that EJ was ever a Louisville fan while growing up.

I'm not saying that EJ can come in and get minutes for UK, but the kid can flat out play basketball.
CAL can offer all he wants ,E .J. will be at UofL.
EJ will sit his Freshman year no doubt. But he will not be one of these walk-ons that dont play all four years. IMO, take the first nine off of UK and he is better than the rest of the team. Mark it down. His sophmore or Junior year, Pitino will give him a scholarship.
I could see Elisha getting some playing time as a back up! You guys are forgetting Pitino and the press he plays has to have several guards including 4 or 5 guards! I see hime getting some pt next season
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Listen I am glad the kid is getting to walk on at Louisville if thats what he wants but really playing time? Guys come on he is going to be their Mark Krebs.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Listen I am glad the kid is getting to walk on at Louisville if thats what he wants but really playing time? Guys come on he is going to be their Mark Krebs.

Exactly. EJ will be a minute man. They may put him in with a minute to go up 20 to win the game lol. Thats all I see from him.
Guys please dont knock him so hard because he deserves better. If you dont think he can play that is OK but some of these post are ridiculous. Justice is taking a big chance because it is looking unlikely that Pitino will be there for 4 more years which would really be tough.
5timechamp Wrote:Guys please dont knock him so hard because he deserves better. If you dont think he can play that is OK but some of these post are ridiculous. Justice is taking a big chance because it is looking unlikely that Pitino will be there for 4 more years which would really be tough.

Noone is saying that he cant play. But look at jon hood.
WALL2WALL Wrote:EJ will sit his Freshman year no doubt. But he will not be one of these walk-ons that dont play all four years. IMO, take the first nine off of UK and he is better than the rest of the team. Mark it down. His sophmore or Junior year, Pitino will give him a scholarship.

Really?? No offense to he nor his family nor Louisville but if he were better than the last four on UK's bench which are Stevenson, Harrellson, Hood and Krebs, he would be getting a scholarship. I'll give you Krebs just out of generousity.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Really?? No offense to he nor his family nor Louisville but if he were better than the last four on UK's bench which are Stevenson, Harrellson, Hood and Krebs, he would be getting a scholarship. I'll give you Krebs just out of generousity.

He turned down 4, committed to walk-on early and shied away many more that were coming such as Morehead State.
He is good, but at Louisville he will play Center, Guard, and Forward. He'll set in the Center of the bench, Guard the water cooler, and look Forward to the next game. At a D-2 school he might do something, at Louisville, I just don't see much happening there.
PC_You_Know Wrote:He turned down 4, committed to walk-on early and shied away many more that were coming such as Morehead State.

That tells me his GPA isnt that high then. Yea, hes a good player but not good enough to play in the Big East. Look at Siva, He was a 4 star McDonalds AA and only got 3-8 mins a game.
To me he would fit in good at a lower D1 like EKU, WKU, or Morehead. Maybe he just wants to be on the team and dont care about playing time. If he wants playing time, I would say he should go somewhere else.
Maybe after they won the State Tourny he is getting some D1 offers now? Who knows, but thats my 2 cents!
If Preston Knowles can get PT, then Justice can too. Let's not forget, Knewles is a small guard from Kentucky(GRC, I believe) too.