Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would u rather have at clutch time......Vince Young or Matt Leinart?
The scrambling Young or the pocket passing Leinart.
Young can scramble or pocket pass...so I'm going with Vince Young
I would have to say Vince Young....hes came through in a few clutch situations before just like last years Rose Bowl againist Michigan and this year againist OSU....since he can scramble better than Lienart....hes the better playmaker....by the way this is an awesome thread!.....lol
Vince Young but I'd be happy with Leinart
Leinhart by a mile.

How many straight wins has he led USC to? Also--don't be surprised to see Young choke it up big time against USC. We will get a good look at what he is really made of . . .
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Leinhart by a mile.

How many straight wins has he led USC to? Also--don't be surprised to see Young choke it up big time against USC. We will get a good look at what he is really made of . . .

I do not beleive young will choke. Just remember his game against OSU. Brought his team to a victory.
"golfman42" Wrote:I do not beleive young will choke. Just remember his game against OSU. Brought his team to a victory.

True. And I would agree that Ohio State has a very good defense.

However--they didn't beat them as big as they should have--and--it was right at the beginning of the year.

Also--I get the impression that USC would have dropped Ohio State like a bad habit--With Leinhart leading the way.
It could just be me but Leinart seems to get nervous in big games. Look at the way he played against UCLA, throwing the ball way over his receivers. He may get nervous with all of the records on the line.
Didn't Vince Young have a similar type of performance towards the end of the year?

It may have even taken him out of contention for the Heisman?

I will take Leinhart and his National Championship rings--easily.
I would be happy with either but I would take Leinart first. All he does is win and he came up big in South Bend earlier in the season on the last drive of the game with their winning streak on the line.
Leinart is the better passer and makes smarter decisions.