Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Needs This Coach Again Next Year!
Well Shelby Valley has been through its ups and downs as a football team! There ups was beating teams that ppl thought they could ever beat and going to the playoffs in the 2003 for the first time. Well the thunder has struk at the valley once again for the Wildcats! ANOTHER COACH! come on ppl this is rediculess that this team will not keep this coach after the 3 time. This is guy is awsome for the team of what I've heard in the local places around town. The kids seem to really like him and that is what these kids need! The coach that they like and that will always be there for them. This guy is called ANTHONY HAMPTON! He has worked them hard for the past years and loved the game of football. He has been there for the team in the ruff and good times for these kids on the team! He cares about them and watchs them like they are his own kids. He never has been late for a practice and has been there everytime. This man puts his time and effort in for this team. He watchs film for them and breaks every play down and writes it down. This is my senior year and I want it to be great so if you would like to give this guy support show up at the next SITE BASE OR PTA MEETING AT THE SCHOOL! PLS HELP US KEEP HIM IN AND I SAY THAT MOST OF THE TEAM WILL LIKE IT IF YOU WILL!:thanks:
i agree
Me too!
Anthony Hampton does need to be on the staff!, but at this point in his coaching career he DOSEN'T have the knowlege to compet with the top coaches in the mountains...coaching wise he is the second worst in the district. his work ethic, love for the game and love for the players is enevidable, but right now he just dosen't have the football knowlege to compeet with the top teams in the district. He should be the strength and conditioning coach, and the d-line coach, but not the head coach or the d-coordinator. Please don't take this in a negitave way, but P.Heywood, J.Derossit, E.Ratliff, S. Hegar, and Chris Macnamee are all leaps and bounds above Hampton as a coach!...He needs someone to learn from!. and there isn't anything wrong with that!, but right now, if I were a player (and I have played for coach Hampton) he isn't Head coach or D-coordinator material. In 4-6 years he may be ready, but not right now.

Heart, you beat who you were suppose to beat, and no one else. IMO it would be in Shelby Valley's best interist to hire someone oustide the community, or in worst case, David Osborne; untill Anthony is ready!

P.S. has everyone forgot what he did to Greg Napier?
What is Hampton's coaching history and football background?
Coaching:

Dorton middle school- 1 Year
Shelby Valley d-line coach -1 year
Shelby Valley interam head coach- 1 year, 2 years total

Playing:

He clames to have played, but no one I've asked recalls him steping on the field...I personaly don't know.
I feel that AH deserves to stay; with him stepping in like he did and handling the situation in such a positive way.
I agree tampa, Hampton did handle the situation very well, but my point is: He dosen't have the knowlege, experance, or general know how to be a head coach at the high school level.
Do you think Vince Lombardi knew everything when he got his first Head Coaching position? If Hampton is willing to work hard (which it appears he is) and the kids buy into what he is doing (which it appears they do) then Hampton, like all other coaches, will learn as he goes. Good luck to him.
Tampa2 Wrote:Do you think Vince Lombardi knew everything when he got his first Head Coaching position? If Hampton is willing to work hard (which it appears he is) and the kids buy into what he is doing (which it appears they do) then Hampton, like all other coaches, will learn as he goes. Good luck to him.

You can't compare Lombardi to this situation. Lombardi had twenty years of coaching behind his belt before he took his first head coaching job at Green Bay. Along with being an assistant under great coaches (Sleepy Crowley, Blaik, coach with Landry, etc)

From what I read, this guy has two. That is NOT enough to be a head coach with.
Good Point. But if Vince had the opportunity to be a HC earlier, don't you think he would have jumped on the chance?

All I'm trying to say is he's been a HC for 1 year, coming in under tough cir***stances, and he and his team performed admirably. I would say the learning curve for him has/is been very steep. But I say let him continue; Now if one or two years from now you're not happy with him, then look somewhere else.
Incase you haven't read..Hampton removed his name from the coaching picture..
Did he give a reason for taking his name out?. SVHSfootball, do u know who all has applied up to this point?
Well that is true SVFOOTBALL, but he told me he has to get one more degree and he is going to spend time with his family more then he did.
I would say that the reasons for him taking his name out of the running(if in fact he did),goes alittle deeper than most would know. I don't believe he has tenure as a teacher,and the way things are ran in that school,if you don't scratch the right back, or kiss the right backside,you just might be looking for a new job.This is a problem in this school system that has gotten way out of control. IMO, Mr. Hampton ruffled too many ''chicken'' feathers and expected the same internal support for his football program as the all glorious ''Basketball program''.The total non-support of the administration towards the football program is as well known in the surrounding community as the habits of the previous 3 head coaches leading up to Hampton's hire.What's not to like about this young man, he's a christain, he takes care of the students that are having trouble in their personal lives, and shows a great deal of interest in their personal well-being.He shows excitment on the sidelines, he's young and willing to put the needed time in ,inorder to build a program that has suffered through dealing with coaches that showed little or no interest in it's growth.
IMO, Hampton was just trying to preserve his job....by my observations he would have made a great coach for the SV football team and a coach that the community could have been proud of,... he has been let down by the very people he was trying to represent...if I were part of the administration, I would have a very hard time looking at myself in a mirror.
SV would make a great reality show. Backstabbing,lying,cheating,crying,laughing all in one schools sports programs:Clap: Sounds to me like trust no one and sleep with a gun in your area:police:
I see how u could think our school could make a good show...but unfortunatley this is real life and the kids at our school are being let down by the administration. If Hampton doesnt want to be the coach then so be it. But dont wait until the school year is almost over and just pick a name out of a hat. This is a good team with good players and those players are ready to take it to the next level, as were the coaches before being betrayed by the administration. Hampton and his staff has done in one year what it would take alot of other coaches atleast 2 to 4 years to do. Not to mention the bad situation he inherited going in there. TO WHOEVER IS PLAYING THESE GAMES WITH OUR TEAM...DO THE RIGHT THING AND HELP THESE KIDS WIN SOME BALL GAMES NEXT YEAR!!!
Maybe Hillard can help you guys again, since the basketball program is headed in the right direction.
Hillard is happy where he's at!
I Thought The Coach At Valley Did A Heck Of A Job Last Year.
Anybody that can take a team that was in the situation we were in and make them competitive is a hell of a football coach in my opinion....Some people might not think hes experienced enough to be the head man at our school but i can guarantee you hes the hardest working coach Valley has ever had
Whats the latest on Forest Dale Springer reality show, "WHO IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT FOOTBALL COACH"?
Ive said it for years and Ill say it again, the political machine at SV will NEVER allow Football to outshine B-ball. I hear that that Greg Newsome the football and b-ball coach at virgie middle has the job already. This guy is a flat out joke.
i agree...Greg Newsome might be succesful on the middle school level but only because he has so much talent to work with, the plays this guy draws up are something you would see on a video game....they might get 20 yards a pop on playstation but in real life theres no way they would work unless everyone in the backfield ran a 4.3
And while im still thinking about it...last year coach Hager from Sheldon Clark led his team to a 2-8 season, correct me if im wrong....and as an interim head coach, Anthony Hampton took over our team right before football camp and turned us into a 4-7 team with a 4 seed in the playoffs...and this same team had a good oppurtunity to beat sheldon clark, should have beaten p-burg but gave up a 21-7 lead in the 2nd half...and was down only by 7 to Belfry in the 3rd quarter....i would like to ask everyone on here, what do you think this guy could do if he had control of our team....i personally think he could turn a somewhat average team to a possible district contender in just a few years....but lets hear what you all think...
Question Valley 06'...Who did you "upset" this past season?, and who didn't expect you to get that AWSOME 4 spot in the district?...you did exactly what ppl knew you would do! you didn't beat anyone you weren't supposed to, and you didn't get any higher than the 4 seed...is that what you guys play for...4? Just because you "almost" beat S.C., and you were only down 7 in the 3rd to Belfry...ect.ect. DID YOU BEAT THEM?....NO!....and untill you do beat them....you have no basis for argument...

BTW...you know why you lost to p-burg...because Coach Derossett made better adjustments at halftime, and your coaching staff didn't, and didn't know how to handle what he threw at them!

:wtf1:
well considering wymt expected us to be behind both east ridge and pike central i think we did pretty good...and i do have a basis for argument...maybe you just misunderstood me, if coach Hager took a team from 2-8 in his first year and made them contenders for the region the next...i think if Anthony Hampton had the chance he could do the same...and if you happen to have a copy of the Sheldon Clark game i want you to watch it because there is a very questionable call at the end where running back Larry May got tackled into the endzone on 4th down and they didnt give him the TD which would have won the game for us...also you dont have any connection to this team so you couldnt see the changes going on inside the players, this year we knew we were winners and we carried that with us, and we actually stood up to each other for a change, Hampton made us a team of brothers.
maybe sv should take a look at Chuke Williams. And he is currently not coaching.
It doesn't matter who they look at,if they can't help win an election or get FDJ a bunch of votes in the near future, then they don't have a snowballs chance in hell as far as getting a coaching job at that school.Want to get rid of the problems surrounding the football program at SVHS????? then start by getting rid of the main problem ''FDJ'', Then work your way down!!!
A person from that area once told me that the people in that area are "football ignorant". I also am from that area orignaly and I couldnt agree more. The paople who do bother to show up at football games usually just wind up talking about how the B-ball team is going to be this year. To show where the priorities lie in that area Ill give you a perfect example. The virgie middle football team has won the county championship for the last I dont know how many years(Id love to see them play in the Big Sandy conference with Pikeville,Belfry,P-burg,Hazard and Breathitts jr high teams but youve got to present birth certificates along with your rosters if you know what I mean)Ive havent seen even a t-shirt acknowldeging this accomplishment . But, the B-Ball team wins the state tournament and the players all get letterman style jackets with the state champs logo on the back. If I was a Football only player at that school I would be pretty offended by that. Oh wait a minute I was, thats why I left. So maybe "football ignorant" isnt the best phrase, "football negligent" is more fitting dont yall think?