Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Johnson Central overated?
yeah
yes....they pulled out a win over Boyd Co. but only after Boyd's star player Anthony Owens (leading scorer in state) was fouled out with 5 minutes to go in the 4th qtr. This was definately "HOME" win.
"TIGER FAN" Wrote:yes....they pulled out a win over Boyd Co. but only after Boyd's star player Anthony Owens (leading scorer in state) was fouled out with 5 minutes to go in the 4th qtr. This was definately "HOME" win.

I guess we are finally learning from the tigers how to do that. The have perfected that over the years. The fact is Owens should have fouled out earlier. Central made its comeback with Owens on the floor and actually took the lead back with him out. By the way who is Anthony Owens?:ref2:
i would have to say yes a very good team beat the by 17 the other night that was hazard. But they are starting to click now i look for them to be a hard team to handle come tournament time
Very overrated, I haven't seen them do much all year
Yes big time
I think the Eagles are not overated but are still learning coach Starns system. They have alot of talent and with their win over Boyd Co. has shown much improvement.They will be a hard team to deal with when tourney time rolls around.The only overated team i see in the 57th is Paintsville.
I'm not saying they are overrated at all, and I am not bashing their coach, but I think they let a good one get away in Coach Trimble.
"Eagle Eye" Wrote:I guess we are finally learning from the tigers how to do that. The have perfected that over the years. The fact is Owens should have fouled out earlier. Central made its comeback with Owens on the floor and actually took the lead back with him out. By the way who is Anthony Owens?:ref2:

This is truth. I watched the game. Owens was in the game and completely shut down in the 4th. Johnson Central is not yet tounament ready. But they have six weeks of ball to play. Over rated? By who? The opposing schools?:wenumber1 I don't remember the 2006 KSHAA Sweet Sixteen yet. Or 15th regional tourney, or 58th district................... No one can claim it, yet.
they are overrated
how many johnson central games have you watched this year??/ None, thats what i thought..... :Clap:
"TERMINATOR X" Wrote:they are overrated
yes
idk but i think that they will progress through out the season and live up to there rating if not exceed it
teams adjusting to a new coach and his/her style of running things can factor in some draw backs during a ball game but eventually they will be in full swing with there coach and jc will be a good contender in the region
They are ranked third in the paper today. Paintsville was #1.
Yes, they think they are going to be good because they have coach starns.
overated.... nope, no one should turn their back on these boys, game by game, they are becoming dangerous to the 15th.
Nope................From what i have seen this year there are lookin pretty good.........Don't get me wrong they can improve but so far i believe there are the best in the 57th ditrict and one of the best in the 15th region
yes
yeap
they are overated...from what i hear the team hates the coach...this cant be good
"TERMINATOR X" Wrote:they are overated...from what i hear the team hates the coach...this cant be good

And Paintsville is not????:bounce:
"TERMINATOR X" Wrote:they are overated...from what i hear the team hates the coach...this cant be good

How do you know the team hates their coach? What some people call hating a coach other people call boys being spoiled rotten brats. Perhaps they just don't like the fact that he won't bow to them just because they are "good" in their own eyes. hmmmm?
"Imnottelling" Wrote:How do you know the team hates their coach? What some people call hating a coach other people call boys being spoiled rotten brats. Perhaps they just don't like the fact that he won't bow to them just because they are "good" in their own eyes. hmmmm?

Parent comments at games and practises and players refusing to listen to the man on the court.
"singingpreacher" Wrote:Parent comments at games and practises and players refusing to listen to the man on the court.

That's too bad. From the things I've heard about Coach Starns he's good and he knows what he's doing. If the parents don't support him then JC can be in for a really tough go of it. I think that maybe the parents need to start telling their boys that they need to grow up and quit being babies. Winning takes work and if you aren't will to work then you don't need to be on the court. IMO
no, but dont look for them at state this year
i believe johson central is overrated. they may have a few good players, but wont amount to much.
Way overrated. Write this down,JC will not make it out the district