• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12th Region Tournament
Monday
Lincoln County vs Casey County

Monticello vs Mecer County

tuesday
Rockcastle County vs Garrard County

Southwestern vs East Jess
Looks like this is going to be a good tournament to watch. I will predict that it is going to be a Rock vs Lincoln Final with Rock advancing to Diddle. Good luck to all teams.
How important is that win vs. Casey county for Rockcastle now? They will play Garrard instead of Lincoln in the first round! HUGE!
lwc Wrote:How important is that win vs. Casey county for Rockcastle now? They will play Garrard instead of Lincoln in the first round! HUGE!
:Clap:Indeed on that!!
When is the Championship game Wednesday or Thursday?
lwc Wrote:When is the Championship game Wednesday or Thursday?

According to the KHSAA website, it is on the 6th (Saturday)
Semi finals is friday and the finals are saturday but the weather can change all of this like it did two years ago.
Monday
Lincoln County vs Casey County6 pm

Monticello vs Mercer County 8pm

Tuesday
Rockcastle County vs Garrard County 6pm

Southwestern vs East Jess 8 pm
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Monday
Lincoln County vs Casey County6 pm

Southwestern vs East Jess 8 pm

Tuesday
Rockcastle County vs Garrard County 6pm

Monticello vs Mercer County 8pm

I predict:
Lincoln
S.W. Pulaski
Rockcastle
Mercer County

Lincoln
Rockcastle

Rockcastle by 3.
I think southwestern could pull the upset on Lincoln or Casey. They have came a long way this year already. They could surprise people if they get past East Jessamine, which I think they will. Gonna be very tough for anybody to get past Rock!
Southwestern could definitely pull the upset on Lincoln or Casey. They have been playing very well and can play with anyone IMO. It will be tough for anyone to get past Rock! But not impossible!
SW Pulaski has been getting better because the rest of the team decided to stop standing around Fothergill and decided to play. I have told people on here that if Fothergill began to get help the SW would get better.

I think it will tough to get past Lincoln if Lincoln is hitting their shots. Lincoln could beat almost anyone in the State if they are hitting the long-ball, because it opens things up for Kendra Brown.

Rock is very athletic and fast. I think the Region is theirs to lose, even though it is at Lincoln.
Southwestern has some 7th grade that are better shooters then Fothergill
lwc Wrote:SW Pulaski has been getting better because the rest of the team decided to stop standing around Fothergill and decided to play. I have told people on here that if Fothergill began to get help the SW would get better.

I think it will tough to get past Lincoln if Lincoln is hitting their shots. Lincoln could beat almost anyone in the State if they are hitting the long-ball, because it opens things up for Kendra Brown.

Rock is very athletic and fast. I think the Region is theirs to lose, even though it is at Lincoln.

Just to save you a little greif by some SW fans...Just leave it at Southwestern.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Southwestern has some 7th grade that are better shooters then Fothergill

Danay is the all-time leading scorer at Southwestern in Lady Warrior history, however that will change in just a few short years as Adison Corder already is approaching the 500 point mark and she is just a 7th grader. I'm not too sure about the other two 7th graders Destiny Molden and Brittany Combs they both have a significant amount of points as well.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Monday
Lincoln County vs Casey County

Monticello vs Mecer County

tuesday
Rockcastle County vs Garrard County

Southwestern vs East Jess

The days these games will be played is backwards. Lincoln/Casey Monticello/Mercer will be played tomorrow and Rock/Garrard SW/East Jessamine will be played tonight.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:[/B]

The days these games will be played is backwards. Lincoln/Casey Monticello/Mercer will be played tomorrow and Rock/Garrard SW/East Jessamine will be played tonight.

Thanks. I will fix it.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Just to save you a little greif by some SW fans...Just leave it at Southwestern.

I have always heard that. Why do they get frustrated by that? Isn't that the name of the school? Or is it an attempt to stray from the word Pulaski? I have just never understood it, maybe you can enlighten me.
lwc Wrote:I have always heard that. Why do they get frustrated by that? Isn't that the name of the school? Or is it an attempt to stray from the word Pulaski? I have just never understood it, maybe you can enlighten me.

Well it is kinda to stray away from Pulaski. And the other part of it is its just sounds better to say Southwestern instead of southwest pulaski or pulaski southwest and the list goes on and on. But the name of the school has actually been changed to Southwestern.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Well it is kinda to stray away from Pulaski. And the other part of it is its just sounds better to say Southwestern instead of southwest pulaski or pulaski southwest and the list goes on and on. But the name of the school has actually been changed to Southwestern.

That is important to note. I did not know that. Thanks for filling me in, and I apologize to everyone for getting off-topic.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:[/B]

Rock plays on tuesday casey and lincoln play on monday
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Danay is the all-time leading scorer at Southwestern in Lady Warrior history, however that will change in just a few short years as Adison Corder already is approaching the 500 point mark and she is just a 7th grader. I'm not too sure about the other two 7th graders Destiny Molden and Brittany Combs they both have a significant amount of points as well.

I have to agree. I have gotten to see " Southwestern" only once but I was far more impressed the younger kid's then I was Danay. Now this was not a true statement for what would be from one that has watched more than just one game. Maybe someone was on and someone was off, when I saw them play. Also it hard to compare kid's with each other with that big of age difference.