Clay County vs. Lynn Camp
South Laurel vs. Bell County
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:Monday March 1, 2010

North Laurel vs. Pineville
Harlan County vs. Whitley County

Tuesday March 2, 2010
Clay County vs. Lynn Camp
South Laurel vs. Bell County

North laurel & Pineville will be a Very good game.
North should win too many atleletes.
Whitley county will Upset Harlan county
Reports out of Harlan there best player a Big was
caught for D.U.I. and will sit according to school policy.
Low scoring game.
Clay will beat Lynn and name their score on that one.
South laurel will handily beat Bell which struggled mightly
to score 30 points last time out.

Should be a GREAT REMATCH Between Clay and North laurel
I HOPE it is good as the last game.
But I think Clay will be taking this game more serious
this time around.
Tammi Wrote:North laurel & Pineville will be a Very good game.
Low scoring game.

this time around.

The big girl your refering to is Samantha Sexton and she hasn't been a factor all season. Harlan County's best player by far is Heather Maggard. They also added a pretty good player just recently in Miranda Davenport who just became eligible after transferring from Harlan.
Yeah the 1st day of games should be really good especially North and Pineville I think North won by 9 the 1st time but with Smith Pineville can be dangerous. If the d.u.i. istrue Whitley County should beat Harlan Co.
Low scoring game.

this time around.

I don't know if these DUI rumors or true or not, but it seems like a pretty low class thing to post on a public message board about a high school kid. You could have said you heard she was sitting out for disciplinary reasons, etc. if this is the rumor you heard. I don't have a daughter, but if I did, I wouldn't want her alleged mistake posted. Would you?
Want to believe it was not intentionally hurtful but agree on the insensitivity. Sadly, in this day and age, if the charge is true, there is little chance of it remaining a secret. Hopefully, things work out the proper way for the girl and the team.
I apologize I got it from the local news whom i did not think they were insensitive only reporting news. I did not know the name until
the above person posted as such. I would never post a name.
as far as her not being a factor. Then you never played against her personally. Shes imposing and a very food player.
Since i know whom it is now. She is a major part of that team!
And the new player your referring gave little or no help in the Bell county game. as Harlan citys all 'A' run end of the season record indicated after she up and quit on them..she may not in all actuallity be the saviour and answer for Harlan county in the tournament. Clay Should retain the 13th Championship.
I can only agree again. 1) The news will cover it. 2) Sexton, the two times I saw her play, is very tough inside. 3) Davenport, though I haven't seen her much since middle school, has added very little in the boxscores since becoming eligible, but could help with depth, ball-handling against opposing presses, and protecting a lead with late game free throw shooting.
Tammi Wrote:I apologize I got it from the local news whom i did not think they were insensitive only reporting news. I did not know the name until
the above person posted as such. I would never post a name.
as far as her not being a factor. Then you never played against her personally. Shes imposing and a very food player.
Since i know whom it is now. She is a major part of that team!
And the new player your referring gave little or no help in the Bell county game. as Harlan citys all 'A' run end of the season record indicated after she up and quit on them..she may not in all actuallity be the saviour and answer for Harlan county in the tournament. Clay Should retain the 13th Championship.

While the suspended player played a big role last year, she has not been a big factor this year. Not saying she couldn't have been - just that she has not. She has not played in at least half of the Lady Bears games this season including the win over Whitley County. Also, in her absence, Kalee Carroll has really stepped up and minimized the effect of her absence.
Mama Bear Wrote:I don't know if these DUI rumors or true or not, but it seems like a pretty low class thing to post on a public message board about a high school kid. You could have said you heard she was sitting out for disciplinary reasons, etc. if this is the rumor you heard. I don't have a daughter, but if I did, I wouldn't want her alleged mistake posted. Would you?

I agree.
Sexton hasn't been with the team for several weeks. That isn't news unless something else happened.
As stagnant as Harlan countys Offense is as of now i really dont see them dethroning anybody.
Clay County Will Represent the 13th.:1:
However i do like The way North laurel is shooting!:Thumbs:
If Whitley Co. watched the Harlan-bell game, Whitley has a chance for the upset. North will put one on Pineville. Great one girl show, and Smith will get her 30+ not enough. North could win the top, They have beat Harlan Co twice already if they get by Whitley. Bottom looks IMO, to be the toughest. Lynn Camp drew what alot of people would say is #1 in the 13th- Clay Co. Congrats to Lynn Camp to get this far and to post a win over a big rival school in beating Knox Co. This one had to make the season for them. Which now bring's me to the last game, Bell-South (not the phone company). South IMO is #2 and on a good run this year. On paper South should have a cake walk, 15 or more. They have not met this season but do have alot of common opp. Bell is somewhat a team that might show up one night and hide the next. They beat Harlan Co. by around 25 and the next time Harlan Co. beat them by around 25. Lost at North by around 5 but had to pull one out late at Knox by 4. Could be the best first round game of tour. New coach new team, 2-23 2007-2008, 10-19 2008-2009. This year 20-9. South wins but can't get by Clay Co.

Final's North-Clay

Winner North in upset !!!!!

I hope you didn't put money on any of that.
Harlan County didn't have anyone missing that has been there the last month.
How was the arena from a fans point of view? I'm anxious to hear.
Madden girl to much for Pineville's girl's down inside. Looked really strong and unstoppable, but now she will have someone with a little more size and bulk. Harlan now get's a "WOW" from me. Again hold's a team in the 30's for another game. Whitley could not get one to fall last night. This is to Nolan's credit and the Bear's big time D. Next ? is can they do it again? IMO no, but they proved me wrong before. I did like the gym. It was nice and clean, good parking, getting out could be better (should have 2 lanes at the bottom of the hill) maybe a problem with bigger crowd's, lighting and sound was as good as we have anywhere in the 13 and with all the room it allowed you to be able to sit without right on top of someone else. Now for the bad. To far away from the court. Not just the same as going to a Corbin ,Clay, and so on. And the biggest, The guy doing the game was good but I can think of alot better from some of the other school's. Just what I think.
palmer Wrote:I hope you didn't put money on any of that.
Harlan County didn't have anyone missing that has been there the last month.

lol..dont have any money 2 bet palmer..Wink nor gamble.
but i'll bet ya a car wash that if they even get to the final..Clay still takes all as i predicted when its said and done. Wink and im not afraid of work n will def pay up if you will...haha
understand not that im a bigtime clay fan. I played against both and have enough reason to believe clay is the toughest in the 13th. although miranda impressed me last night . but as the movie Highlander said "they can be only one." it is a shame that the last two standing cannot represent there were a bad stomach virus rampant on one of the 4 teams last night and 2 girls were even hospitalized whoever played against whomever best look out...things such as this could somewhat of a factor.