Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 88 East Ridge 33 (59th District Championship)
final from East Ridge
Good win for Valley! Really laid it on thick. No mercy for the competition from here on out. GO VALLEY!
4th straight 59th District Championships from Valley
Elisha Justice-13
Taylor Newsome-21
Tyler Newsome-16
Ashley Hatfield-16
Dillion Tackett-6
Cody Varney-9
Rusty Robert-3
Trey Robert-1
Jacob Robinson-2
Johnathon Burger-1
Taylor Newsome player of the Game
All District Tourny team from Valley-Ashley Hatfield,Tyler Newsome, Taylor Newsome, Elisha Justice
NYY10 Wrote:4th straight 59th District Championships from Valley

5th straight isnt it?

04:East Ridge
05-10: Shelby Valley

Did Pikeville sneek one in there somewhere?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Good win for Valley! Really laid it on thick. No mercy for the competition from here on out. GO VALLEY!
Exactly, no need to get out of rhythm, go out there and put up 120 if you can.
NYY10 Wrote:Taylor Newsome player of the Game
All District Tourny team from Valley-Ashley Hatfield,Tyler Newsome, Taylor Newsome, Elisha Justice

Cody Varney was also named to the All District Team.
Most uncontested district championship game I have ever seen. No disrespect at all to ER. SV could have scored blindfolded because they were so in the zone. Defense was swarming as well.
Loss to PCC may have awakened the sleeping giants of the mountains to not assume anything.
Congrats to Valley! That loss to PCC might have lit a fire under the Wildcats.
The all district team was a season long honor, not just an all-tournament team. Pikeville had Wes Rowe, Clark and Cecil. SV had their starting five and ER had McClanahan and Fields I believe.
oh wow..........what a surprise.........with all the hold backs SV has they should be playing UK.........i think they r all about the same age....give these high school boys a chance..........move on if u r good enough............
Colonels Fan Wrote:oh wow..........what a surprise.........with all the hold backs SV has they should be playing UK.........i think they r all about the same age....give these high school boys a chance..........move on if u r good enough............

varney is not a hold back - he is 17...also, i would wager that at least 3 of ER's starters are hold backs as well...thats how it is round here
:Thumbs:congrats wildcats! and especially u 5 starters who are all district!:Thumbs:
great win for valley.. i think they will go to the regional championship then los eto lawrence co ....in a barnburner...let sgo dawgs
Anyways, great game for the Cats. Really stepped the defense up tonight. 33 points in a chamionship game is very impressive. Go bring the 15th home once again.
Real Badman Wrote:5th straight isnt it?

04:East Ridge
05-10: Shelby Valley

Did Pikeville sneek one in there somewhere?
your prolbably right lol

DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Cody Varney was also named to the All District Team.

correct!!
Congrats valley
Not much competition in District play
The word holdback appeared in an earlier thread.
READ the Rules. If I want to hold my child back in school to provide them a better opportunity to succeed in athletics, academics, or social development then as a parent I have that right. It is called freedom. Some people want to use it as an excuse if they don't exercise their right to do the same. It is O.K. to not like the rule, but it is not O.K. to insinuate that someone is better solely by age because during that extra year also came extra work.
There are plenty of players better than SV starters in America that are underclassmen.
One other thing, how many of other parents have spent thousands of hours and dollars to travel the country letting their children play AAU from Fla. to California. No wonderit is appealing to play for a school like SV. Few work as hard.
If you want what SV has then roll up your shirtsleeves and go to work. Rules can be use to benefit players and teams. If you check rosters the teams in the sweet sixteen will be similiar in age.
Who will East Ridge be playing in the first round of the 15th tourny?
Colonels Fan Wrote:oh wow..........what a surprise.........with all the hold backs SV has they should be playing UK.........i think they r all about the same age....give these high school boys a chance..........move on if u r good enough............

I hope you're not saying SV won this game because they have a few holdbacks. I don't think that a year in age made as big of a difference in this one as much as the talent did and remember it could have been alot worse if you ask me.:please:
justabballfan Wrote:I hope you're not saying SV won this game because they have a few holdbacks. I don't think that a year in age made as big of a difference in this one as much as the talent did and remember it could have been alot worse if you ask me.:please:

Exactly, hard work in the off "seasons", and I must stress that as a plural because these boys have worked very hard for their entire career at making themselves the best they could be. Age played very little in the outcome of this game, sometimes you just have to face facts in life that you get beat because someone is better than you are, bottom line.
justabballfan Wrote:I hope you're not saying SV won this game because they have a few holdbacks. I don't think that a year in age made as big of a difference in this one as much as the talent did and remember it could have been alot worse if you ask me.:please:

trufan Wrote:Exactly, hard work in the off "seasons", and I must stress that as a plural because these boys have worked very hard for their entire career at making themselves the best they could be. Age played very little in the outcome of this game, sometimes you just have to face facts in life that you get beat because someone is better than you are, bottom line.

I couldn't have said it better, SV's boys have worked very hard over the last few off "seasons" and I'm glad to see that all their hard work is paying off and remember you only get out it what you put in to it. OH yeah, I almost forgot to mention it, but the pass by Tyler was one of the better ones I've seen on any level, it was SWEET.
Congrats Valley.
justabballfan Wrote:I couldn't have said it better, SV's boys have worked very hard over the last few off "seasons" and I'm glad to see that all their hard work is paying off and remember you only get out it what you put in to it. OH yeah, I almost forgot to mention it, but the pass by Tyler was one of the better ones I've seen on any level, it was SWEET.

what pass? Didn't get to see the game, describe it
asdfasdf Wrote:what pass? Didn't get to see the game, describe it

It was sort of with his back to the goal, an of a over the shoulder, no look pass from about the free throw line to hit (I beleive) Varney for a layup.
packman24 Wrote:great win for valley.. i think they will go to the regional championship then los eto lawrence co ....in a barnburner...let sgo dawgs

You're probably right. :lmao::lmao::lmao: Congrats Valley.
If Varney had scored one more point all 5 starters would have been in double figures. I heard a figure but didn't write it down therefore I am not sure. I thought I heard the Shelby Valley Seniors playing together have a record of 108 to 17, somewhere in that neighborhood, very impressive. Good work Wildcats, keep the Wildcat name proud, as it is at Dorton and UK.
packman24 Wrote:great win for valley.. i think they will go to the regional championship then los eto lawrence co ....in a barnburner...let sgo dawgs

Yeah, because Lawrence is so impressive right?