Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Co. MS Boys
I want to congratulate you boys on a great middle school career. 6th grade state final four and AAU Division 2 champs. 7th grade state runner-up and 8th grade final sixteen. Shane Hall, Seaton Hall, Braxton Blair, Trever Sherman, Hunter Ratliff, Truman Salyer, Slade McPeek and Nick McKenzie. It was a great run. This year we fell short, but I still saw a lot of improvement from last year. Jason Shepherd and Scott Holbrook put their hearts into this team and spent a lot of time away from their families and it is appreciated. High School coach Tommy McKenzie was there to watch, it is great for a coach to show that much interest in the kids coming up. We traveled to play anyone, anywhere and that will pay off. But, all this work was for high school and I am looking forward to the next five years to see what you can accomplish.
One chapter ends and another one begins. Play hard, practice hard and no one can complain about the results. I wish it was December already. Very proud parent and fan, Good Luck.:Thumbs:
[COLOR="Blue"]Congrats guys on a great run!!!

Coach Howard
Betsy Layne[/COLOR]
Thanks Coach Howard, a big congrats to you and Betsy Layne. I got to watch some of your games and was cheering for you. I also cheered for Dorton, Virgie, Feds Creek and Hazard. Glad to see some one from our region go far. Dorton won 2 games and played well. Virgie gave Knox a great game and had the lead with about 3 minutes left and could have went farther. I thought Feds Creek done well, just faced a very good Wayne Co. team early. They could have beaten a lot of teams there. Hazard lost a heart breaker in overtime. Sebastian really improved this year and won a couple of games. The 14th and 15th were well represented, I think all of our teams showed class and played hard.
Congratulations to Johnson County. We enjoyed the day you came to Fleming County. It was a fun day. I wish we could have returned the favor, but Mother Nature nixed that twice. Good luck in the future!
It was a good day of basketball. I wish we could have played at our place as well. We had you(Fleming), Betsy Layne and Hazard coming, that would have been a great day for fans. I heard one of your players was hurt for the state tournament, I wish him a speedy recovery. Good luck to you guys in the 16th.
Thanks for having us. We played 2 very good teams that day.
cart man Wrote:It was a good day of basketball. I wish we could have played at our place as well. We had you(Fleming), Betsy Layne and Hazard coming, that would have been a great day for fans. I heard one of your players was hurt for the state tournament, I wish him a speedy recovery. Good luck to you guys in the 16th.
Thanks for having us. We played 2 very good teams that day.

That was a very enjoyable day and a great event. All the teams there made a run in the state tournament, so there was a lot of talent on the floor that day.

We had 2 players out for the state tournament. One had a broken arm and one a torn ACL. They are recovering nicely. We had a good year. They finished 35-3. Johnson Central, Southern and Lincoln County in the state were our only losses. These kids are a joy to watch. Our boys have played together since the second grade.

Now, we are ready to start baseball with our first game in about a month. Wanta play some baseball? I think you guys are probably on our schedule. I have not seen it.
It is baseball time isn't it? We are big on baseball here. Don't know if my kids will play this year or not. You guys beat LTMS at Frankfort and now they are state champs, shows what a great team you guys had.
cart man Wrote:It is baseball time isn't it? We are big on baseball here. Don't know if my kids will play this year or not. You guys beat LTMS at Frankfort and now they are state champs, shows what a great team you guys had.

Thanks for the kind words. You guys did a great job. Southern was a great team as well. They beat us in Lexington at the LCA Showcase by 5. We beat LTMS early in their schedule, but it was a great win for us.

Our first baseball game is March 26th. I can't wait.
Its nice to seem teams from our area do so great. Congrats to all of you, especially Shane Hall and Seaton Hall big fans of yours. Work hard and you can go anywhere.
I am extremely proud of all the 8th graders at Johnson County Middle School. Between Cal Ripken baseball, elementary sports and coaching football at the middle school, it has been my pleasure to be a part of these young mens lives. I would like to add, in addition to great kids, this class has the best parents that I have ever been associated with and I have been involved with Johnson County sports since 1978. I look forward to the next 4-5 years and I see great success in all sports at the high school. Thanks guys.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Adams, I forgot to list Adams. Sorry, I didn't get to see any of their games but I was definitely wanting them to win as well. Sorry Coach Howell ,I did not intend to leave Adams out I know you watched and cheered for us as well.

cart man Wrote:Thanks Coach Howard, a big congrats to you and Betsy Layne. I got to watch some of your games and was cheering for you. I also cheered for Dorton, Virgie, Feds Creek and Hazard. Glad to see some one from our region go far. Dorton won 2 games and played well. Virgie gave Knox a great game and had the lead with about 3 minutes left and could have went farther. I thought Feds Creek done well, just faced a very good Wayne Co. team early. They could have beaten a lot of teams there. Hazard lost a heart breaker in overtime. Sebastian really improved this year and won a couple of games. The 14th and 15th were well represented, I think all of our teams showed class and played hard.