Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Another One's Gone, and Another One's Gone, Another One Bites The Dust
As the Democratic Party continues to crumble right before our very eyes, Sen. Evan Bayh (D) Indiana announces he will not seek re-election stating, "I do not love Congress".

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/21408
Mr.Kimball Wrote:As the Democratic Party continues to crumble right before our very eyes, Sen. Evan Bayh (D) Indiana announces he will not seek re-election stating, "I do not love Congress".

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/21408

I agree with him on his reasons though. The constant campaigns and bickering is nonsense. The pet projects is going to bankrupt us. It seems Obama is deviding the nation.
Bayh sees the writing on the wall and is trying to distance himself from the problems that he helped create. Bayh campaigns as a moderate but he has been a pretty reliable vote for almost every hare-brained liberal bill that has reached the floor.

I do not believe that Bayh will be out of politics very long - just long enough for enough moderate and independent voters to forget his voting record. I predict that Bayh will have a book on the market in a few months, as part of his effort to rewrite history and become a viable moderate. There is also an outside chance that he will make one of those "the party left me" conversions and become a Republican.

That being said, Bayh seems like a pretty sharp guy who would be a 100% improvement over Reid, Pelosi, Obama, or Biden.
He will probably look to run in 2012 against B. Hussein, if things continue on the same track. Let's face it, even though he has voted to further the B. Hussein agenda, he has time to distance himself from the train wreck the Obama democrats have caused. It is rumored that Senator Mikulski (D) of Maryland may be the next to retire due to 'health reasons'.
I like this parting shot that Bayh took at Obama, Reid, and Pelosi. I think the fact that Bayh broke the news to Reid on the day that he made the announcement reflects his opinion of Reid. The next few months should be interesting as Bayh attempts to rehabilitate his image before going home to Indiana.

[INDENT]
Quote:If I could create one job in the private sector by helping to grow a business, that would be one more than Congress has created in the last six months. - Evan Bayh
[/INDENT]