Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky overrated?
yea they overrated id say
I can see where they are overrated and where there not overrated! They didnt play a tough schedule at all...they have only beaten 2 teams that are CURRENTLY in the top 25..thats not good at all....especiallt being Vandy and Tenn...there weaker teams in the top 25...2 of them wins were at home and then they went to VANDY and got the W! To me that is the biggest win on there resume...Which isnt that great...You like at the teams that HAS ALMOST stuck the knife to them like GA, MIAMI, SAM HOUSTON ST, Miss St....some very weak team...to me that is part of SO MANY freshman on the floor at once!
Then there is the side of this....They played against 3 of the #1 seeds from last year and won...they beat all of them...All at home though besides the UCONN! Someone said above we knew that UNC was going to be weakER...well there alot weaker which hurts...Then UCONN, who has there ups and downs but is DOWN this season as well...the UL who is playing the some of the best ball in the country right now and UK beat them....
There is two sides to everything...I am sitting in the middle....You played the tought teams FROM LAST SEASON! but then there weak...then you play drexel and teams like that...I dont like that alot...UK should have played UNC schedule
SPARTY Wrote:I can see where they are overrated and where there not overrated! They didnt play a tough schedule at all...they have only beaten 2 teams that are CURRENTLY in the top 25..thats not good at all....especiallt being Vandy and Tenn...there weaker teams in the top 25...2 of them wins were at home and then they went to VANDY and got the W! To me that is the biggest win on there resume...Which isnt that great...You like at the teams that HAS ALMOST stuck the knife to them like GA, MIAMI, SAM HOUSTON ST, Miss St....some very weak team...to me that is part of SO MANY freshman on the floor at once!
Then there is the side of this....They played against 3 of the #1 seeds from last year and won...they beat all of them...All at home though besides the UCONN! Someone said above we knew that UNC was going to be weakER...well there alot weaker which hurts...Then UCONN, who has there ups and downs but is DOWN this season as well...the UL who is playing the some of the best ball in the country right now and UK beat them....
There is two sides to everything...I am sitting in the middle....You played the tought teams FROM LAST SEASON! but then there weak...then you play drexel and teams like that...I dont like that alot...UK should have played UNC schedule

If they did and they played in the ACC they wouldn't be 26-1.
triplemaniaman Wrote:If they did and they played in the ACC they wouldn't be 26-1.

then what would they be undefeated ,lol
baller4life Wrote:yea they overrated id say

Says the poster with the Jayhawk logo as a favorite team...
Kansas-

Has only defeated the following ranked teams (USA Today Poll):
Kansas State- good win, but it was by 2 points in OT.

Temple- Despite what people seem to think, I dont think Temple is one of the Top 25 teams in America

Texas- One of the fastest backsliding teams in the country

Texas A&M- I would argue that UK's wins over Florida, UCONN, and UL are equally as impressive.

4 total wins vs. ranked teams.

They also have their lone loss against Tennessee..... a team UK beat. Let alone the fact UT beat them IMMEDIATELY after UT had suspended 4 players
Overall nationally no not really..By some of the people in the state of Kentucky..YES.
Overrated Wrote:Overall nationally no not really..By some of the people in the state of Kentucky..YES.

Agreed 100%
I think there right where they should be...There not the best team to ever take the floor like some think, and no there not playing like the best to take the floor this season, but they are the best team to play at UK in nearly a decade! Nothing to knock the history of UK because you cant, its they greatest tradition in college basketball! But they have had a rough 7 or 8 year stretch!
Truly, you can not argue the polls because they go by week to week thus, because Kansas' loss was before our one loss, they have had that one extra week to pad their push back up to 1. Even though but teams have only one loss. I guess there isnt really anything that you can do about the timing of it all. Kind of like the BCS rankings if you start the year out with a loss that is probably still the best time to take it for the bettering of your ranking at the end of the year.
Over all, I agree with the rankings but in no way is a 26-1 overrated.
cuppett777 Wrote:then what would they be undefeated ,lol

So they wouldn't struggle against Ohio State, Syracuse, Michigan State, Texas, Duke, Maryland, Va. Tech, or Clemson?
triplemaniaman Wrote:So they wouldn't struggle against Ohio State, Syracuse, Michigan State, Texas, Duke, Maryland, Va. Tech, or Clemson?

They would struggle against all those teams! You guys have to look at what a schedule that UNC played! They have alot of bad losses...I blame that on th coaches part though for scheduling a tough schedule with such young kids...Should ahve done like UK and played a rather easy schedule
triplemaniaman Wrote:So they wouldn't struggle against Ohio State, Syracuse, Michigan State, Texas, Duke, Maryland, Va. Tech, or Clemson?

Hey dude! I was wondering what team the college avatar is on your profile.