Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recruiting Update on Hazard's Josh Whitaker
Hazard High School point guard Josh Whitaker has been considered one of the state's top players in the Class of 2010 for several years.

The 6-foot, 170-pound averages 15.1 points and 4.2 rebounds a game for the Bulldogs now as a senior. He's hitting 35 percent from three-point range.

And Whitaker is also waiting on colleges.

Whitaker said he has offers from Pikeville College and Lincoln Memorial and noted some interest from Eastern Kentucky University. He said Army and Air Force have also been in contact.

"I think I can play anywhere," Whitaker said. "But I'm just going to play it out and see what happens."

Link
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Hazard High School point guard Josh Whitaker has been considered one of the state's top players in the Class of 2010 for several years.

The 6-foot, 170-pound averages 15.1 points and 4.2 rebounds a game for the Bulldogs now as a senior. He's hitting 35 percent from three-point range.

And Whitaker is also waiting on colleges.

Whitaker said he has offers from Pikeville College and Lincoln Memorial and noted some interest from Eastern Kentucky University. He said Army and Air Force have also been in contact.

"I think I can play anywhere," Whitaker said. "But I'm just going to play it out and see what happens."

Link

What he thinks he can do, and what he can actually do, are two far differing things.
PC_You_Know Wrote:What he thinks he can do, and what he can actually do, are two far differing things.

Confusedhh:
I say he will take anything he can get. If he gets an offer from Pikeville College and he had better take it and run. There are a lot better players in the mid south conference that josh Whitaker. I doubt that he would play much at Pikeville. Alice Lloyd would be a good fit for Josh. Good Luck
superfreak Wrote:I say he will take anything he can get. If he gets an offer from Pikeville College and he had better take it and run. There are a lot better players in the mid south conference that josh Whitaker. I doubt that he would play much at Pikeville. Alice Lloyd would be a good fit for Josh. Good Luck

Hicks is a Junior and Clark is a Senior. A few spots will be opening up, but one will be filled by Landon Slone I would say.
He's been a good player for a while. He's burnt the Dores more times than I can remember. I hate him when we play them, but he's very fun to watch when Hazard is playing somebody else. I watched him and Hicks a lot in high school and Whitaker can do the same things Hicks is doing at Pikeville College. I hope Josh does well at the next level.
PC_You_Know Wrote:What he thinks he can do, and what he can actually do, are two far differing things.

I think it's good that he shows a lot of confidence and if your a coach, thats what you want in your pg.
Aslan Wrote:I think it's good that he shows a lot of confidence and if your a coach, thats what you want in your pg.

I agree, Good Luck Josh!
Good luck to Whitaker! He would be a nice fit at Pikeville.
he will do something stuppid and try to walk on somewhere and be like landon slone and two years later he will be playing for PIkeville or somewhere like that. save yourself trouble and go to a small school!!
He's a dandy. I wish him luck where ever he goes.
monster_energy Wrote:he will do something stuppid and try to walk on somewhere and be like landon slone and two years later he will be playing for PIkeville or somewhere like that. save yourself trouble and go to a small school!!

I'm not so sure you can make this blanket statement about walking on.

There are other reasons to walk-on besides thinking you can eventually play:

1. Want to go to the school and this gets you admitted
2. Want to learn under a coach(e.g Justice stated reason for UL)
He's a dandy, He'd fit in Perfect with Pikeville, if I were him I wouldn't pass up the Army and Navy offers ethier, he'll be able to get some good looks at D-1 basketball.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
I have defended Elisha alot from non-EKYians, but you cannot make this statement and then go tell people to back off Justice. What did you want him to say? "Well, I know I'm not very good, but gosh I try and I'm gonna play at BSCTC."
He has confidence. It's not a bad thing. So, leave him alone as you want people to do for Elisha. Your statement may have been made without intent of malice, but it was hinted at by your word choice.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have defended Elisha alot from non-EKYians, but you cannot make this statement and then go tell people to back off Justice. What did you want him to say? "Well, I know I'm not very good, but gosh I try and I'm gonna play at BSCTC."
He has confidence. It's not a bad thing. So, leave him alone as you want people to do for Elisha. Your statement may have been made without intent of malice, but it was hinted at by your word choice.

Gotta agree with this.
Good Luck Josh !! Where ever you go !!
I think Josh tries to be too flashy. i mean, just lay in the shot. easy two points rather than trying a spinning lay-up or a between the legs lay-up. but anyway, where ever Josh goes i wish him good luck.
I wish the young man nothing but the best wherever he goes.
I just hope he picks a school where he can get a good education!!!
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:I think Josh tries to be too flashy. i mean, just lay in the shot. easy two points rather than trying a spinning lay-up or a between the legs lay-up. but anyway, where ever Josh goes i wish him good luck.

Okay?? I've never seen him try anything of that.
I think that Josh would be a great get for Pikeville College for multiple reasons. I am sure that PC will benefit with more interest from the local fanbase. With more mountain kids they will be able to get more fans to the games. Hope that he takes advantage of the offer.
Josh seems like a good kid! I would love to see him at a close place like PC
Good Luck Josh!!!!!
Anyways. Does anyone know when Josh has to make a decision.
Josh will probably go to Union College.
Pikeville College and Lincoln Memorial are both good schools and I could see Josh going to either. Hopefully Pikeville is where he decides to sign though, because they have an awful lot of talent there with Setty and Slone.
I think that Josh is very good point guard one of the best the mountains have ever seen, but with saying that he is very streaky, when the going is good and there up he is awesome but when he gets down on his self and things just isn't going right he gets to frustraited and sometimes gets out of control, he also lose his composure really easy. He has some really great quailties and some bad ones to. I think the bad ones will hurt him on the next level, some of the bigger schools I think will stay away from him because of that and his size. I really think a Pikeville would be a perfect fit for him and a Great Coach who can work with him to make him a top notch NAIA point guard.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I think that Josh is very good point guard one of the best the mountains have ever seen, but with saying that he is very streaky, when the going is good and there up he is awesome but when he gets down on his self and things just isn't going right he gets to frustraited and sometimes gets out of control, he also lose his composure really easy. He has some really great quailties and some bad ones to. I think the bad ones will hurt him on the next level, some of the bigger schools I think will stay away from him because of that and his size. I really think a Pikeville would be a perfect fit for him and a Great Coach who can work with him to make him a top notch NAIA point guard.

You see a loss in composure with a lot of high school athletes. Its a part of maturation, and once a kid like Josh matures he will learn not to lose his composure.
Josh is a great Eastern Kentucky High school player. He is the heart and soul of Hazards team. Pikeville will be a great school for him but he will be an asset to any college team.