3. Perry Central
4. Knott Central
5. Hazard
6. South Laurel
7. Breathitt County
8. Clay County
9. Pikeville
10. Lawrence County
Looks good too me, but idt Corbin should be #2.
UkFan23 Wrote:Looks good too me, but idt Corbin should be #2.

Me either.
Corbin needs to be knocked down to #4 and Breathitt should be bumped up to atleast #6!
leecoukfan Wrote:Corbin needs to be knocked down to #4 and Breathitt should be bumped up to atleast #6!

agree
I would put LC in front of Pikeville and like others have said move Breathitt up a spot or two.
I'd go with this.
1. SV
2. PCC
3. KCC
4. Corbin
5. Hazard
6. Breathitt
7. Clay Co
8. LC
9. South Laurel
10. Pikeville
Corbin is a mountain team I have not seen or heard play a game this year, yet have an impressive record. I don't know if they should be ranked 2nd or not, will have to wait and see how good they are.
Breathitt beat Corbin and Hazard...They also played the # 10 team in the state and only lost by 6...I think they at least deserve a 4 spot
Corbins not really proven and Breathitt beat Hazard at a time anyone could have. Well see how they fair against Hazard at the end of the season.
Aslan Wrote:I'd go with this.
1. SV
2. PCC
3. KCC
4. Corbin
5. Hazard
6. Breathitt
7. Clay Co
8. LC
9. South Laurel
10. Pikeville

I like this.
Probably the most accurate this poll has been all season.
Agreed. I thought this poll was a fairly accurate poll and it really is starting to look like Breathitt is hitting its peak.
1.Valley
2.Perry
3.Knott
4.Hazard
5.Breathitt
6.Corbin
7.Clay
8.Buckhorn
9.South Laurel
10.Lawrence Co.

Corbin has not beat a good team all year and I dont think they have proven anything. Knott and Perry will flip flop until the end of the season. Hazard and Breathitt will be dangerous in the regional tourney!
catfan1 Wrote:1.Valley
2.Perry
3.Knott
4.Hazard
5.Breathitt
6.Corbin
7.Clay
8.Buckhorn
9.South Laurel
10.Lawrence Co.

Corbin has not beat a good team all year and I dont think they have proven anything. Knott and Perry will flip flop until the end of the season. Hazard and Breathitt will be dangerous in the regional tourney!

South Laurel has worse team that they have ever had, no way they should be in the top 10.
I put them in the top 10 because there is no one else to put there. Its hard to find 10 good teams in the mountains this year. Outside of my top 8 teams, its a toss up.
catfan1 Wrote:I put them in the top 10 because there is no one else to put there. Its hard to find 10 good teams in the mountains this year. Outside of my top 8 teams, its a toss up.

I think most people put Pikeville in there. If you were looking for a filler. I think the list looks good. I cant wait to see how Corbin plays against a great opponent.
Pretty good poll
I'm not sold on corbin....but it doesn't look like anyone is lol
Do anyone have any information firsthand on this redhounds team. They really seem like one unknown team. I really dont know much about them.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Do anyone have any information firsthand on this redhounds team. They really seem like one unknown team. I really dont know much about them.

Well this unknown team, has beaten no one, and is somehow #2 in this poll.
NYY10 Wrote:agree

Clay beat Breathitt 50 in summer ball. No way Breathitt could beat Clay.
Looks like everyone agrees Corbin is ranked a little high at #2, but they have beaten some pretty good teams, including Clay Co. (8), South Laurel twice (6), lost by 1 to Breathitt (7) and have won 14 straight games.
The SL wins would look better in other years. There just 13-8. The 13th as a whole is down this year.
the 13th as a whole has been down for the last couple of seasons.. Corbin shouldn't even be near the top 5, they've played no one!
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
bobcatbball Wrote:Clay beat Breathitt 50 in summer ball. No way Breathitt could beat Clay.

That is summer ball alot changes in the season, Clay lucky to be in the top ten right now. But if they had everybody healthy and the kid that got kick off the team back they would be fighting for the #1 spot in my books.
If Pikeville can win the rest of their games excluding Valley and Perry Central they should remain on the list. The drop from 8 to 9 after a 13-1 stretch with the only loss to the Mountain #1 team. And even with a loss to Perry they should stay in if they keep it respectable with Perry being ahead of them as well. With the win over LC they should, definitely be in front of them, plus they have beaten Hazard who was ahead of them as well.
Panther Thunder Wrote:If Pikeville can win the rest of their games excluding Valley and Perry Central they should remain on the list. The drop from 8 to 9 after a 13-1 stretch with the only loss to the Mountain #1 team. And even with a loss to Perry they should stay in if they keep it respectable with Perry being ahead of them as well. With the win over LC they should, definitely be in front of them, plus they have beaten Hazard who was ahead of them as well.

I'm anxious to see Pikeville play against Perry tomorrow. Hopefully Perry will fair better than Hazard did @ Pikeville.
Aslan Wrote:I'm anxious to see Pikeville play against Perry tomorrow. Hopefully Perry will fair better than Hazard did @ Pikeville.
I believe Perry's size may be a factor. Hazard was not too much bigger, but from seeiNG Perry play a half versus Central, I seem to remember they have good size. Pikeville will have to play very good defense and they keep will be keeping the Dores off the offensive boards. Wes Rowe will need to stay out of foul trouble, and Clark will need to get his along with Branham or Evans getting hot from outside.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I believe Perry's size may be a factor. Hazard was not too much bigger, but from seeiNG Perry play a half versus Central, I seem to remember they have good size. Pikeville will have to play very good defense and they keep will be keeping the Dores off the offensive boards. Wes Rowe will need to stay out of foul trouble, and Clark will need to get his along with Branham or Evans getting hot from outside.

I see, I see. Perry's biggest player wasen't playing much at the time, Dillion Cornett. He's around 6'7-8. He's been starting lately and was huge in the win over Knott Co.