Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 underrated coaches
theVILLE Wrote:lol true..but at home this year i say wisconsin is a top 10 team..

I agree Wisconsin is hard to beat at home.......but teams don't play at home in the NCAA tournament.
lwc Wrote:I agree with you for now. I think he needs more time but he has a chance still. He has shown some promise but needs to win without Blake Griffin.

This year's team has Top 15 talent, and last year they had the most domiant player in the country. Without Griffin last year Oklahoma was a NIT team much like they will be this year it appears.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This year's team has Top 15 talent, and last year they had the most domiant player in the country. Without Griffin last year Oklahoma was a NIT team much like they will be this year it appears.

I'm not sure if you understood me or not. I am agreeing with you that he is not a Top 5 under-rated coach right now. I am saying that he needs to win without Blake Griffin. People said the same about Tom Crean whenever he had Dwayne Wade. Marquette began to win games after Wade and the talking stopped.

I am saying that Capel has the same chance but he isn't there yet.
Whats everyones thought on Brad Stevens? Hes done a lot for Butler in his young career so far.
lwc Wrote:I'm not sure if you understood me or not. I am agreeing with you that he is not a Top 5 under-rated coach right now. I am saying that he needs to win without Blake Griffin. People said the same about Tom Crean whenever he had Dwayne Wade. Marquette began to win games after Wade and the talking stopped.

I am saying that Capel has the same chance but he isn't there yet.

I agree with you..I was just adding on for reasoning purposes
MVP2 Wrote:Whats everyones thought on Brad Stevens? Hes done a lot for Butler in his young career so far.

He is good. Just needs a little more from me. He could be great though.
Mine would have to be:

1. Jay Wright - Villanova
2. Bob Huggins - West Virginia
3. Dave Rose - BYU
4. Fran Dunphy - Temple
5. Steve Alford - New Mexico
I don't see how Jay Wright is underrated, he gets a lot of love.
Im sorta shocked to not see Thad Mattas name on here yet. Im not a fan at all of Ohio State but hes done a good job there.His ball club is currently ranked in the top 20 and they made it to the Championship game a few years back and he done a good job at Xavier as well,Matta always has his teams at on the top of the conf. each year, hes pretty underated if ya ask me.
Thad Matta should win a lot more with the talent he gets.
MVP2 Wrote:Im sorta shocked to not see Thad Mattas name on here yet. Im not a fan at all of Ohio State but hes done a good job there.His ball club is currently ranked in the top 20 and they made it to the Championship game a few years back and he done a good job at Xavier as well,Matta always has his teams at on the top of the conf. each year, hes pretty underated if ya ask me.

He went to a title game and gets tons of good recruits. I always thought he got attention.