•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley/Danville Updates
The King Wrote:You are entitled to your opinion. That poll may well be correct.

:Thumbs:

Don't think I'm bashing SV. I've stated how quick Justice is and what a pretty stroke he has in this thread. I just think if they used a different game plan, Danville wouldn't even be in the game with them right now.
Glad to see I am not alone here NYY10...
You dont need to be bashing SV..When they are at the top of their game they are one of the top teams in the state..Without a doupt..They are a very good team.
NYY10 Wrote:are you serious. The kid was throwing elbows at the head of Varney

Indeed...AFTER Varney slapped down in front of the kid's face.
Bleeding Blue Wrote:You dont need to be bashing SV..When they are at the top of their game they are one of the top teams in the state..Without a doupt..They are a very good team.

See post 119, junior.
kywldcat01 Wrote::Thumbs:

Don't think I'm bashing SV. I've stated how quick Justice is and what a pretty stroke he has in this thread. I just think if they used a different game plan, Danville wouldn't even be in the game with them right now.

SV has depended on the outside shot too much in this one. However, they have hit at a pretty decent rate. SV isn't a pound it in the paint type of team...
kywldcat01 Wrote:SV is solid and that's about it.

From watching them in the first half, I can see why another bluegrass site doesn't have them in the top 10.

wow.. you need to go back to you Holmes thread.
mountainguy Wrote:40-28
Valley isisnt playing thier best, but good enough for this game
And about the officiating, the refs tried to let them play, but danville got too physical (shove ashley, elbows to varney, intentional trying to trip elisha, very physical blocks). You cannot do these things in a fairly officiated game.

To be fair, you didn't include the shove from Varney to force Taylor out, nor did you state the non touch foul that was clear on television that gave Burgess his third foul, nor did you mention to two times that Elmore got his clock cleaned when he drove the paint.

Just call it equal, not just one way. Danville came in as a 20 point dog, they will be, so the don't need to have the game changed against the way the game was officiated in the first quarter and not at least get similar calls.

It's no sour grapes, SV is much better, but they don't need help!
kywldcat01 Wrote:Indeed...AFTER Varney slapped down in front of the kid's face.

he slung an elbow before that. Def, Refs got that call right!
The King Wrote:SV has depended on the outside shot too much in this one. However, they have hit at a pretty decent rate. SV isn't a pound it in the paint type of team...

I agree...I just think they'd do well to let Hatfield and the Newsome boys use their size down low.

Danville is extremely undersized but hanging around because of the gameplan being implemented by SV. Falls back again on coaching.

Valley being outrebounded 19-17 but shooting 40% from outside.
offensive foul on Newsome
Hatfield for 2

42-28
How do they not call a foul there? Taylor gets tripped and no call
Wow...nice and one by Justice

45-28 SV after free throw
Two nice drives, one by Justice, return by Elmore
Elmore right back with and one

45-31 SV after free throw
47-31 sv
That's all SV needs to do, pound it into the paint
49-31 sv
Valley playin GREAT!
51-31 SV....nice run by the Wildcats
Varney good looking basket
Who is #40 for SV? That's a big boy.
I believe That is Dillion Tackett, Senior if im not mistaking. just comes off the bench ever now and then
dillion tacket
Wish these refs would decide if they want to let them play or if they are going to call it tight. One trip they can beat each other to death, next they cannot even breath without being called for a foul. Some bad no calls too, both ways.
^ Dillon Tackett, Sr
Taylor Newsome with off balance and one.

54-31 SV
54-33 sv
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next