Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Signing Day Coverage Free *UPDATED 2-2*
Josh Gibbs- 3* (JUCO) S

No other offers reported

Defensive Back, 5-10, 190, Jr-JC, Long Beach, Calif. (Valencia/College of the Canyons) - Displayed great playing instincts during his two seasons at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, Calif. ... Beat out a returning starter at safety during his freshman season ... Totaled 45 tackles, three interceptions, two pass breakups and one fumble recovery during the Cougars' undefeated 10-game regular season ... Returned one of the pickoffs for a touchdown ... Canyons went on to a 12-1 final record, reaching the championship game of the 2008 Southern California playoffs ... Sophomore season featured three more interceptions, along with four pass breakups and 27 tackles ... Coached by Garett Tujague (pronounced TOO-jay) ... "Josh is a great player and has an uncanny ability to get to the football," Tujague said. "He has the will to prepare and the pride to finish, which will help him succeed academically and athletically." ... Played his senior season of high-school football at Valencia HS ... Actually played as an undersized defensive end at Valencia, earning all-conference honors and helping his team advance to the state playoffs ... Coached by Larry Muir ... Was a safety and a quarterback at Redondo Beach HS before moving to Valencia ... Born in Germany, both of his parents were in the United States Army ... Brother of Darlron Spead, who played defensive back at Vanderbilt from 2006-08.

My take:
Don't know much on Gibbs to be honest.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f29GygO4aB8"]YouTube- 2010 football signee: Josh Gibbs[/ame]
I'll let you digest those for now and post more later
any more commits???
Strikeout King Wrote:any more commits???

Nope... unless something out of the blue happens that'll probably do it for today.

Don't forget that Patrick Swilling, Jr. is still available. He will probably wait a week or so before decides but that kid is a big-time player.
Dale Trimble and Ronnie Shields have sent in his LOI officially.

Trimble....Kid is a stud!

Rivals calls him one of their top 5 "Super Sleepers". Trimble was the MVP of the Alabama/Mississippi All-Star game despite sharing the defensive backfield with three Alabama committs!

He chose UK over Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss State, and Clemson.

Expect him to redshirt and then compete for a starting spot as a Fresh
Bailey and Robinson are in!
That is great getting Patterson. Louiville Central is sending us some great players.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Did this class ratings move up or are they still rated in the mid 50's?
Old School Wrote:Did this class ratings move up or are they still rated in the mid 50's?

#49... ahead of UL
Great class for the cats. Almost exactly what Joker needed to start his tenure at UK. Really bright future with a class like this coming in.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:#49... ahead of UL

UK is going to need a better recruiting class than that to consistantly compete with the SEC powers.
Aslan Wrote:UK is going to need a better recruiting class than that to consistantly compete with the SEC powers.

I have no problem agreeing with that as long as you agree that with classes like this UK WOULD be competing for a Big East title year in year out.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have no problem agreeing with that as long as you agree that with classes like this UK WOULD be competing for a Big East title year in year out.

No doubt. I wasn't taking a shot at UK, just making a statement, I'm a UL fan first, UK second. But do you think UK will ever get in the 20-35 recruiting class rank consistantly?
Aslan Wrote:No doubt. I wasn't taking a shot at UK, just making a statement, I'm a UL fan first, UK second. But do you think UK will ever get in the 20-35 recruiting class rank consistantly?

I think it will be difficult but Phillips is making a move in the right direction. Summers, Turner, and Oliver all played a major role in the way UK closed out the class and in year's past UK doesn't land Gainer, Smith, and Priester.
FWIW, UK is off to an excellent start to next year as Davis is a 4* calibur player and Miller is easily a 3*.

The staff under Brooks could flat out develop talent, but Joker was the only true SEC calibur recruiter. UK now has 3 SEC level recruiters while Thurmond, Smith, and Brinson can hold their own.
Joker is really putting a charge into the program. Brooks should look on and be proud!!
Other than not landing Smith and Thornton, I was very pleased with signing day. Looks like Joker did pretty well for his first class.

The only concern I have is with all those running backs already on the roster (Locke, Allen, Russell, George, and Tyler), and now we sign three more new ones (Gainer, Simpson, Sanders), is will they all stay? I can only assume that all 3 of the new RB's will redshirt.

Oh and good job EKU for all the updates and bio's!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Other than not landing Smith and Thornton, I was very pleased with signing day. Looks like Joker did pretty well for his first class.

The only concern I have is with all those running backs already on the roster (Locke, Allen, Russell, George, and Tyler), and now we sign three more new ones (Gainer, Simpson, Sanders), is will they all stay? I can only assume that all 3 of the new RB's will redshirt.

I know I heard that EKU had a pretty good class themselves. Great news.
More Cowbell Wrote:Other than not landing Smith and Thornton, I was very pleased with signing day. Looks like Joker did pretty well for his first class.

Dakota Tyler has already requested a move to Safety.

Locke and Allen are Seniors..it was time to recruit their replacements.

Expect Simpson to redshirt.

UK simply doesn't have a big back so Gainer fills than niche.

Sanders is the "next Locke". Expect him to be a change of pace back and used for unique looks.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Dakota Tyler has already requested a move to Safety.

Sanders is the "next Locke". Expect him to be a change of pace back and used for unique looks.

Good post. Gainer is indeed a big big. Should get a little playing time next year but dont see him getting too many touches until second year. Really great spot filling class for Joker.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Dakota Tyler has already requested a move to Safety.

I do think Sanders will be something special, but I don't think they will burn a year of his eligibility on a team already stocked with depth at the position. No need for "the next Locke" when you've still got the original on board.

I think they redshirt at least two newcomers, but we'll assume that due to Gainer's size they play him next year. That's still a depth chart of Locke, Allen, Russell, George, and Gainer. Plus CoShik Williams is still around if needed.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]