•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 61 - Knott Central 54 (OT)
catfan1 Wrote:Sounds like it was a great game, unfortunately I could not be there. Lets stop complaining about the refs, Knott fans, the game went to overtime and we had a chance. Someone had to lose and its not the end of the season. Its best they lose one or two anyway if they were to meet up with Perry in the region because it is tough to beat a good team 3 times in a row. I think Knott and Perry are the best 2 teams in the region and would love to see them play in the finals of the regional tourney! And someone tell Tate to quit lifting weights during basketball season!! Good win for Perry at home and good luck to both teams the rest of the season..

:thumpsup:
leecoukfan Wrote:Congrats to the Commodores! Looks like the better team lost tonight!

Ugh. Was you even there? This was the best entire game Knott played all year, and Tyler Mullins didn't even score a point(one of Perrys best players), and Perry still won. Perry took Knotts best shot and still come out with a win.
MVP2 Wrote:Well, tanlet wise Knott is the better team but after PCC fights back to beat KC and have won like 3 of the last 4, You'll have to admit PC is the better team at the moment. Perry suprises me everytime they dont got a lot of tanlet and depth on that team but they find ways to win and are well coached.After losing Maggard this year I didnt think they would even complete with Knott but they found a way to win.This should be one of the best 14th region tourneys we've had in a while

I agree with most this. Perry's actually won 4/5 vs Knott. Knott has the talent but there missing something thats preventing them from being a great team. Coaching/chemistry, IRDK.
Aslan Wrote:Ugh. Was you even there? This was the best entire game Knott played all year, and Tyler Mullins didn't even score a point(one of Perrys best players), and Perry still won. Perry took Knotts best shot and still come out with a win.

Exactly, Tate made some shots that he'll never make again in his life.
best game i've seen in a while.
kept me on my toes all night.
congrads to both teams, you both played extremely good.
Well every single time i get on here and check the post all i see is the knott fans complaining about the refs just get over it the game was called great both teams got bad calls and both git good calls but perry is the better team anybody with 2 big guys like cornett and salyers has the better team and advantage over a team with a bunch of little guards roberts had and still dont have answer for the big guy so leave the refs out of it and except that pcc played better and is the better team between the two :thanks:
Aslan Wrote:Well see ya there ol girl!

i'm counting down the days cat. 13 days.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Exactly, Tate made some shots that he'll never make again in his life.

I really lol'd at this, like no joke, I'm on the floor.

Tate has made tougher shots than that before. Plus he made shots like he did last night several times and he will do it again. Apparently you haven't watched Knot play much this year :dontthink

And Aslan, I will AGREE wth you that it was one of Knott's better games, but BY FAR not their best. Tate's still not back at 100% and played one of his best games so far since WYMT. Can't wait to see him back in shape, he is almost there. I think you have said on here you've only seen Knott play like 3 or 4 times, maybe less, before WYMT, so I really don't see how you can say that this was thei best game all year.

We all know the refs were terrible, unfortunately we can't do anything abt that, but it's also the TEAM'S job to play around that and still come out with a W. KCC should have left Perry with and 8 to 10 point victory, but they let them back in it at the very end. They'll get them next time.

And whoever it was said Campbell was one of the best refs in the state is crazy. He has NEVER called a decent game for Knott, ever. Even at home in Knott Co. he is terrible. I wouldn't care if he ever reffed again. maybe he has been good for Hazard and Perry, IDK, but for Knott it has been nothing but crap. I say that even though I know he DID NOT make the call on Davis, it was another ref I believe. Just from what I've seen in games he has reffed for us in the past, it has been horrible.
PATS2011 Wrote:I really lol'd at this, like no joke, I'm on the floor.

Tate has made tougher shots than that before. Plus he made shots like he did last night several times and he will do it again. Apparently you haven't watched Knot play much this year :dontthink

And Aslan, I will AGREE wth you that it was one of Knott's better games, but BY FAR not their best. Tate's still not back at 100% and played one of his best games so far since WYMT. Can't wait to see him back in shape, he is almost there. I think you have said on here you've only seen Knott play like 3 or 4 times, maybe less, before WYMT, so I really don't see how you can say that this was thei best game all year.

We all know the refs were terrible, unfortunately we can't do anything abt that, but it's also the TEAM'S job to play around that and still come out with a W. KCC should have left Perry with and 8 to 10 point victory, but they let them back in it at the very end. They'll get them next time.

And whoever it was said Campbell was one of the best refs in the state is crazy. He has NEVER called a decent game for Knott, ever. Even at home in Knott Co. he is terrible. I wouldn't care if he ever reffed again. maybe he has been good for Hazard and Perry, IDK, but for Knott it has been nothing but crap. I say that even though I know he DID NOT make the call on Davis, it was another ref I believe. Just from what I've seen in games he has reffed for us in the past, it has been horrible.

1. Tate does hit shots like that somewhat consistantly but Knott can't rely on him hitting those tough shots the entire game. That's what Perrys forced him and Stuart to do the last two years and that's why Perry's beat them.
2. It was the best game by far, that I've personally seen them play.
3. The refs were fine, enough with the excuses. Knott did lead most the game, but they didn't "let" Perry do anything, they took the best Knott could offer, and still beat them. Perry just wouldn't go away and finally made the run they was looking for the entire game in the 4th quarter. Also, Perry's worse loss this year was just 5 points, so I don't see Knott leaving PCC with a double digit win, ever.
4. Campbell is one of the better officials in the mountians.
Aslan Wrote:I agree with most this. Perry's actually won 4/5 vs Knott. Knott has the talent but there missing something thats preventing them from being a great team. Coaching/chemistry, IRDK.

I don't think chemistry is the problem. It could be TOO MUCH of one of the things you mentioned.
If the calls were so bad go get the tape and send it in to the KHSAA.
king360 Wrote:If the calls were so bad go get the tape and send it in to the KHSAA.

Don't think people haven't had the same thoughts....
PATS2011 Wrote:Don't think people haven't had the same thoughts....

LOL you've blown this out of proportion. :lmao::Thumbs:
****ing refs.
PATS2011 Wrote:Don't think people haven't had the same thoughts....

Please give it up PATS. Every time KCC loses to PCC you cry about the refs for weeks. Knott is 1 and 4 against Perry the last two years....... has it ever crossed your mind that PCC has been the better team? Is it possible for Knott to beat Perry? Of course it is.... in fact, alot of people would argue that with Knott's talent they should have beat them every game, but they didn't. The most logical explanation is that PCC has played better as a team (I know that was the case last year.) There are going to be bad calls in every game against both teams; most of the time they balance out in the end. I've been watching games longer than you've been in this world, and I've seen very few that I can truly say were decided by poor officiating, let alone every single game. So please give that a rest and move on. Who knows, KCC might beat them the next game and then beat them in the tournament if they meet..... then again they might not.

Let me ask you this..... in the past two years has Knott WON a game because of poor officiating?
House Wrote:Please give it up PATS. Every time KCC loses to PCC you cry about the refs for weeks. Knott is 1 and 4 against Perry the last two years....... has it ever crossed your mind that PCC has been the better team? Is it possible for Knott to beat Perry? Of course it is.... in fact, alot of people would argue that with Knott's talent they should have beat them every game, but they didn't. The most logical explanation is that PCC has played better as a team (I know that was the case last year.) There are going to be bad calls in every game against both teams; most of the time they balance out in the end. I've been watching games longer than you've been in this world, and I've seen very few that I can truly say were decided by poor officiating, let alone every single game. So please give that a rest and move on. Who knows, KCC might beat them the next game and then beat them in the tournament if they meet..... then again they might not.

Let me ask you this..... in the past two years has Knott WON a game because of poor officiating?

Earlier this year against Hazard in Hindman. :eyeroll:
House Wrote:Please give it up PATS. Every time KCC loses to PCC you cry about the refs for weeks. Knott is 1 and 4 against Perry the last two years....... has it ever crossed your mind that PCC has been the better team? Is it possible for Knott to beat Perry? Of course it is.... in fact, alot of people would argue that with Knott's talent they should have beat them every game, but they didn't. The most logical explanation is that PCC has played better as a team (I know that was the case last year.) There are going to be bad calls in every game against both teams; most of the time they balance out in the end. I've been watching games longer than you've been in this world, and I've seen very few that I can truly say were decided by poor officiating, let alone every single game. So please give that a rest and move on. Who knows, KCC might beat them the next game and then beat them in the tournament if they meet..... then again they might not.

Great post friend. :Thumbs:

Really good post. Exactly what i was about to say. We played better tonite. And it's really hard to win at PCC. Just like its really hard to win at KCC. We'll see who the better team come Region so until then just quit whining. :please:
Not long ago, People was saying the same thing the KCC fans are crying about now, They was the ones saying the ref's cheat for Knott at Knott because they know where they are at...Thats pretty cool ganggstaas...Now when KCC fans say it, It's a big deal...3/4 the people that follow sports is going to say they're team got cheated because of the ref's..Thats just part of being a fan...It takes just as much of an idiot to argue back with someone complaining about the refs..IMO
Overrated Wrote:Not long ago, People was saying the same thing the KCC fans are crying about now, They was the ones saying the ref's cheat for Knott at Knott because they know where they are at...Thats pretty cool ganggstaas...Now when KCC fans say it, It's a big deal...3/4 the people that follow sports is going to say they're team got cheated because of the ref's..Thats just part of being a fan...It takes just as much of an idiot to argue back with someone complaining about the refs..IMO

In the Valley/kcc game the refs did know and they did help knott, they shouldnt have been between within 10 points.
Legendary Wrote:In the Valley/kcc game the refs did know and they did help knott, they shouldnt have been between within 10 points.

i was at this game and you are exactly right
Legendary Wrote:In the Valley/kcc game the refs did know and they did help knott, they shouldnt have been between within 10 points.

The Celtics couldn't play close to Valley..Of course the ref's cheated for KCC..
Thats another topic for another thread, as for this game, Perry won a hard fought battle and the officiating was fine :thumpsup:
Overrated Wrote:The Celtics couldn't play close to Valley..Of course the ref's cheated for KCC..

What about team USA, could they
NYY10 Wrote:What about team USA, could they

Ill tweet around and see if I can come up with an answer. :biggrin:
like aslan said another thread not this one :rockon:

First of all I'm rarely the one to complain abt the refs, this is the FIRST time I have wholeheartedly believed that Knott was cheated out of a W. The others where officiating was or was not bad IDK KCC should have played around it, but KCC should have came out with the W in this one. They ALSO should have played better in the end. If they had kept it up they would have came out of PCC with a 10 pt win.

AND to your last comment, if they had won a game because of poor officiating I wouldn't know bc the winning team never seems to notice, ask the PCC fans they are prime examples of this atm. If Knott had won a game like this the majority of us would be saying they won fairly as well. It is just the way fans are.

Don't think for a minute that had the roles been reversed and this had been AT Knott, they would be raising Lord knows what on here. And you KNOW IT.
PATS2011 Wrote:First of all I'm rarely the one to complain abt the refs, this is the FIRST time I have wholeheartedly believed that Knott was cheated out of a W. The others where officiating was or was not bad IDK KCC should have played around it, but KCC should have came out with the W in this one. They ALSO should have played better in the end. If they had kept it up they would have came out of PCC with a 10 pt win.

AND to your last comment, if they had won a game because of poor officiating I wouldn't know bc the winning team never seems to notice, ask the PCC fans they are prime examples.

Don't think for a minute that had the roles been reversed and this had been AT Knott, they would be raising Lord knows what on here. And you KNOW IT.

Nah, you complained about the officiating everytime Perry beat Knott last year(which was 3/4 times). Would of, could of, should of, Knott didn't. They gave Perry there best shot and still come up short, end of story. You knew Perry was going to make a run in the end, only a fool would believe other wise, the team is way to persistant to give in to a team they know they can beat. A double digit win? LOL, please.
And no, we wouldn't complain about the refs, we don't make excuses like you. If Knott beats Perry next time they play, I'll say congrats Knott and won't say a word about the officials.:thumpsup:
But for the mean time, stop making excuses, ****.
Aslan Wrote:Nah, you complained about the officiating everytime Perry beat Knott last year(which was 3/4 times). Would of, could of, should of, Knott didn't. They gave Perry there best shot and still come up short, end of story. You knew Perry was going to make a run in the end, only a fool would believe other wise, the team is way to persistant to give in to a team they know they can beat. A double digit win? LOL, please.
And no, we wouldn't complain about the refs, we don't make excuses like you. If Knott beats Perry next time they play, I'll say congrats Knott and won't say a word about the officials.:thumpsup:
But for the mean time, stop making excuses, ****.

Find me three threads where I said the refs were the reason Knott lost. I may have said if Knott had did this or that, but that has NOTHING to do with the refs. No one knew Perry would make a run, thats why we play the games.

And just the other day you said the "refs know where they are at in Knott Co." so don't give me that crap that you wouldn't complain. You do it all the time.
PATS2011 Wrote:Find me three threads where I said the refs were the reason Knott lost. I may have said if Knott had did this or that, but that has NOTHING to do with the refs. No one knew Perry would make a run, thats why we play the games.

And just the other day you said the "refs know where they are at in Knott Co." so don't give me that crap that you wouldn't complain. You do it all the time.

That game didn't concern Perry. It was the Valley/Knott game, in which I was an unbiased fan.
And oh I'm sure I can find them, but I'm too lazy to look. Maybe someone else would do the honor? Big Grin
I don't compain about the refs during Perry games, if they lose, they lose.
If your going to keep making excuses, make a new thread about how Knott can't beat Perry because of the officials or something, ok?
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next