•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 61 - Knott Central 54 (OT)
High Sheriff Wrote:If you say so!

OK!
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Like you wouldn't have been on here posting the same thing if Perry lost???

Uh, no.
worker1 Wrote:From what I understand, PCC was denying Cox and Stamper and Davis ended up being the guy that took the shot. I would be willing to bet that there are teams all over the mountains that wouldn't mind having a Zack Davis to take their last shot.

IMO this is the correct answer.
First off, You can't push a defender like Davis did to Amis. The foul called on Korey when he caught the inbound pass was trash. I was right in front of Korey when he caught the pass. He was the one who got fouled. Walks and fouls not called on Tyler when he blocked those lay-ups were pretty trash too. In the end it was a evenly called game with bad calls on both sides of the ball.

These two teams are 2 of the 3 best in the Mountains IMO. Stuart and Tate impressed me last night. As did Chris and Dillon. Dillion had the game of his life. We'll get our dosage when we play you guys in Hindman. Congrats to both teams. Very hard fought game.
PATS2011 Wrote:You must be forgetting that he MADE the shot. That is his second buzzer beater game winning shot of the season. Well it would have been, thank you chef stripes for that batch of home cookin'.

Oh God, he made the shot after throwing the defender off him. Get over it, it was a great call.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Surely you wouldn't think the most honest referee in the 14th region for the last 25+years would do anything but call it right down the middle do you? Dexter Campbell has been on big game after big game for his whole career and has never strayed to either side, that is why he has been their year after year. So if he called a charge for pushing off at the end of a ball game, then I'm sure that is what he seen, and if it was in front of him at the beginning of the game he would of called it then too. And I'm sure he will be their again in Feb, but with different partners I'm sure, since it will be at Knott this time. :igiveup:

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
TheMasterpiece Wrote:My take on the game and comments: PATS 2011-needs to quit winning about the officials. Calls are going to go both ways, thats just the ways it is. Perry is not as good as last year and Knott should be better but they're not. Stamper or Cox should be taking the last shot not Davis. Fraley got outcoached, bottom line. He's got too many people in his ear and not listening to what he thinks right. DAvis knows nothing and Cook knows less than that. They're in trouble.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, espcially the bolded.
I find it funny that sometime before the game, PATS2011, told me not to complain about the officiating. Now that Knott has lost to Perry AGAIN, he's the one using that as an excuse as to why KCC lost. When you make up excuses like that, it jus looks bad on you, and your school.
Losers make excuses, winners make it happen!
listen, Knott lost, Perry won. grow up guys and get over it. The season isn't over. its 1 loss. good god.
PATS2011 Wrote:He wasn't playing legit set defense, he was running WITH Zach, he only got in front when he got to take the shot. If you say it was pushing off IDK, but it was def not a charge. Pushing off could have been called the whole game on both sides. It is a call that has become virtually non-existent in the 14th. So if your saying that they chose to call it at the least second shot that would have won Knott the game, it also furthers and agrees with my point that it was bogus.

Let me tell you I watch KCC against Breathitt and last night against PCC and the next game you watch see if Davis and Stamper don't walk 90% of the time when they start to dribble and let's be honest about this. Know way do I think that KCC will shoot the ball against PCC again the way they did. PCC took their best shot and still won with Tyler not scoring a pt. what happens when he brings his game.
PATS2011 Wrote:Self control is part of the game and intense situations, obviously of which, he doesn't have. Let Amis fight his own battles.

Hey you are mad because KCC couldn't stop Big Dillion and he should be helping his PG in this matter. And Stamper dosen't want no part of this big guy.
Aslan Wrote:He's around 6'6" or 7. Yeah, I'd love to see that batltle. Two best big men in the region imo. Ah, I'd rather see them play first game, makes distirct a lot more meaningful and exciting.

Hey Buddy I think the big guy is more like 6'8 him and Bentley are about the same size, look at them the next time they stand beside each other but no matter he's a biggen.
PATS2011 Wrote:Lol your one to complain abt the refs and you won. KCC had you beat and you know without that ref saving your butt they would have. Get out of Perry Co. and you will find out on the 12th.

What excuse will it be if PCC wins on the 12th. Da lets see KCC got out coach well this will happen anyway.
heaven44 Wrote:Let me tell you I watch KCC against Breathitt and last night against PCC and the next game you watch see if Davis and Stamper don't walk 90% of the time when they start to dribble and let's be honest about this. Know way do I think that KCC will shoot the ball against PCC again the way they did. PCC took their best shot and still won with Tyler not scoring a pt. what happens when he brings his game.

Great point.
heaven44 Wrote:Hey Buddy I think the big guy is more like 6'8 him and Bentley are about the same size, look at them the next time they stand beside each other but no matter he's a biggen.

My bad. However tall he is, he was a force in the paint.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:My take on the game and comments: PATS 2011-needs to quit winning about the officials. Calls are going to go both ways, thats just the ways it is. Perry is not as good as last year and Knott should be better but they're not. Stamper or Cox should be taking the last shot not Davis. Fraley got outcoached, bottom line. He's got too many people in his ear and not listening to what he thinks right. DAvis knows nothing and Cook knows less than that. They're in trouble.

I gotta agree here. This player took the same shot against Hazard at Knott last year. SAME STORY - Knott lost. There were too many other players - open for Fraley not to go to the more experienced guys. Good luck Pats against Perry at your place. Hate to tell you but the officiating was pretty consistent. Knott beat themselves last night.
Benchwarmer Wrote:You are correct.

I was there. Tate and Stewart were open. Mike Slone was open who hit TWO BIG 3 pointers in the game. I am not knocking the player. JUst wondering why a more seasoned player wasn't dished the ball. This was athe game deciding play! I hope this is the game plan against Hazard in a few days. Big AL will dominate KNOTT.
Sounds like it was a great game, unfortunately I could not be there. Lets stop complaining about the refs, Knott fans, the game went to overtime and we had a chance. Someone had to lose and its not the end of the season. Its best they lose one or two anyway if they were to meet up with Perry in the region because it is tough to beat a good team 3 times in a row. I think Knott and Perry are the best 2 teams in the region and would love to see them play in the finals of the regional tourney! And someone tell Tate to quit lifting weights during basketball season!! Good win for Perry at home and good luck to both teams the rest of the season..
Photos of the boys game (gallery also includes PCC vs Leslie girls) ...
[Image: http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...r2RQ-M.jpg]
http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...and-Girls/
I think If Perry can win againts the Pats at KCC or even stay with 5-7 point range then they could end going to State. Both are great teams, no doubt..

Where will the Region be played at this year?
NYY10 Wrote:I think If Perry can win againts the Pats at KCC or even stay with 5-7 point range then they could end going to State. Both are great teams, no doubt..

Where will the Region be played at this year?

I think Breathitt
who is gonna get it down the floor. lol lol
after watching the 5 seconds call on film, it was called after 3.5 seconds. knott shouldnt have even had the ball so stop complaining about the push off davis did committ. they got lucky to a have chance to win at the end of regulation.
Congrats to the Dores. I think a great 14th tourney is in the making.
Congrats to the Commodores! Looks like the better team lost tonight!
leecoukfan Wrote:Congrats to the Commodores! Looks like the better team lost tonight!

Well, talent wise Knott is the better team but after PCC fights back to beat KC and have won like 3 of the last 4, You'll have to admit PC is the better team at the moment. Perry suprises me everytime they dont got a lot of talent and depth on that team but they find ways to win and are well coached.After losing Maggard this year I didnt think they would even complete with Knott but they found a way to win.This should be one of the best 14th region tourneys we've had in a while
Dawggie Wrote:I was there. Tate and Stewart were open. Mike Slone was open who hit TWO BIG 3 pointers in the game. I am not knocking the player. JUst wondering why a more seasoned player wasn't dished the ball. This was athe game deciding play! I hope this is the game plan against Hazard in a few days. Big AL will dominate KNOTT.

I was too? How many seconds were on the clock when KCC got the ball?
Benchwarmer Wrote:I was too? How many seconds were on the clock when KCC got the ball?

king360 Wrote:4.8

So KCC hand 4.8 second to get the ball down the length of the court and pass it to Tate, Stew, or Slone that was wide open like Dawggie said? get real Dawggie. With 4.8 seconds on the clock the person with the ball shoots it.
worst called game I ever seen, referees you should be ashamed, quit your jobs, burn your stripes and slap yourselves the face! you was terrible all night! the refs pick who wins games in the mountains not the players.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next