Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Sprinter In The Mountains..
Southwesterns Ryan Pruett in the 200m, and Johnson Central's Ron Blume....these two are big rivals in the Reion Championships.....this year it could go either way...in both events...Pruett is running a high 22 now, we will see what blume has to put out this year...
Blume is an outstanding athlete. He works hard and is very dedicated to his sports. I think he is one of the best 100m and 200m sprinters in the mountians. I predict he will be running his best time this year and become the region champion.
Elizabeth Mosely from AC is faster than most boys.
Frosh Anthony Mitchell for the 400...as an 8th grader having a 53 split time... cant wait till track!
Shelby Valley's Sally Roberts and Johnson Central's Tiffany Lemaster are pretty good. I watched them run against Mosley last year at Pikeville.
"m00se" Wrote:Blume is an outstanding athlete. He works hard and is very dedicated to his sports. I think he is one of the best 100m and 200m sprinters in the mountians. I predict he will be running his best time this year and become the region champion.

ahh pruett let blume get ahead of him last year in the region championship, it was pruetts race and pruett had the fast time...i look for pruett to take all the competition this track season, and send a message to blume to stick to the football field and stay off the track....
Umm....i think your wrong about that. Blume is just as good on the track as he is on the football field, if not better. He is VERY determined to be the best this year and i think he will be. Im not saying that pruett is not a good determined athlete but i do believe that blume will have a better time this year. I look for regionals to be very exciting. Good luck to both runners.
Mosley is one of the best in Eastern Kentucky. She works hard to be the best, and she won't stop until she is. She finished 4th, if I'm not mistaken, last year at the State Track Meet. She is the main reason track and field are "back" at Allen Central.
Im gonna go with J.R. Newsome from South Floyd next year
"southwesternwarrior" Wrote:ahh pruett let blume get ahead of him last year in the region championship, it was pruetts race and pruett had the fast time...i look for pruett to take all the competition this track season, and send a message to blume to stick to the football field and stay off the track....

:BigLaugh: :please:
After all the back and forth--I can't wait to see the Blume/Pruett battle this year.

It should definitely be interesting. Who owns this series? (and what is the record).
Blume... he won last year in the final 10m because he wanted it more.... if its the same way it was last year it will be a race of heart more then anything
"Im_a_wuh_wuh_waterboy_DUR" Wrote:Blume... he won last year in the final 10m because he wanted it more.... if its the same way it was last year it will be a race of heart more then anything

I hear what ur saying #81...i remember that race, i see it in my eyes all the time, i see that black jersey taking the gold from pruett...
"JCRunningMachine#17" Wrote::BigLaugh: :please:

we will see real soon wont we....
Elizabeth Mosley from AC will be tie best by far! she is back and healthy this year, and i think she will be a force to be reconed with
"M.V.P." Wrote:Elizabeth Mosley from AC will be tie best by far! she is back and healthy this year, and i think she will be a force to be reconed with

That's great! I looked at the state track meet results on www.khsaa.org and there isn't too many girls from this area represented at the state level . Lawrence county had good results at the state meet in AA Their sprinters are some of the best around. Six girls finished with a 5th place team finish at state. Their 4x200 relay team has been state champs the last 2 years. Hopefully girls track in this area will start picking up.
Sally Roberts got 4th place in 400 meter dash in state last year
Elizabeth Mosley placed top 4 in the 100 and 200 and there is alot of room for improvement. but i think she will fill that in this year. she seemed like she was just there to have fun alot last year, alot of times she seemed like winning didnt matter to her, but now after running on the "big track" i think she was blown to reality. i think she will have a edge this year. As for Sally Roberts she is young she can only get better. and she seems like she is really serous about it
id did forget about jchs...definately the one girl who runs the 200 meter dash..i just cant think of her name...great runner!!.also Perkins frm i think Valley........she is also a great triple jumper i hear as well
I think her name was Tiffany Lemaster.
it dosent matter who wins between them chase huffman beat blume everytime he ran last year, chase is the fastest 100m runner in the mountains.
"jackson5" Wrote:it dosent matter who wins between them chase huffman beat blume everytime he ran last year, chase is the fastest 100m runner in the mountains.

Uh, lol, no he didn't. :Hammer3:
"jackson5" Wrote:it dosent matter who wins between them chase huffman beat blume everytime he ran last year, chase is the fastest 100m runner in the mountains.

Umm I was almost every track meet at Pikeville last year, and didn't see huffman win a 100m race. Brandon *****s of Prestonsburg, Ron Blume of JC, and even Huffman's own teammate Pafunda all beat him.
i think Huffman will be good this year, but i also think Tim Champlin will be strong in the 200 dash
ELMO Mosley from ACHS can beat most boys
Didn't Brandon beat Blume last year? I thought he finished second behind Jones in the 100m.
Brandon beat me last year at P-Burg and then at Pikeville I finished 2nd behind Jones. Is Brandon going to be able to run this year?
The 100m dash could be a different story this year. Paintsville's Hunter Preston is running and i don't know how fast he runs the 100 but, his 40 times are really good.
"Warrior" Wrote:The 100m dash could be a different story this year. Paintsville's Hunter Preston is running and i don't know how fast he runs the 100 but, his 40 times are really good.

40 yards is a lot different than 100 meters.
But--why don't you fill us in on his 40 time. That will give us a little more to talk about.
i will be there supporting ron....and hoping i will be running in the 400 meter dash in region