Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Hasn't???
Why hasnt more athletes donated to Haiti?

People like Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwayne Wade, The multi million dollar players not even showing the slightest emotion over it,

Lebron wants to have a dunk off? Way to boost your fans i guess...
Wade, Bryant, Others..... ????

$100,000 donation from Dalembert, who will also match donations made by fans this evening.

A total of 47 NBA players with the sports agency are donating money, and eight of them are paying through a per-point system during tonight's games.

1000$ For every point scored...
I'm sure a lot of these guys have made private donations.

Plus, Lebron give Coach Calipari tix to a Cavs playoff game for the "Hoops for Haiti" telethon.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sure a lot of these guys have made private donations.

Plus, Lebron give Coach Calipari tix to a Cavs playoff game for the "Hoops for Haiti" telethon.

No Superstar makes a private donation
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No Superstar makes a private donation
Actually there are. Shaq has done many things, mostly for kids, that never go reported in the news. Some of the stars really are good people.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No Superstar makes a private donation
why not?
Amun-Ra Wrote:Actually there are. Shaq has done many things, mostly for kids, that never go reported in the news. Some of the stars really are good people.

Could u show me a few?

nky Wrote:why not?

Because most of them are ego improving dicks who want to sound like a saint to the press to sell more products.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the bible supports doing good deeds while not being seen by others. For those who do good deeds without being seen by others, :thanks:.

About the question whether they do or not, we may never know.
[quote=Wildcatk23]Could u show me a few?

QUOTE]
One example is when he went to a toy store in LA and bought two semi truck loads worht of toys for children. Only reason it was in the news is because the store owner called the news station.

Another was more recent. I cant remember what the situation was but Shaq paid out his pocket for some girl to have an operation. The girl's mother reported it saying everyone should know what kind of guy Shaq is.

So like I was saying not every athlete is self centered and doesnt cre about people. To think that is misinformed.
Why should it be our business if they donated? I agree completely that I am possitive that more athletes have made more contributions.

This is why I had issue with the public announcement that Tiger made such a large donation. He donates millions of dollars a year, and we NEVER hear about it, but now all of sudden we get to know he donated. If he was so private before, why announce it now. It was for the publicity. But his previous non-diclosure was the norm for him, and is the norm for most all other athletes.
Amun-Ra Wrote:[quote=Wildcatk23]Could u show me a few?

QUOTE]
One example is when he went to a toy store in LA and bought two semi truck loads worht of toys for children. Only reason it was in the news is because the store owner called the news station.

Another was more recent. I cant remember what the situation was but Shaq paid out his pocket for some girl to have an operation. The girl's mother reported it saying everyone should know what kind of guy Shaq is.

So like I was saying not every athlete is self centered and doesnt cre about people. To think that is misinformed.

Thats Shaq, Also just heard that Paul and Lebron raised some money,.
Stardust Wrote:Why should it be our business if they donated? I agree completely that I am possitive that more athletes have made more contributions.

This is why I had issue with the public announcement that Tiger made such a large donation. He donates millions of dollars a year, and we NEVER hear about it, but now all of sudden we get to know he donated. If he was so private before, why announce it now. It was for the publicity. But his previous non-diclosure was the norm for him, and is the norm for most all other athletes.

Tiger made an public Statement? i thought some dude put it on twitter...
Wildcatk23 Wrote:[quote=Amun-Ra]

Thats Shaq, Also just heard that Paul and Lebron raised some money,.
Oh I thought you ment show me things Shaq had done. I know LeBron has done things for kids and schools in the Cleveland/akron area of Ohio.