Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7th Grade State Tournament Feb. 5-7
Who will be there? Who are the favorites?

Contenders I have seen are Wayne Co., Southern (Southwestern Pulaski), Knox Central, Clay Co., and South Laurel. Teams I have heard about are undefeated Ockerman from Northern Ky, Holmes form Northern Ky, undefeated Hopkinsville, Monroe Co., and Vergie.
One I forgot to add but should be a contender would be Johnson Central, especially if the three 7th graders who have only been playing 8th grade play with the 7th grade team.
Teams that have committed to the KBA 7th grade state tournament on Feb. 5-7 to this date have been posted to the website playkba.com. Others will be posted as they come in. If your team is not on the list, you only have a few more days before the brackets are made. Coaches send in the form if your team is planning on playing. Don't get left out.
I don't know if all of these teams will be there, but Betsy Layne, Johnson Central and Virgie have some very talented B teams. Lexington Cat. might though be the best I have seen, these four schools could easily be the final four in a state wide B team tournament.
bball_fan Wrote:I don't know if all of these teams will be there, but Betsy Layne, Johnson Central and Virgie have some very talented B teams. Lexington Cat. might though be the best I have seen, these four schools could easily be the final four in a state wide B team tournament.

Lex Cath is not a middle school so they will not be in this tourney.
Thought they was, there A team played in a tournament at Betsy Layne earlier this year and there B team won the BCI state tournament while we was there playing the A team tournament. Wore the school name and colors.
bball_fan Wrote:Thought they was, there A team played in a tournament at Betsy Layne earlier this year and there B team won the BCI state tournament while we was there playing the A team tournament. Wore the school name and colors.
They play under the name Lexington Catholic but there is not a Lexington Cathiloc Middle school. The kids that play are from 3-4 catholic schools around Lexington that will be going to high school at Lex Catholic. If they were allowed to play they would probably be the favorite in the 7th grade state.
knox central is good
58< 32 Wrote:knox central is good
One of the top teams in the seventh grade. Good enough to win state.
belfry 7th graders are pretty good they had some good wins this year , they have had a few close loses too. it all depends on what team shows up. but thats why I love basketball evryone has a chance.
I predict a final 4 of Southern, Clay, South Laurel, and Johnson County per the brackets.
For anyone wanting to look at the matchups, here they are:

http://www.playkba.com/Documents/2010%20...0Games.pdf
Does anyone know anything about estil counties 7th grade team if they are any good or not.
southernky Wrote:I predict a final 4 of Southern, Clay, South Laurel, and Johnson County per the brackets.

Has a nice Eastern Kentucky ring to it.
:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerleadvirgie will be at the tournament,and they are avery good seventh grad team.all 5 starters start on the a team or play alot of minutes.now i don't know the deal with lex.catholic but the played in a KBA tournament a few weeks ago and wasn't very impressave.i also have seen johnson central play a few times,very good.hazard also very tough.i don't know alot about the teams down state lex,louisville,or in north kentucky.but i do know that they are alot of talent hear in eastern kentucky.and hopefully will go down and show the city schools we've got down here in the mountains.good luck to all teams.but want to see the VIRGIE EAGLES WIN IT ALL.GO EAGLES
Does anyone know anything about Morton from Lexington?
What type of players do they have?
what about Whitley or Betsy Lane?
Wayne is good, very good.
Well going by what everybody is saying about Clay County possibly being one of the final teams left, we have a good chance. we had Clay County down by 19 points and the kid that is supposed to be a freshman for them number 11 was getting the calls from the refs, they came back and won by three points but we have gotten a lot stronger now hope we do as well as i think we can. Goodluck Clay County hope we meet ya again.
AB Combs has a very good 7th grade team. Dont underestimate these guys.
Hazard has played Lex Cath at the kba state tourney in years past. They let teams play whose players are not necessarily from the same school. One of theLex Cath mothers even commented she was surprised our players were all from the same school.
I know for a fact that Lex Cath has not been played in the KBA state tournament the past 3 years.
Good luck Betsy Layne BOBCATS.
betsy layne has a very good team,i really don't no about the 7th grade team.but i do know there best player dillion hamilton is an 8th grader.
Good luck to all teams in this tournament. But hope are team the virgie eagles win it all. Go eagles!!!!!!!have a good time down there and play hard and play your best you will come out of there winners,even if you don't win it all.you will still be winners.
There are 4 15th region teams in. Johnson Central, Virgie, Betsy Layne and Johns Creek. First let me say good luck to these teams. I am not making any predictions so please don't read my post that way. If these teams win then Virgie and Betsy Layne would play at 7:30 on Saturday. Just thought that would be an interesting game. Don't know much about Whitley or Northern on Friday night. Virgie would have to get past Clay Co. which should be a very good game. Like I said, I am not predicting this outcome but this would be interesting for the people from the 15th. Wayne Co. won the 6th grade last year and South Laurel was runner-up. The other 2 in final four were Lincoln Co. and JCTMS.
I heard that alot of eastern kentucky teams didn't show tonight. They were really upset, going to be a deposit next year. Too easy to walk if you don't like your draw and don't think you can compete.
southernky Wrote:I heard that alot of eastern kentucky teams didn't show tonight. They were really upset, going to be a deposit next year. Too easy to walk if you don't like your draw and don't think you can compete.

Do you know who didn't show from Eastern Ky? I'm pretty sure Virgie went. I know that Johnson Central, Betsy Layne, and Hazard were supposed to be there as well as Johns Creek.
By far the best of these three teams is Vergie maybe have a shot at winning it all from what i seen. didn't see much of Betsy Layne but seen enough of Johnsd creeK to say they will not be a contender the big kid that is supposed to be a 7th grader just looked to sloppy. Over the back wouldn't go for any passes that wasn't right in his hands don't know how the game with Bowling Green finished but when i left Johns Creek wass down by 7 or 9 points. Good Luck to all the teams that is in the tournament hopwe they all do well.