Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will Mr football be next year???
What are the chance of a player from eky getting it???
Just one from eastern Kentucky would be Daniel Pughe.
The chances of an EKY player getting it aren't very good.
The chances in EKY are never very good.

Daniel Pugh is good/great player on a small level. Being in 1A will hurt him a ton, IMO he won't be in with the finalists

EKY will have 2 great running backs, if Matt Maynard is an under classman (is he?) The other will be Russell's Kasey Clark. After the performance he had in the state championship game he will get much more recognition from across the state and more people will focus on him bringing his stock up immensely.

I don't believe either of these will be finalists either. sadly.

I'll be the first to admit I don't have a great deal of knowledge from across the state, but there is an all-state second team RB returning to St. X in the form of Victor Anderson. I would think be would be atleast a finalist next season with how much exposure St. X gets in combination with playing arguably the most difficult schedule in the state.

In the 11 games he was listed as playing in last season from the KHSAA scoreboard, here are his stats as a junior:

151 carries
1286 yards
8.52 yards per carry
22 rushing TDs
23 touchdowns Total

Not the greatest stats, but considering the competition St. X faced this season, very impressive.

Bowling Green (3A state runner up)
Lexington Catholic (3A state champs)
Fern Creek
Highlands (3A powerhouse)
Trinity x2 (4A state champs)
DuPont Manual x2 (very good 4A team)
Pleasure Ridge Park
Iroquois
Male (4A powerhouse)
Butler
Central Hardin
John Hardin (very good 4A team last season, argubly 3rd best)
Warren Central (4A state semifinalist)
i think it may be too early to tell because a player may be descent his junior year then be horrible their senior year.
Case in point ME
Jordan Walters...SWHS.... enough said
The 2 frontrunners IMO
Doug Beaumont-Louisville Male
Vic Anderson-Louisville St. Xavier

The RB from Hoptown and the RB from Russell are 2 that have a chance.
Slim to none...If David Jones couldnt get it I dont see there being a mr.football from eky in a long time...David was one of the most athletic players to ever come through eky and ever will come through eky
EKY doesn't get much respect in the Mr. Football voting. Juan Thomas from Ashland is one that comes to mind, that was a great football player. Played great on the big stage in the state championship game, and still no love. Same with David Jones from Belfry.
I agree rayray