Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY Elite Kings Player Search
Does anyone happen to know anything about Richie Farmer's son? I heard he had a good performance at the KBA state. I only got to see him play Fri. night, but he did not get to play that much do to the score.

I also want to congratulate members of our team Riley Hall, Kel Lundy, Chance Melton, and Braxton Beverly on their performances this weekend at the KBA state tournament. I am very proud of all of these boys and honored even more to have them part of our program. Great job boys.
i watched him today had a very good day he is great inside runs the floor good and good shot blocker he would be a good one for you. nice player.
I have seen and talked to this boy Andrew Tackett, He's about 5'9" and can run a ball like I've not seen in along time.His skills are amazing and he focuses on nothing but the game. When talking to this young man you can tell he has the heart and passion to be something in the future. Whoever taught this kid has made sure he understands there's no I in team and that if you want something bad enough you gotta go for it full force no matter what and I can say they've raised a well rounded young man.
When he plays you can tell his heart is there with the fastbreaks and the way he runs the ball up the floor. His defenseive side is no joke either he knows the limits and also his skills know no limits. He can play any position you put him in, and the way this kid handles the sport. His shots are so nice and smooth and he can put it in the basket anytime. His passes, Its like hes playin like a grown man and size wise as well.
Andrew can score 20+ a game and his dribbling abilities are a breathe of fresh air. Andrew is very very mature beyond his years when talking to him, Andrew talked about nothing but Basketball and how thats all he wants One thing he said to me which stood out was and quote, " I have so much love for this game when I'm on the floor its not just me it's my team and I want to put what I know with what they know so that together we can all play as one it's not about how you look playin the game, it's about the heart you put in the game" unquote. He's a 6th grader, but I'm telling you Andrew Tackett is a breathe of fresh air on a basketball court.

I don't know excatly what kind of kids your looking for, but in my experience I would definently look at this young man. Trust me I didn't believe what I was told about him until I seen it for myself. You will be amazed.
what about Jalen Olinger 7th grade Big Grin.
how tall is this jalen boy and is he a grade exception
I think wesley has a 2nd year 8th grader I seen him get recognized as an 8th grader last year at Mountain Christian. Maybe im wrong but i dont think so.
Has anyone seen Collin Howell from Elliot County? Know how I might get in touch with him? Thanks.
Kimper Fan Wrote:I think wesley has a 2nd year 8th grader I seen him get recognized as an 8th grader last year at Mountain Christian. Maybe im wrong but i dont think so.

I believe your talking about Matthew Ison, if so, he has recently transferred to Paintsville from Wesley.
Jalen Olinger is 6 foot. and turned 14 may 1st.
I think you have to add Zack Laton (Allen) as a 7th grader the only thing he has to work is his long range jumper his 5'7 he can play any position
magoffin county has a big kid in 6 grade that can really play ,in side or out i think he played at salyersville grade school. I seen him playing in high school jv game had 12 or 14 points I think his name was russell, is a good size kid about 6'1 could be agood player.
Dang looks like all the basketball players live in eastern kentucky! You might want to look in south central kentucky i coach middle school basketball and see plenty of exellent players such as the Miller kid at casey county also the smith kid out of casey those two hard to handle. the croomer kid out southwestern a great player gover for northern middle. The melton kid out of adair county. Couple kids for king middle in mercer county dont know there names. Just to name a few seems like all the post on this site is from the mountain area. im sure good talent there but kentucky has talent all across this state.
Saw Paintsville's 6th grade play a couple of times. They have three really good players in Morris, Phelps and Vance. Not bigs, but can play the game.
Marsee from Knox is good 7th grader. About 6'3-6'4. Good feet and good passer. Excellent from the Ft stripe
RichBrooks Wrote:Marsee from Knox is good 7th grader. About 6'3-6'4. Good feet and good passer. Excellent from the Ft stripe

Is related to Bradley. He was a nice player. Should be a senior this year I believe.
there are some good players in the mountains this year
Theres A kid that played for north laurel 7th grade this year that was their point guard for them and this kid is the player that any team would need to handle the ball, I've seen him score as many as 40 in a game and have 12 assits which his game is around 12 points and 12 assits per game this kid is a player, Which now has become a Corbin Red Hound in which he play for them in the upcoming year 2011 with some other good players this kids name is brentley perry and basketball is his game for sure watch out for the redhounds in 2011.....
Braxton Blair 8th 5'10.
Best Handles I've seen, breaks presses on his own.
PG, can jump freakishly high.
Excellent shooter.
Great work ethic and kid.
Had 32 against a GOOD beuamont team in KBA 8th grade state tournament.

BTW-This kid plays highschool VARSITY
[COLOR="Blue"]Would Braxton be interested in playing for East Ky Elite? Couple kids fom BL, couple from Sw Pulaski and couple from Virgie.

Coach Howard[/COLOR]
I'm sure he would the kid loves basketball. I'll try to contact his dad and see. Thanks.
[COLOR="Blue"]We would like to have him but, if ky elite has opening for him they where first in line.

Thanks, Coach Howard[/COLOR]
Send a pm for Braxtons contact information. He is currently not on any team, and would be more then happy to participate.
My sons team played in Marion county tournament this past weekend we played a team from Casey County they have a guard Miller kid someone told me his dad is the coach, he is the real deal. He is 6th grader and we couldnt stop him excellant ball handler very fast with the ball he beat our press by himself. Can get to the rim with ease and finishes. Great passer makes others on team better. Also shot the three well. Great defender if anyone needs a player at that age check him out. They won the championship i stayed and watched them play Anderson county and he dominated.
scbmike1 Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]Would Braxton be interested in playing for East Ky Elite? Couple kids fom BL, couple from Sw Pulaski and couple from Virgie.

Coach Howard[/COLOR]

Who are the couple from Sw Pulaski and couple from Virgie?
William Fields,a sixth grade big from Clay Co. Great bball player.
We have Trevor Sams from Clay County and he is an excellent player. Our roster is full with 10 players at the moment but if anyone decides to leave the team we will add other players to the 6th grade Ky Elite.