Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 67 Allen Central 62 Final
"Fanatic of the 15th" Wrote:good win for p-burg...how did josh martin for AC do, or did he play tonight

Martin played here and there. I think he had 4 points.
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:Jackie Day tried to get the boys to play conservative early on in the third quarter, which is a questionable call, had he not told them to relax this game would have never been close.

:lmao: You honestly believe that? That the game would've never been close? Do you "honestly" believe the Prestonsburg could continue to shoot the ball as well as they did the first half the entire game? :BigLaugh:
The only thing that happened in this game is that Prestonsburg got up by so much and lost all of their intensity. If they put two halves together like they played the first half, they will be unstoppable in the 15th region.
Josh played and that is with a chipped bone in his ankle, gusty effort and hope it gets better soon.
"jammin jamey" Wrote::lmao: You honestly believe that? That the game would've never been close? Do you "honestly" believe the Prestonsburg could continue to shoot the ball as well as they did the first half the entire game? :BigLaugh:
Did you honestly believe that a team like Allen Central would beat Prestonsburg? :BigLaugh: Cuz if you did.............. Confusederved:
This was great game. I was riught there on the sideline and both teams fought their heart out. I knew AC was good and wouldnt stay down but now you all know that the BEST TEAM won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WAY TO GO CATS
the blackcats owned the court for the first half. then AC made a good comeback but congrats to my blackcats, they never trailed the entire game.
BL has just got off on the wrong foot, everything will all be okay in the end! Pburg might just not like what they see!!
"jammin jamey" Wrote::lmao: You honestly believe that? That the game would've never been close? Do you "honestly" believe the Prestonsburg could continue to shoot the ball as well as they did the first half the entire game? :BigLaugh:

So your saying Prestonsburg just got lucky that they shot as well as they did? Good one. Smile
They did get lucky and i bet when they play ac again ac will be on top.
CONGRATS BLACKCATS!!!! We won and that's what matters. As for Betsy Layne - go to a different thread that is about you.

Our whole team played awesome last night. I wanted to name off the ones I thought did best, but I couldn't pick - they were all terrific! Keep it up boys.. If you play all your games (the WHOLE game) like you did the 1st half. We 'MIGHT' just be on our way to Rupp!

I have to give major credit to AC. They're a good team. Alex Hammonds (along with others) did great tonight, I don't see why Alex doesn't start. He came off the bench and suprised a LOT of people from the Burg.

CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST DISTRICT WIN CATS! KEEP IT UP AND LETS REPEAT AS CONFERENCE CHAMPS!
"Ac11Rebels" Wrote:They did get lucky and i bet when they play ac again ac will be on top.

I love this site, makes me laugh. Smile Accept the fact that you got beat, and it was at home. What makes you think you can beat Prestonsburg at Prestonsburg?
For one thing, P-Burg isn't as tough as Allen Central is, they proved that the second half. For another thing, Prestonsburg was pulling shots out of there butt in the first half and yes blackcat, they did get lucky to have shot so well. If AC wouldn't has jacked around in the first half and played the whole game, they wouldv'e beat P-Burg easily.
"rosco" Wrote:For one thing, P-Burg isn't as tough as Allen Central is, they proved that the second half. For another thing, Prestonsburg was pulling shots out of there butt in the first half and yes blackcat, they did get lucky to have shot so well. If AC wouldn't has jacked around in the first half and played the whole game, they wouldv'e beat P-Burg easily.
If if's and buts were candy and nuts well you know the rest. We beat AC, so face it and suck it up and quit whining. And if AC is tougher than P-burg and they proved that in the 2nd half then I guess P-burg is tougher cuz they proved that in the 1st half. Whiney babbies kill me. Everyone makes excuses about this and that but can't face the fact that they got beat by a better team.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:If if's and buts were candy and nuts well you know the rest. We beat AC, so face it and suck it up and quit whining. And if AC is tougher than P-burg and they proved that in the 2nd half then I guess P-burg is tougher cuz they proved that in the 1st half. Whiney babbies kill me. Everyone makes excuses about this and that but can't face the fact that they got beat by a better team.

looks like to me ol rosco is just sayin what he thinks....theres really nothin wrong with that is there?
"Ac11Rebels" Wrote:They did get lucky and i bet when they play ac again ac will be on top.
Please Brother....Great win cats!!!! Good luck against SV!!!!!!! :rock:
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:If if's and buts were candy and nuts well you know the rest. We beat AC, so face it and suck it up and quit whining. And if AC is tougher than P-burg and they proved that in the 2nd half then I guess P-burg is tougher cuz they proved that in the 1st half. Whiney babbies kill me. Everyone makes excuses about this and that but can't face the fact that they got beat by a better team.

Excuse me, but the only person whinning here is you, and your team won. Rolleyes

I don't believe anyone is saying the Prestonsburg is not "good enough" to be a contender. And certainly no one with any basketball savy such as yourself would believe that "their team" could shot nearly 70% from the floor the entire ballgame and not become tired at the end after being subjected to a press relentlessly.

BLACKCAT - Am I saying that Prestonsburg got lucky? No. I'm saying their shots were falling and they took advantage of the situation - that's smart basketball. However, Prestonsburg came back down to earth in the 2nd half. I'll also say that Prestonsburg can win this district and they are a region contender, especially after witnessing the play of Leslie, Barnett and Mullins inside last night. Good luck to Prestonsburg the rest of the season.

BLACKCATFAN4LIFE - Did I honestly believe Allen Central would be beat Prestonsburg. Not during halftime. Yet, as the game went along my mind began to change as Prestonsburg "hung on." Honestly, I believe that you were scared that Prestonsburg would lose and you would have to defend yourself on this site. And there's nothing more embarrassing than reading someone's whinny post defending their team's win.

Good luck to both teams as an exciting season of basketball is just beginning.
thats the way to tell them jammin jamey!
P-Burg did a great job in the first half and I thought that it was all over. But AC made a great comeback and shocked everyone. If AC continues to play like they did in the second half then they might have a chance of beating P-burg later on in the season. I think AC really had an off night for shooting though. We'll see next game if the outcome changes.
"Buzz-Cut" Wrote:P-Burg did a great job in the first half and I thought that it was all over. But AC made a great comeback and shocked everyone. If AC continues to play like they did in the second half then they might have a chance of beating P-burg later on in the season. I think AC really had an off night for shooting though. We'll see next game if the outcome changes.

should be a good game to watch whenever they play again....both teams like to get up and down the floor....good luck AC in yours all next encounter with the Burg
Yeh good luck to both teams!

Much needed.. I have no problem with what some people say, but when Prestonsburg was up 25 and you say that AC is still better or tougher, you're crazy.
JJ, Prestonsburg played the way they really can in the first half. They worked the ball inside and took high percentage shots. I don't see where anyone could think they got lucky when 80% of there shots were on lay ups or off of turnovers. Accept the fact that you got beat and move on.
"jammin jamey" Wrote:Excuse me, but the only person whinning here is you, and your team won. Rolleyes

I don't believe anyone is saying the Prestonsburg is not "good enough" to be a contender. And certainly no one with any basketball savy such as yourself would believe that "their team" could shot nearly 70% from the floor the entire ballgame and not become tired at the end after being subjected to a press relentlessly.

BLACKCAT - Am I saying that Prestonsburg got lucky? No. I'm saying their shots were falling and they took advantage of the situation - that's smart basketball. However, Prestonsburg came back down to earth in the 2nd half. I'll also say that Prestonsburg can win this district and they are a region contender, especially after witnessing the play of Leslie, Barnett and Mullins inside last night. Good luck to Prestonsburg the rest of the season.

BLACKCATFAN4LIFE - Did I honestly believe Allen Central would be beat Prestonsburg. Not during halftime. Yet, as the game went along my mind began to change as Prestonsburg "hung on." Honestly, I believe that you were scared that Prestonsburg would lose and you would have to defend yourself on this site. And there's nothing more embarrassing than reading someone's whinny post defending their team's win.

Good luck to both teams as an exciting season of basketball is just beginning.
You explain to me exactly how I'm whining? I'm not the one on here saying that my team is better than another team after getting beat on their home floor. Or that my team is better than another team with my team down by 25 points. Or saying that it was luck because the other team was hitting shots. You guys can't face the facts that Prestonsburg actually has a descent basketball team for once.
I'm not defending my team by whining. I knew Prestonsburg was better than AC as they have been the past 3 or 4 years (regional tournament appearances would show that). I'm not complaining because AC came back on P-burg, and yes AC had a shot to win the game at the end, but the better team prevailed. So all this crap about P-burg being lucky is getting on my nerves. Beat Prestonsburg and you will get props from me. But blaming a win on luck is childish imo.
wow, this was a great game to watch. It was a little closer than I was hoping, especially after the first half our boys played. It looked as if we were just going to cruise with this one, but give credit to AC, they never hung their heads and kept playing hard. It sure paid off because they about came away with the W. Congrats to the blackcats though. Next time you get a big lead, lets make it easy on the fans and try to add on to to it. lol
"blackcat" Wrote:JJ, Prestonsburg played the way they really can in the first half. They worked the ball inside and took high percentage shots. I don't see where anyone could think they got lucky when 80% of there shots were on lay ups or off of turnovers. Accept the fact that you got beat and move on.

Do you read anything? Where did I say Prestonsburg "got lucky"? Tell me, quote me?

And BTW I didn't get beat, I'm just a fan of 58th district basketball, not partial towards any team. :thumb:

Blackcatfan4life - "If if's and buts were candy and nuts well you know the rest." Sounds like whinning to me and a pretty childish response considering you're an administrator or something. How do you ban those who "trash talk" on this site when you do it yourself?
Both teams played good games. Prestonsburg should have kept that lead but I knew it was to good to be true. Brooks Herrick came up big at the end of the game when he knocked the ball away from that collins kid and he drawed the foul and he hit them, must make free throws. Congrats to the Blackcats !
The entire game was crazy! P-burg jumped out to a 26 point lead, blew it, then pulled away again. The fans were intense for both sides and the pregame was insane. Who was that #44 that busted the rim? I saw him jump up high and throw one down two handed and the rim broke away and didn't come up. I got a good chuckle out of that. I absolutely loved the night from beginning to end. I would love to see another game like this from Allen Central in the near future. Someone please get back to me on who
#44 is?
Good Job Rebels! Hopefully you'll get em next time.
Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' :mad: GO CATS!!! :mad: