Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) Kentucky 72 - Auburn 67
Final
Good win.

UK took ANOTHER teams best effort and still won. I have watched Auburn 3 times this season. THIS was their best effort.
John Wall played less than spectacular. Perry Stevenson played a GREAT 6 minutes. Coach Cal used 10 players in this game. Other than Harris, most of the bench played fairly well.

Demarcus did a pretty good job of staying out of foul trouble. I think he picked up his 3rd foul with less than 6 minutes to go. Solid double-double for him.
lwc Wrote:Good win.

UK took ANOTHER teams best effort and still won. I have watched Auburn 3 times this season. THIS was their best effort.

It's going to be like this all year. We're going to get everybody's best shot for two simple reasons: 1. We're KENTUCKY and 2. We're #2 in the nation and by far the best in the SEC!
great win the young kittens are learning
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
18-0!!! Woooooo!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK will get many #1 votes this week after Texas takes A&M to overtime.
UK had yet another chance to put a team away and didn't trump on it. We can not keep doing that.
Amun-Ra Wrote:UK had yet another chance to put a team away and didn't trump on it. We can not keep doing that.

Too often, we play to the level of our competition. To be up on a team by 19 and then let them back in it is a sign they do not have the killer instinct yet. It would be easy to say Auburn started shooting lights out and that is how they got back into the game. I would just as easily argue that the Cats shoot WENT lights out as well as our defense.

A wins a win, they all look the same in the record book.

As Goldberg would say "Who's Next!"
PC_You_Know Wrote:UK will get many #1 votes this week after Texas takes A&M to overtime.

Though A&M was a much higher RPI team than Auburn, I don't think UK should get penalized for it. I can't beleive we did not garner more than one vote this week, so I have to beleive anything more than that is a sign of more respect from the voters.
lwc Wrote:Good win.

Even with Auburns best effort they still should have won by about 20. They are going to let the wrong team make a run at the end of a game eventually and get beat.
Wall didn't take a three pointer today. Normally, I would say no big deal, but is he getting gun-shy. Before tonight, his three point shooting woes satarted with the Louisville game where he went 0-3, then 1-3 against Georgia and 1-7 against Florida. We don't need him to shoot 3's, but he has been shooting them throughout the season.
i still say there playing at the level of comp there playing, but it wil get them some time...
I take the win,but FF shooting may hurt them down the road unless they get that fix.
This score is alot closer than what I thought it should have been.
If we keep playing like this, we will get beat!
Congrats to the cats..but how many loves do they have left..
Kentucky has got to learn when you havw someone down you have to finish,but everyone in the sec is going to give us their best shot.
We have got to learn to put teams away. When you have a 19 point lead then I think that is when Cousins, Pat and Orton should become offensive weapons in the paint. Or at least Wall, Bledsoe and Miller should be getting shots around the lane. And our D has to be there for 40 minutes. I think at this point we give to many possession away that would put teams away. It is all about quality of possessions when you have that big of a lead.
It's went this way the whole season: We take a nice lead and with around 10-7 minutes remaining we just stop attacking and quit playing defense. That's when teams come back and grasp all the momentum. We do finish strong, but like someone else said, we cannot continue to keep giving up leads. I'm thinking a loss will help the team before going into the NCAA tournament.

Mr. John Wall absolutely killed me during the game. He played really lazy and made a ton of mental mistakes, ones that at least he usually doesn't. Maybe all this POY talk and magazine covers is finally getting to his head. Hopefully not though, because if so he needs a reality check because he is not invincible.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It's went this way the whole season: We take a nice lead and with around 10-7 minutes remaining we just stop attacking and quit playing defense. That's when teams come back and grasp all the momentum. We do finish strong, but like someone else said, we cannot continue to keep giving up leads. I'm thinking a loss will help the team before going into the NCAA tournament.

Mr. John Wall absolutely killed me during the game. He played really lazy and made a ton of mental mistakes, ones that at least he usually doesn't. Maybe all this POY talk and magazine covers is finally getting to his head. Hopefully not though, because if so he needs a reality check because he is not invincible.

Or - He is getting bored or there is something physically wrong with him that is not being report.
Stardust Wrote:Or - He is getting bored or there is something physically wrong with him that is not being report.

Both are possible, but I hope that we wouldn't play him if he had an injury he needed to rest with. Laziness may very well be it. He seems like he plays better when we're at home or on national television. We were on the road on the SEC network with just about 10k in attendance at Auburn and Wall just didn't perform to what we are used to seeing. But then again players go on slumps, no matter how good they are.
This is more of a laziness issue than it is a slump for John Wall. Wall could have gotten to the basket easily the whole game if he wanted to against Auburn's mediocre guards. He really only had a couple of good plays on offense the entire course of the game. I was very disappointed with his effort yesterday. Wall looked far from the POY yesterday. Cousins, Stevenson, and Liggins were really our only battlers in this game. Patterson had a good first half but was nonexistent in the second half.
Yeah could it be the start of the SI CURSE??
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Both are possible, but I hope that we wouldn't play him if he had an injury he needed to rest with. Laziness may very well be it. He seems like he plays better when we're at home or on national television. We were on the road on the SEC network with just about 10k in attendance at Auburn and Wall just didn't perform to what we are used to seeing. But then again players go on slumps, no matter how good they are.

I too think it is just him being lazy. And I think it goes back to an interview after the 16 assist game when he said something like coach said in big games he needs me to take over and score and in these type of games I need to get my teamates more involved. I think he took getting his team involved as him not playing as hard. The Cats need his pressure defense and for him to use his ability to break down the opponents D to score or get his teamates involved by getting them open looks.
Good win for Kentucky