Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Border Bowl on TV
Just found out that the Border Bowl in Williamsburg will be on Direct Tv Channel 14 Sat the 16th at Noon. It is the CW channel on Direct TV. I do not know about Dish Network or any local cable systems. Just FYI.
Does any one have the rosters for the game?
Sorry I see the rosters in a previous thread
Couldn't find the game on dish Sad
I know wymt is covering the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
7-7 tennessee ball 4th and goal from the 1
Is it online anywhere?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
http://www.wymtnews.com
What was the final score of this game? Was traveling & didn't get to watch it. Did anyone stand out in particular? Who won? How about it Brian Milam - do you have some stats for this game? I went to web site hoping to be able to bring it up but couldn't find it listed in archives.
Anyone got the final score?
Tennesee-26
Kentucky-13
i knew tn would prob win this game.
For what it is worth, this was the worst coached Kentucky team I have ever seen. There was a ton of talent that just wasn't utilized the way it should have been. The Tennessee coaches just completely embarrassed the Kentucky coaches.

Congrats to the Tennessee players on a great game and congrats to the Tennessee coaches .
tradition Wrote:For what it is worth, this was the worst coached Kentucky team I have ever seen. There was a ton of talent that just wasn't utilized the way it should have been. The Tennessee coaches just completely embarrassed the Kentucky coaches.

Congrats to the Tennessee players on a great game and congrats to the Tennessee coaches .

A tad bit harsh, but pretty accurate.

I wouldn't say the Ky coaches were embarrassed, just out coached. Not real impressed with what I observed from our coaching staff.

As the Tenn coaches demonstrated, the field was suited for powerful backs running the ball, not trying to do quick out passes. Oh well, the game was for kicks and giggles.
Nah Tenn had lots more talent than Ky,if you know football you should nt be saying what you have,our young men did a good job,maybe the best athlete we had the linebacker from Highlands hurt his sholder and that killed us,our offense wasnt doing a lot,but saying we didnt have good coaches is the pits,come on Bell County's Dudley Hilton is and soon will be the all time winningest coach in state and three state championships and the Boyle co coach come on are you saying they cant coach,these kids were not the most talented kids in state just a few top 50 players in state were there,best players from western ky and central ky best didnt play just a few,mostly eastern and northern ky kids was there so i say we should have played them better but i for one was there and think they done well!!The National Guard did it up right the kids were treated well and did many things for them!!
Csportsman11 Wrote:Nah Tenn had lots more talent than Ky,if you know football you should nt be saying what you have,our young men did a good job,maybe the best athlete we had the linebacker from Highlands hurt his sholder and that killed us,our offense wasnt doing a lot,but saying we didnt have good coaches is the pits,come on Bell County's Dudley Hilton is and soon will be the all time winningest coach in state and three state championships and the Boyle co coach come on are you saying they cant coach,these kids were not the most talented kids in state just a few top 50 players in state were there,best players from western ky and central ky best didnt play just a few,mostly eastern and northern ky kids was there so i say we should have played them better but i for one was there and think they done well!!The National Guard did it up right the kids were treated well and did many things for them!!

Dudley wasn't the Head Coach, Kozerski was. You had a great group of players. Just wished they had used the running game more. Felt they could have lined up Hayden and Raglin in a two back set that would have worked better on a muddy field. Heck, the opening kickoff Raglin runs it back to the 35 and sets up the first Kentucky TD and then you hardly see the kid again.
Knowing football as well as I do, I do realize that I'm completely spoiled when it comes to great coaching. This is why it is so difficult to sit thru games like these.
Csportsman11 Wrote:Nah Tenn had lots more talent than Ky,if you know football you should nt be saying what you have,our young men did a good job,maybe the best athlete we had the linebacker from Highlands hurt his sholder and that killed us,our offense wasnt doing a lot,but saying we didnt have good coaches is the pits,come on Bell County's Dudley Hilton is and soon will be the all time winningest coach in state and three state championships and the Boyle co coach come on are you saying they cant coach,these kids were not the most talented kids in state just a few top 50 players in state were there,best players from western ky and central ky best didnt play just a few,mostly eastern and northern ky kids was there so i say we should have played them better but i for one was there and think they done well!!The National Guard did it up right the kids were treated well and did many things for them!!

I'm pretty dang positive I do know football. I know that the kids from Ky were just as talented as Tenn had on the field Saturday. And I know it's very hard to run the short passing game (requiring quick cuts from the receivers) on a very muddy field. Yet that's what the Ky offense was. QB also had a very tough time rolling out and getting his feet under him in the mud. The O we tried to run throughout the game just wasn't going to work in those field conditions.

The Tenn coaches figured it out and, after having the same problems in the first half that we experienced, ran the ball against us a lot in the second half with success. We unfortunately didn't learn and kept trying to throw the ball. Not sure if that's because the QB who got the most time was from Conner, a receiver was from Conner, there were two Conner coaches on the staff, the Conner offense this year was throw the ball and then throw it some more, and the Conner qb still hasn't received a college scholly offer in spite of being hyped as a D-1 player for some time by his coach who may have been trying to help his qb get a college scholarship with his play calling in this game, but one can make one's own conclusions from those facts.

I will admit that on the few run plays we ran, we weren't very successful. Of course the run play calling wasn't very good. Almost always done out of a one back set and a passing set. Tenn had much success out of the two back set and just powered the ball right at the Ky defense. MacShara of Boyle hardly got his number called all day. Hayden had limited carries and as Tradition pointed out Raglin didn't touch the ball much all day.

Furthermore, as Tradition also pointed out, Hilton had nothing to do with the O, and knowing what I've heard about Kozerski, he wasn't going to listen to Hilton thoughts on offense even if Hilton had volunteered him.
You surely don't think you can convince the rest of the world that Hilton didn't put in his two cents worth on offense.:redboxer:
French For President Wrote:You surely don't think you can convince the rest of the world that Hilton didn't put in his two cents worth on offense.:redboxer:

If he did, he certainly shouldn't admit to it.
I agree that Ky got out coached. Offense was very, very bad. They basicly ran 4 plays the entire game and those plays were not well excuted? The defense seemed to have some real holes. The player who got the MVP seemed to get burnt numerous times on the deep post pattern while playing cover 2 at Safety? Just seemed the spent the week hitting each other instead of working on offense and defense. Raglin looked like the best player on the field for the Ky offense but got very few touches.

Anyway great event and ran very well! Good HS football fix in Jan.
They did only have 3 days to prepare, but I think they should of had a few more plays for the Ky kids to run. And since we have so many fields with turf now, why in the world would they have to play on a muddy field, makes no sense to me!
French For President Wrote:You surely don't think you can convince the rest of the world that Hilton didn't put in his two cents worth on offense.:redboxer:

Well he didn't he worked with the Defense you can bet that he will run the ball next year.
Dudley had nothing to do with the offense. The defense was constructed by Tom Greer and Dudley. Jerry Herron coached the offensive line, Larry French the defensive line, while the majority of the offense was controlled by the coaches from Conner. :yawn:
Brian Milam Wrote:Dudley had nothing to do with the offense. The defense was constructed by Tom Greer and Dudley. Jerry Herron coached the offensive line, Larry French the defensive line, while the majority of the offense was controlled by the coaches from Conner. :yawn:

As to the bolded, a positive person will say that Ky stayed with the passing game in spite of the field conditions due to fact that the Conner coaches ran a passing oriented offense with their high school team and that's what they knew best; a cynical person will say that they stayed with the passing game because they were more interested in trying to show case their high school qb to help him get a scholarship than they were about winning the game. Who knows which of the two positions is more accurate. What we do know is that the heavily pass oriented offense they ran didn't work in those field conditions and that some very, very talented running backs on the Ky team didn't get much of a chance to show their talents. For the record, there were no running backs from Highlands on the team so I have no ax to grind.
If I'm not mistaken, didn't the coach of Ky last year try to highlight a player who didn't have a scolly offer. Even the kids father was on the sideline.
Looks as if the Connor coach did the same thing and the BB committee better take heed. Players are not going to pay 300 dollars to be done wrong or not see any action.
How can you even have an all star game in Eastern Ky without Dudley, the coach from Belfry, or Larkey as the head coach at least once?
I wish i could have seen the game . But I had to work.
What were the stats for the Ky players for this game?
shold get some louisville kids because are all star games are sorry we play each other in the city and surrounding countys