Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Juniors in NKY?
Who all do you guys think are the top 10 juniors in the NKY area?
A lot across NKY:

NCC: Kelly & Cain
Beechwood: Larimore, Colisimo, Bertke
Dixie: Sexton & Popp
Boone: Oppenheimer
Campbell: Losey, Shepard, Rebholz, Kremer
Conner: Richards
Cooper: Thompson
Ryle: Hempel
Brossart: Norton, Ollier
Cov Cath: Shumate
Brossart: Embs great pitcher and good in the outfield with a nice bat.

Larimore can't play this season because of grades but probally the best junior in nky.

Conner: Roberts

Beechwood: Cottingham
Brossart;Norton,Embs Beechwood;Cottingham,Bertke,Larimore NCC;Cain Ryle;Hempel CovCath;Shumate
Conner;Roberts
Dixie;Popham
Ryle- Hempel
Dixie- Popham, Sexton, Dematteo
Connor- Roberts
Boone- Oppenheimer
Cov Cath- Shumate
Beechwood- Bertke
NCC- Kelly, Rebholz
Campbell- Shephard, Kremer, Losey
:biggrin:
theshack13 Wrote:Ryle- Hempel
Connor- Roberts
Boone- Oppenheimer
Cov Cath- Shumate
Beechwood- Bertke
NCC- Kelly, Rebholz

This is a team that could compete as an all-star team all by itself
baseball210 Wrote:Brossart: Embs great pitcher and good in the outfield with a nice bat.

Larimore can't play this season because of grades but probally the best junior in nky.

oldbird Wrote:Brossart;Norton,Embs Beechwood;Cottingham,Bertke,Larimore NCC;Cain Ryle;Hempel CovCath;Shumate
Conner;Roberts
Dixie;Popham

I forgot about Cottingham, probably the best pop time in the state. But he is at Covington Catholic, not Beechwood
baseball210 Wrote:Brossart: Embs great pitcher and good in the outfield with a nice bat.

Wow, this is a legit D1 prospect. I remember seeing this kid play with Carroll County when he completely dominated the competition.
Cottingham is at Beechwood and i was told he had the best poptimes at the morehead showcase and tiffin university in northern ohio, tiffin was really impress with his catching.Radford University in VA, has been in touch with young Cottingham along with several other school.
oldbird Wrote:Cottingham is at Beechwood and i was told he had the best poptimes at the morehead showcase and tiffin university in northern ohio, tiffin was really impress with his catching.Radford University in VA, has been in touch with young Cottingham along with several other school.

I know this youngman well. He plays in our organization and is a very solid youngman with great family support. He transferred from Cov Cath to Beechwood this year. Adding him as the anchor with players like Bertke, Collisimo (sic), Leeke and other's, likely puts Beechwood right back in the hunt for the 9th region title.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, this is a legit D1 prospect. I remember seeing this kid play with Carroll County when he completely dominated the competition.

I coached agaisnt this youngman for several years in USSSA baseball. He was freakish with his talents. I wish him well and hope to see him back in summerball. More importantly, I'd like to see him get himself back in good order.
theshack13 Wrote:Ryle- Hempel
Connor- Roberts
Boone- Oppenheimer
Cov Cath- Shumate
Beechwood- Bertke
NCC- Kelly, Rebholz

Rebholz is at Campbell County. Cain may be who you are thinking about at NCC. NCC also has Juniors Brady Gray, Sean Murphy and Luke Schmits that will anchor their team. The teams best pitcher may well be Brian Doyle. NCC is loaded with a great Junior class.

Dixie's Jr. Class is tops as well. Popham and Cottingham from Beechwood are INCREDIBLE catching prospects.

Campbell County has a very solid group of Juniors with the four mentioned before, but inlcude David Jenkins on the mound and powerful Michael Teegarden, with maybe the fastest player in NKY in Corey Cox, and you have a pretty solid group of players.

Conner has Drew Hart that will dow an outstanding job for them.

Bottomline, the Junior class in NKY is incredible!
Stardust Wrote:Wow, this is a legit D1 prospect. I remember seeing this kid play with Carroll County when he completely dominated the competition.

Im not dogging Larimore in anyway whatsoever but how can you say he is a legit D1 prospect? He hasnt been dominant in high school at all. Not even in summer ball has he been dominant. The one time I saw him pitch this summer was against the NKY Knights Select/Travel team. They played them in the Bluegrass Tournament at Beechwood.The Lions had kids from Beechwood and Ryle and Connor such as Bertke, Larimore, Cottinham, John Roberts, Hensley and Leeke. The Knights had some Dixie kids on their team, I believe they had Corbin Dematteo, Tyler Sexton and Corey Klei from Dixie. And Larimore pitched for the Bluegrass Lions and Sexton pitched for the Knights. The Knights blew them out. The game was finished in 5 innings. The score I believe was 14 to 2 with the Knights winning. The hitting standouts were Sexton who went 4 for 4 with 3 doubles and a walk and a single and Dematteo who went 3 for 4 with 3 doubles. I believe Larimore is very good but you cant say he is the best junior in NKY without knowing some of the other juniors in the 9th first. There will be alot of talent from juniors in the 9th this year. My top juniors in the 9th this year I would say is:
In no particular order

Brad Popham
Josh Bertke
Tyler Sexton
Zach Larimore
Corbin Dematteo
Dylan Cottingham
Timmy Barnhorst (watch for this kid, just started pitching this summer and was DOMINANT against huge competition)
Connor Hempel
Johnathon Roberts
Chad Fuller
theshack13 Wrote:Im not dogging Larimore in anyway whatsoever but how can you say he is a legit D1 prospect? He hasnt been dominant in high school at all. Not even in summer ball has he been dominant. The one time I saw him pitch this summer was against the NKY Knights Select/Travel team. They played them in the Bluegrass Tournament at Beechwood.The Lions had kids from Beechwood and Ryle and Connor such as Bertke, Larimore, Cottinham, John Roberts, Hensley and Leeke. The Knights had some Dixie kids on their team, I believe they had Corbin Dematteo, Tyler Sexton and Corey Klei from Dixie. And Larimore pitched for the Bluegrass Lions and Sexton pitched for the Knights. The Knights blew them out. The game was finished in 5 innings. The score I believe was 14 to 2 with the Knights winning. The hitting standouts were Sexton who went 4 for 4 with 3 doubles and a walk and a single and Dematteo who went 3 for 4 with 3 doubles. I believe Larimore is very good but you cant say he is the best junior in NKY without knowing some of the other juniors in the 9th first. There will be alot of talent from juniors in the 9th this year. My top juniors in the 9th this year I would say is:
In no particular order

Brad Popham
Josh Bertke
Tyler Sexton
Zach Larimore
Corbin Dematteo
Dylan Cottingham
Timmy Barnhorst (watch for this kid, just started pitching this summer and was DOMINANT against huge competition)
Connor Hempel
Johnathon Roberts
Chad Fuller

The NKY Knights and Bluegrass Lions play twice once at LLoyd and one at beechwood, the lions won at LLoyd and the Knights won at Beechwood and Sexton was not the pitcher Jake Ollier was.
oldbird Wrote:The NKY Knights and Bluegrass Lions play twice once at LLoyd and one at beechwood, the lions won at LLoyd and the Knights won at Beechwood and Sexton was not the pitcher Jake Ollier was.

Thats right!!!:Thumbs: I was kind of thinking I got that wrong. Sexton pitched against the game before that agaisnt a Bullit East's varsity team. And Bryan Waibel from SK was the pitcher against the Lions both games. Also both times they played them was at Beechwood. Once was a regular season game which the Lions won 2-1, Larimore and Waibel pitched that game. And the other game was the semi finals of the 18u Bluegrass Tournament which the Knights won 14-2, Larimore and Waibel pitched that game as well. The Knights went on to win that tournament later that day by beating the Bluegrass Seminoles 17u/18u by a score of 8-3.
Stardust Wrote:I forgot about Cottingham, probably the best pop time in the state. But he is at Covington Catholic, not Beechwood

He transferred to Beechwood.
theshack13 Wrote:He transferred to Beechwood.

From what i understand it was a smart move, he was told by coach K that he would not be the starting catcher because the freshman catcher would be the starter.I find that hard to belive after watching both play their is no question on who the better catcher is.
oldbird Wrote:From what i understand it was a smart move, he was told by coach K that he would not be the starting catcher because the freshman catcher would be the starter.I find that hard to belive after watching both play their is no question on who the better catcher is.

Yeah thats how it went. The freshman catcher at Cov Cath can out hit Cottingham by a ton but Cottinghams defense is alot better than the freshman at Cov Cath. To me its a good move on Cott's part. Starting job at Beechwood plus he will hit.
I keep forgetting about all the Juniors at Campbell County,they have a ton of outstanding player's.The next two years should be fun. Can someone tell me where Rebholz is playing summer ball.
oldbird Wrote:I keep forgetting about all the Juniors at Campbell County,they have a ton of outstanding player's.The next two years should be fun. Can someone tell me where Rebholz is playing summer ball.

Rebholz is playing for the Bluegrass Bats 17u team
oldbird Wrote:From what i understand it was a smart move, he was told by coach K that he would not be the starting catcher because the freshman catcher would be the starter.I find that hard to belive after watching both play their is no question on who the better catcher is.

theshack13 Wrote:Yeah thats how it went. The freshman catcher at Cov Cath can out hit Cottingham by a ton but Cottinghams defense is alot better than the freshman at Cov Cath. To me its a good move on Cott's part. Starting job at Beechwood plus he will hit.

Defensively, there is not a better catcher in NKY than DC.
CamelPride Wrote:Rebholz is playing for the Bluegrass Bats 17u team

Rebholz can flat cruch the ball.
CamelPride Wrote:Rebholz is playing for the Bluegrass Bats 17u team

The Bluegrass 17u team will be a beast to play against,add one of the better coach's around in Dave Shepard who seems to get the most out of his player's.
oldbird Wrote:The Bluegrass 17u team will be a beast to play against,add one of the better coach's around in Dave Shepard who seems to get the most out of his player's.

Who is on that team? I know Jacob Ollier, Bryan Waibel, Coy Shephard, David Jenkins, Jake Rebholz and Brady Gray are.
baseball210 Wrote:Cov Cath: Shumate

I was told that Shumate was avg 87 mph at summer tryouts if true he is throwing harder than Zack Isler is throwing at UC. Zack was avg 85 his last year at Cov Cath.For only being a junior that is great he must of really improved alot over this past summer.
theshack13 Wrote:Who is on that team? I know Jacob Ollier, Bryan Waibel, Coy Shephard, David Jenkins, Jake Rebholz and Brady Gray are.

Bluegrass Bats

Nate Losey
Jake Rebholz
David Jenkins
Austin Vann
Brady Gray
Sean Murphy
Luke Schmits
Michael Kremer
Coy Shepard
Corey Cox
Ryan Thompson
Jake Ollier
Bryan Waibel
Michael Teegarden
oldbird Wrote:I was told that Shumate was avg 87 mph at summer tryouts if true he is throwing harder than Zack Isler is throwing at UC. Zack was avg 85 his last year at Cov Cath.For only being a junior that is great he must of really improved alot over this past summer.

Wow, Adam is throwing that hard now? I did not get to see him last year, how is his control?
oldbird Wrote:I was told that Shumate was avg 87 mph at summer tryouts if true he is throwing harder than Zack Isler is throwing at UC. Zack was avg 85 his last year at Cov Cath.For only being a junior that is great he must of really improved alot over this past summer.

Shumate is throwing nowhere close to 87 I will give him 83 at the most.
CamelPride Wrote:Bluegrass Bats

Nate Losey
Jake Rebholz
David Jenkins
Austin Vann
Brady Gray
Sean Murphy
Luke Schmits
Michael Kremer
Coy Shepard
Corey Cox
Ryan Thompson
Jake Ollier
Bryan Waibel
Michael Teegarden
Didn't Vann,Rebholz and Schmits play for Kentucky Colonels u16 last year after looking at this team this is a much stronger team than the Colonels.