Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central Lady Hawks
This thread is regarding a game with Shelby Valley that took place earlier this week - why rehash all the GOSSIP -....

A principal wouldn't jeopardize his career and reputation over a state title. The new coach wasn't hired to win a state tournament - he was hired to improve the team. So far the improvement is already noticeable, the girls are being coached and taught. They have learned and it is evidenced in their improved defense and their improved overall game. The talent was there all along - just needed some fine tuning. Obviously, the "philosophical differences" were related to the fact that winning involves more than talent alone. I'm outside the so called click you are referring to, but I am certain if the principal saw a need for change there was obviously more to the decision then just a state title.

BESIDES - If Tussey was so good how come there isn't a state title in the trophy case - that's what I thought........ out with the old and in with the new......

Confusedhithappe
Just wondering Hulk why did you quote me when you did absoulty nothing with it???? just wondering...When a school gets a new principal you might as well expect change and i can tell you one thing getting rid of Poynter and brining in Mac was a good LONG TERM change...As a principal what did you want him to do sit up there and be like well we are going to suck at football and are only going to win one game and shit...No that is not what a principal should do...Do i agree with the coaching change on the girls basketball situation...No it was to late to make the change...But if you knew anything on the history of Pike Central girls basketball or folowed the coaching style of Coach Tussey then you would understand why this change was made...She acted as if her heart wasnt there no more...The practices were 10 times easier then when she coached her first teams to the regional finals...She was one hell of a coach but the past is the past and Pike Central has moved on...I'm sorry that you think you know what truely goes on at Buckley's Creek and im flattered that you take the time and energy to try to bring down our winning tradition...If our girls do lose to and older and mroe matured Belfry ball program then so be it I will still hang my head high and say my girls did the best that they could do and i will say that belfry did a good job unlike you would...Belfry's girls IMO are good but i think that they are plateud in how good they are going to be...While Pike Centrals girls have much room to improve and will throughout this season and during the off season...Oh and isnt Belfry the team that got beat by Johnson Central...Hey we havent lost a regional game yet...K thanks bye...
Nice Post Slamabamma!!!!!!!
you to bleed blue...
"BleedsBlue" Wrote:This thread is regarding a game with Shelby Valley that took place earlier this week - why rehash all the GOSSIP -....

A principal wouldn't jeopardize his career and reputation over a state title. The new coach wasn't hired to win a state tournament - he was hired to improve the team. So far the improvement is already noticeable, the girls are being coached and taught. They have learned and it is evidenced in their improved defense and their improved overall game. The talent was there all along - just needed some fine tuning. Obviously, the "philosophical differences" were related to the fact that winning involves more than talent alone. I'm outside the so called click you are referring to, but I am certain if the principal saw a need for change there was obviously more to the decision then just a state title.

BESIDES - If Tussey was so good how come there isn't a state title in the trophy case - that's what I thought........ out with the old and in with the new......

Confusedhithappe

Disregard my opening statement, I got a little confused with the threads regarding all of the negativity towards PCC, but the rest of my post stands true to my opinion on this issue.
Well it looks like they have only lost 4 starters now with the coaching change. Coleman, Slone, Lowe, Johnson. Looks like he is really improving things with the team. Why did they leave? All these experenced players? What coach at Central has done anymore? Tussey holds 2 regional titles. Looks like a padded schedule also. Why isn't Rowe out yet?
Change is sometimes good but in this case...NOT. :yesno:From what I hear...Ratliff is not happy. We shall see how far they go this season. With this new improved team.:bounce:
"BleedsBlue" Wrote:This thread is regarding a game with Shelby Valley that took place earlier this week - why rehash all the GOSSIP -....

Confusedhithappe
Tussey's winning tradition you mean... What has that boy's team done? Look at the banners I saw in the gym at how who's done what. We shall see what Mr. *****er ends up with hanging.Confusedleep:

TongueirateSho

"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Just wondering Hulk why did you quote me when you did absoulty nothing with it???? just wondering...When a school gets a new principal you might as well expect change and i can tell you one thing getting rid of Poynter and brining in Mac was a good LONG TERM change...As a principal what did you want him to do sit up there and be like well we are going to suck at football and are only going to win one game and shit...No that is not what a principal should do...Do i agree with the coaching change on the girls basketball situation...No it was to late to make the change...But if you knew anything on the history of Pike Central girls basketball or folowed the coaching style of Coach Tussey then you would understand why this change was made...She acted as if her heart wasnt there no more...The practices were 10 times easier then when she coached her first teams to the regional finals...She was one hell of a coach but the past is the past and Pike Central has moved on...I'm sorry that you think you know what truely goes on at Buckley's Creek and im flattered that you take the time and energy to try to bring down our winning tradition...If our girls do lose to and older and mroe matured Belfry ball program then so be it I will still hang my head high and say my girls did the best that they could do and i will say that belfry did a good job unlike you would...Belfry's girls IMO are good but i think that they are plateud in how good they are going to be...While Pike Centrals girls have much room to improve and will throughout this season and during the off season...Oh and isnt Belfry the team that got beat by Johnson Central...Hey we havent lost a regional game yet...K thanks bye...
The boys team has made it to three regional championships and have racked up around seven or eight distict champs and around 3 runners up...I can't belive that you would sit there and call coach David Rowe a bad coach look at what he is doing this year he is 5-1 and is playing GREAT...But this is about the girls soooooo...Yeah Tussey is the only coach Central has had over the past...But you will see come tourny time that *****er has just as much coaching talent as what Tussey had...Pond Creek is blinding you there buddy...And i think it is hilarious that you put down walk on soccer player considering im getting offers from four college...Pikeville, ***berland, Belhaven and Asbury oh yeah and ***berland was ranked in the top 25 in the NAIA...so you may want to get your facts straight ;-)...Jack Ass
"Hulk" Wrote:Well it looks like they have only lost 4 starters now with the coaching change. Coleman, Slone, Lowe, Johnson. Looks like he is really improving things with the team. Why did they leave? All these experenced players? What coach at Central has done anymore? Tussey holds 2 regional titles. Looks like a padded schedule also. Why isn't Rowe out yet?
Change is sometimes good but in this case...NOT. :yesno:From what I hear...Ratliff is not happy. We shall see how far they go this season. With this new improved team.:bounce:

To bad everything you say is incorrect Lowe has not left she is still there so is Johnson neither of which are starting right now...Who was to say that Slone and COleman would have started...They did nothing in the Phelps game they were shut down...COleman shot one shot OVER the GOAL...The reason Rowe isn't out yet is b/c he is continues to have succesful FULL seasons...He will retire in the next couple of years so why fire him Mark Thompson is learning alot from him as well as Rowe is learning from THompson...How far will they go this season to the regional tournament and if they play their cards right to state...Hulk you know nothing all your so called facts are false and assumeing on your part makes an ass out of you...Get your facts straight and until then stop POSTING PLEASE you know nothing...
Coleman had 18 points and fouled Kayla Lowe out. Do you call that a shut down. Phelps will get them at Phelps. You guys had home cooking didn't ya? PC girls were runners up last year in the region and the boys got beat first game in the region. Year before that girls won the region and boy did what? I didn't say Rowe wasn't a good coach. I think he is a good coach. That was no reason to put the ax to Tussey. She has been successful at PC. What do you have against her? Why did you quit playing basketball? TongueirateSku Follow the rules...not suppose to use bad language.:omg:

"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:To bad everything you say is incorrect Lowe has n
t left she is still there so is Johnson neither of which are starting right now...Who was to say that Slone and COleman would have started...They did nothing in the Phelps game they were shut down...COleman shot one shot OVER the GOAL...The reason Rowe isn't out yet is b/c he is continues to have succesful FULL seasons...He will retire in the next couple of years so why fire him Mark Thompson is learning alot from him as well as Rowe is learning from THompson...How far will they go this season to the regional tournament and if they play their cards right to state...Hulk you know nothing all your so called facts are false and assumeing on your part makes an ass out of you...Get your facts straight and until then stop POSTING PLEASE you know nothing...
"thetribe" Wrote:They are doing great but how many threads does PC fans have to start to establish that?
lol
Coleman imo didnt play that well in that game if you was there then you would have notcied but that is MO...No i donthave anything against Tussey i like her we are actually friends but im just telling it like it is...And you asked what the boys did the year befor last they made it to the regional finals ;-) and was up by 20 at half time and let it slip through their grasps...Your girls have not won a title in a while as well as your boys which i cant such much on our boys side besides we have made it to more finals then you all have in the past 13 years...As well for bad language if it is not bleeped out the dont worry about it you are the one that put down personal stuff about me...And why did i quit playing basketball b/c i'll admit i know the game and could coach it but i wasnt very good it was not fun for me anymore and i found a new game which i have excelled at and am going to play in college which is why i do not run track any more...I practice soccer just about every day or work out...I made state for track and quit it for soccer...there you go would you like anymore of my life story Hulk i will be more than happy to tell you about myself...
and the personal stuff u put about me wasn't correct either ;-)
Can I ask where all this info is coming from about the 2 girls leaving PC? Hulk, you seem to be the only one this well informed. Are you just spreading rumors again, trying to stir up some trouble?
one of the girls who quit told a friend of mine and she told me.
"Evil Twin" Wrote:Can I ask where all this info is coming from about the 2 girls leaving PC? Hulk, you seem to be the only one this well informed. Are you just spreading rumors again, trying to stir up some trouble?
well buddy you may want to tell your sources to get the story straight b/c neither them or you are getting them straight...
Well!!!!I think pike central is doing very good this year, but the coach could try to let the other girls like Kayla Ratliff, Tasha Blackburn, Krista Brown, Kristen Keene(sophmore),Jamie Mullins some more time in the game to get some expierence!!!!!!!!!
I will have 2 agree with ~*!Uk*WiLd!*~ on that one i have seen there team play when they played east ridge they might have lost but some of those girl's are good
I'm sure they will get some floor time tomorrow night in the game against Piarist.
Your are out there to win and Butcher knows who needs to be in at a clutch situation...In a close region game you can't take out Ratliff, Coleman, Harris or Lowe you have to have them to win...Your out there to win not to please players...They will get their time to shine and that is when they have to prove themselves and to prove a point...
"~*!Uk*WiLd!*~" Wrote:Well!!!!I think pike central is doing very good this year, but the coach could try to let the other girls like Kayla Ratliff, Tasha Blackburn, Krista Brown, Kristen Keene(sophmore),Jamie Mullins some more time in the game to get some expierence!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more! Experience on the bench makes a big difference come tourney time!
In the words of Herm Edwards, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!" If, while doing so you are able to allow young players to gain some experience, so be it. However, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"!
I myself think that PIKE CENTRAL is like all other teams they have there on and off nights.. But other then that they are doing very well!!
agree baller
PC is a good team yeah..but they also have alot of young players....when you have like what 2 good players on the team can you really expect to go anywhere?
yeah you should expect the same out of them as any other team....
Face it PC has 2 players who can actually play and they both have bad attitudes!!!...Why dose everyone act like PC is so good?..There not..Actually talk about teams who are!!!
What 2 pc players have bad attitudes?
I think pike county central is doing alot better now that they have this new coach. He has improved this team so much. :theman:
i think pike central is good and they have a lot of good players so if you want to hear about another school stop reading this thread.:wtf1: .......Ratliff & Lowe are very good players.but there are more on the bench you will see it in a few years