Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central Lady Hawks
I agree !! But its a waste to wait a few years to see them(bench).......We should be seeing more of them now.............
so what ur saying is waste this season just to find this teams future there is a place to watch the future and that is in the JV games if they can't hold the composeher to play against a team like P-Burg then why in the hell would you put them up against a team like Belfry or Magoffin...
Big Daddy, do you not think these girls work in practice and get experience playing jv ball and gain knowledge by watching the more experienced players?? This drama over the whole subbing issue, at this point in the season, needs to be put to bed.....
I think coach butcher is doing a excellent job as a coach they seem to get along alot better than in the past i have actually seen them all talking to each other before game.the girls are doing great to
[Image: http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/5684/kygirls0lj.jpg]
he needs to see his bench more also and tussey could of done a better job and pcchs would of had a chance to go to state with her there but othere than thatt there doin good i guess
Butcher is doing a good job. There are things I would do differently, like not putting a starter with 4 fouls back in the game with :42 left in the 3rd quarter like he did Hannah Thompson against Belfry. Although she did not get that 5th foul until the 4th, I would be afraid she would get it in those few remaining seconds. Also, if a player, even if it is Haley Ratliff, looked at me and would not go back in the game I would tell her either get in the game or go to the locker room. This also happened in the Belfry game, I think when either Lowe or Thompson fouled out.
I think they would be alot better if tussey was there because no matter what she always seen all of the players no matter where they was on the bench.... and i am sure mullins girls would get more playing time.
I don't care anymore i just think this team would have done so much better with tussey coaching i think she would have seen all of the players and she didn't have her picks unlike some coaches.... But yeah i still go to the Pike central games to watch my friends play.... I am just not going to go to pike central when i get in high school i am going to east ridge or shelby valley because they have a better school system
"basketball_20" Wrote:I think they would be alot better if tussey was there because no matter what she always seen all of the players no matter where they was on the bench.... and i am sure mullins girls would get more playing time.

I highly doubt there is a John's Creek/Mullins differentiation in regards to subbing and how players are treated by Butcher. I'm pretty certain Butcher sees his whole bench and doesn't discriminate regarding where the student is from. If you can't post something intelligent please save your comments.

By the way, if Butcher was going to be in favor of one or the other, I would think since his Dad coached for years at Mullins then his pick would be Mullins....not the other way around, but that's just my opinion on the matter.
Pike Central is still a contender IMO. When they get Haley Ratliff back 100% and everyone else stays healthy, look for them to make a run.
Pike Central is definately a top contender in the 15th!
"BleedsBlue" Wrote:I highly doubt there is a John's Creek/Mullins differentiation in regards to subbing and how players are treated by Butcher. I'm pretty certain Butcher sees his whole bench and doesn't discriminate regarding where the student is from. If you can't post something intelligent please save your comments.

By the way, if Butcher was going to be in favor of one or the other, I would think since his Dad coached for years at Mullins then his pick would be Mullins....not the other way around, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Been to the last couple of home games. LB, Brucie, Bethanny all were in the games at one point and let's not forget where Haley is from.
I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD FIRE THE COACH. WHAT DOES HE KNOW ABOUT BASKETBALL? NOTHING. IF IT WASNT FOR HIS GRANDPA HE WOULDNT HAVE GOTTEN THE JOB.I GUESS SINCE HES SUCH A GOOD COACH WHY DID THEY FIRE HIM AS THE BASEBALL COACH.

"oldcoach" Wrote:Been to the last couple of home games. LB, Brucie, Bethanny all were in the games at one point and let's not forget where Haley is from.
"tigerman2163" Wrote:I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD FIRE THE COACH. WHAT DOES HE KNOW ABOUT BASKETBALL? NOTHING. IF IT WASNT FOR HIS GRANDPA HE WOULDNT HAVE GOTTEN THE JOB.I GUESS SINCE HES SUCH A GOOD COACH WHY DID THEY FIRE HIM AS THE BASEBALL COACH.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
NEWSFLASH! He is STILL the Head Coach of Baseball at Pike Central
AND what the hell did his grandpa have to do with the job - nada -
check your facts before you post
"basketball_20" Wrote:I think they would be alot better if tussey was there because no matter what she always seen all of the players no matter where they was on the bench.... and i am sure mullins girls would get more playing time.

yea they would LOSE alot more to then if they played the mullins girls
"basketball_20" Wrote:I don't care anymore i just think this team would have done so much better with tussey coaching i think she would have seen all of the players and she didn't have her picks unlike some coaches.... But yeah i still go to the Pike central games to watch my friends play.... I am just not going to go to pike central when i get in high school i am going to east ridge or shelby valley because they have a better school system

then stop complaning
"oldcoach" Wrote:Been to the last couple of home games. LB, Brucie, Bethanny all were in the games at one point and let's not forget where Haley is from.
=I have been to the last two games. Where was Haley and you?
"SCOUt" Wrote:yea they would LOSE alot more to then if they played the mullins girls
If they lost all of their games this season it still wouldn't be alot more. Do you know what alot more means?
"fastbreak" Wrote:=I have been to the last two games. Where was Haley and you?

Are you asking about Haley Ratliff?
i think that the lady hawks are doing alot better and have a chance to win district
:#1:
"BleedsBlue" Wrote:YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
NEWSFLASH! He is STILL the Head Coach of Baseball at Pike Central
AND what the hell did his grandpa have to do with the job - nada -
check your facts before you post

You're right, it wasn't his grandfather.

It was Butcher's father.
"tigerman2163" Wrote:I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD FIRE THE COACH. WHAT DOES HE KNOW ABOUT BASKETBALL? NOTHING. IF IT WASNT FOR HIS GRANDPA HE WOULDNT HAVE GOTTEN THE JOB.I GUESS SINCE HES SUCH A GOOD COACH WHY DID THEY FIRE HIM AS THE BASEBALL COACH.

Since you seem to have such insight... let me correct you on several points.

1.) He is a coach's son, he knows the game. He has been around it, in the locker rooms since he was 2. That is something you cant teach. Have you ever spoken to him about the game? OBVIOUSLY NOT. I have, and I am impressed. Ask the girls, ask the college players that he used to coach (he was a student assistant and Graduate assistant at Cumberland College), ask anyone that has talked with Coach Butcher for more than 5 minutes about the game of basketball and they will tell you.

2.) His Grandpa? His grandpa is in his 80's and has never coached basketball or had anything to do with Pike County sports. Do you mean his father that coached for 10 or so years at Mullins? Again, lets try to stick to the facts.

3.) If you check out the baseball field in April, you will see Coach Butcher as the head coach.

Please write more since you are obviously so wise.