Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Leavitt fired at South Florida amidst allegations
WOW! The Bobby Knight of college football?......

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4807719"]South Florida Bulls fire coach Jim Leavitt, source says - ESPN[/ame]
Stardust, I bugged you about it in the other thread, I wont do it in this one...I PROMISE.
^ Lol, Ok
This is not good for the rest of the Big East or the nation. South Florida is sitting on a land mine of talent that Leavitt is yet to walk upon.
I just think that it's very sad that coaches believe that they have to put their hands on a kid to get their point across... This is not 25-30 years ago with Bear Bryant and the junction boys playing football.... Administrators and players are NOT going to stand for this kind of treatment by anyone...
Navajo4life Wrote:I just think that it's very sad that coaches believe that they have to put their hands on a kid to get their point across... This is not 25-30 years ago with Bear Bryant and the junction boys playing football.... Administrators and players are NOT going to stand for this kind of treatment by anyone...

Times have certainly changed.
Coming on the heels of what happened to Leech at TT, this is not suprising. Bill Stewart was let go from VMI in 1996 because he used the "N-word" towards one of his players. The fact that he only had 8 wins in three years there did not help his cause. Stewart has regretted that incident ever since.
college football isn't what it used to be.