Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Shelby Valley ever have a chance to have a good program!
What are you thoughts?
Not if the situation doesn't change. There is NO emphasis placed on baseball up there. Just go look at their field right now. it's completely grown over with grass. They have no feeder system. They need a coach who knows what he is doing. It's a bad situation up there for baseball.
Winds of change are blowing.....or so I have heard:confused:
IT will happen this year.
What will happen?
Valley has got a new coach this year...and from what I hear the assistants and him do know what they are doing, I think that this year is going to be a turn around from last year, because with new coaching you have new players coming out for the team, maybe something good will come of that.
i doubt they will ever have a chance 2 be good
"Cowhunter30" Wrote:Valley has got a new coach this year...and from what I hear the assistants and him do know what they are doing, I think that this year is going to be a turn around from last year, because with new coaching you have new players coming out for the team, maybe something good will come of that.

David Osborne will learn with time...I don't think they looked for any other coaches...If Anthony Hampton is an assistant like I've heard then everybody knows he doesnt know anything about baseball, and Jimmy Tackett destroyed the Shelby Valley program when he coached there so I question if they know what they're doing...Maybe some talent will roll through sometime in the near future, but unless they have some awesome players come then they'll never be great...This year will be the complete opposite of last year...Shelby Valley had a lot of great wins last year over most teams in the region, so I doubt they'll repeat that...
Didn't SV's last coach drive a bus and was the janitor at the school? Did he ever play baseball?:confused:
Even if the new coach has no clue, he can't be any worse than the last. It was a joke. He son would sometimes hit infield and have on shorts and a black t-shirt or something. It was as bush league as it gets.
Well from what i hear Virgie is getting a baseball team, so that will help some in the future with Valley's feeder system.
"PantherFan" Wrote:Even if the new coach has no clue, he can't be any worse than the last. It was a joke. He son would sometimes hit infield and have on shorts and a black t-shirt or something. It was as bush league as it gets.

Yeah he can be worse than the last..At least people wanted to play for the last coach. They had to make a bunch of football players come out to conditioning because nobody even showed up the 1st day.

His son never helped with the team but maybe once or twice. And towards the end of last year Shelby Valley was anything but a bush league team.
There really wasn't a lot of football players that weren't former baseball players that came out the first day maybe like 5 or 6 out of like 17, so I hear.
"DTA" Wrote:Didn't SV's last coach drive a bus and was the janitor at the school? Did he ever play baseball?:confused:

Well he did drive a bus and worked with the special kids at school. But not sure if he played or not. I know this new coach coming up David Osborne was one of a hell of a player back in his prime days at SV. But have not heard anything about the assistance coach's on the team anyone know?
"Cowhunter30" Wrote:There really wasn't a lot of football players that weren't former baseball players that came out the first day maybe like 5 or 6 out of like 17, so I hear.

Well I know for a fact that most of the football players that did come out for the baseball team did play for the All Star team at Pikeville. But I say that after basketball is over with most of them will come out and this will probably make SV a top continder in the 15th region! Plan on them to make a big difference.
From players I have talked to this has been there roughest conditioning ever for Baseball.
i dunno i thought they were pretty good they beat us
Sv baseball team is working harder than ever. Great move by Valley pulling David Osborne in. WHen Jimmy coached he was the only coach ever that new anything about baseball. Tom Searcy was a better coach than the last one and he admitted he knew nothing about baseball.
"snoop" Wrote:Sv baseball team is working harder than ever. Great move by Valley pulling David Osborne in. WHen Jimmy coached he was the only coach ever that new anything about baseball. Tom Searcy was a better coach than the last one and he admitted he knew nothing about baseball.

Didn't Jimmy Tackett all but destroy the baseball program at Shelby Valley before he threw in the towel?
Well i dont play baseball at Valley and I dont claim to know much about it but, Coach Osbourne and Hampton will works these boys butts off and they will improve. These 2 coaches are great men and refuse to ever be defeated, they demand perfection.
Quote:Well i dont play baseball at Valley and I dont claim to know much about it but, Coach Osbourne and Hampton will works these boys butts off and they will improve. These 2 coaches are great men and refuse to ever be defeated, they demand perfection.

Well put
"alfus21" Wrote:Didn't Jimmy Tackett all but destroy the baseball program at Shelby Valley before he threw in the towel?

No he didn't destroy the program. Alfus just think of all the good atheletes that didn't come out because the coaching staff didn't know anything about baseball. Now the atheletes are coming out and I think that things will be different for this team. Maybe not this year but in the next few years Valley will be a winning program. Now all the real atheletes are coming out, not the one sport wonders!
"snoop" Wrote:No he didn't destroy the program. Alfus just think of all the good atheletes that didn't come out because the coaching staff didn't know anything about baseball. Now the atheletes are coming out and I think that things will be different for this team. Maybe not this year but in the next few years Valley will be a winning program. Now all the real atheletes are coming out, not the one sport wonders!

It's great that athletes are coming out for the team, but just because you're athletic doesn't mean you can play baseball....Prestonsburg is a perfect example of that..The last few years they've had great athletes on the baseball team but still couldn't win...

And "One sport wonders" are generally better because they have time to work on that one sport...They don't have to worry about wasting time with something else because they can work on baseball year round...
Athletes you can stick anywhere! If you a true athelete then you can play any sport good.
If i remember correctly the old coach did have 2 full seasons of coaching little league, on his resume. Correct me if i'm wrong. But Rome wasn't built in a day. Give these new guys time they'll be fine. Good luck cats.
From what I know of the new guys, give them some time. They'll be fine Rome wasnt built in a day.For the old coach great guy-yes Baseball coach-no.
"snoop" Wrote:Athletes you can stick anywhere! If you a true athelete then you can play any sport good.

Very true but how many athletes are like this today? Usually Valley just has one sport stars, how many all around athletes are there in the Valley?
Shelby Valley should have a decent year.. They have some good quality pitchers. They lost there whole infield except first base due to graduation last year but should still have a pretty solid infield..