Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peyton Manning Passes 50,000
Peyton Manning passed the 50,000 career yard mark in Sundays loss to the Jets becoming only the 4th player in history behind Brett Favre (68,692), Dan Marino (61,361) and John Elway (51,475).
Pretty prestigious honor for Manning who still has a lot of years left.
I look at what Favre and Elway did as far more impressive than Manning and Marino. The Packers and Bronco's were teams that have very solid running games with 1000 yard rushers consistently. Meaning, they reached incredible passing numbers by not just passing the entire game. The Colts and Dolphins have been teams to always throw 70%+ with teams that had minimal defense. Not until recently has Manning had a decent defense behind him and you have seen the scores, conversely his numbers, fall as a result of not being in shootouts.

Not dissing him, this is a great accomplishment, but sometimes there are more to numbers than what you see.
Manning has also set out the last two games of each of the last 4 seasons because his teams are winning. Just saying.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Manning has also set out the last two games of each of the last 4 seasons because his teams are winning. Just saying.

Great point. It probably is even more than the last 4 seasons. The Colts under Irsay's reign has been very protective of starters once their playoff spot is secured.
Saw That Awesome:1::1::1::1:
Wow is all I can say about Manning..Hope he wins the Super Bowl as well.
^ I'm pulling for Manning to win the Super Bowl as well
congrats peyton