Poll: What should UK Football Program DO?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep The Joke
54.55%
Hire Someone New.
45.45%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should UK Football Program DO?
Stardust Wrote:It's not definite that Joker is going to get it

Its his job they will not give it to any one else, there would be to much scruitny from the media if that was to happen. Local papers and media would eat that up it would look bad on the program, university, Barnhardt and Lee Todd. Speaking with people really close to the program and Brooks family who ever Brooks recominds for the job is who will get the job once he leaves and that has already been evident Brooks has stuck by his entires coaching staff since the beginning.
pickthewinner Wrote:Try to get Butch Davis he is a proven head coach.

The only thing he has proven to me is that he is an above average recruiter and an average head coach. He hasn't set the world on fire at North Carolina as people expected, and many people feel he was solely the coach who nearly killed off the Miami program.
Joker will be the HC by the way...the only way I could see anyone other than Phillips being the HC is if a big name coach personally inquired about the job.

Brooks has worked too hard to build the program to where it is for Barnhart to completely start over. Additionally, if Joker were to be let go (which he would not stay around if not as the HC) then you basically will lose this entire recruiting class, the pipeline to LaGrange, all your recruiting in Georgia, all your recruiting in South Carolina, all the recruiting at Louisville Central.
BelfryPride Wrote:Think about UK's offense and questionable playcalling against Tennessee & Clemson....now do you really want Joker????

Yes, I do. The Tennessee game was a situation where obviously Newton was not throwing the ball anywhere near his recievers and had UK tried to "open it up" and throw it downfield the Cats would have never been in the game in the 4th quarter.
And Dust, doesn't he contractually have an agreement that he will take over when Rich Brooks retires? If they do not hire Joker as head coach it will go against everything that has gotten Kentucky Football in the unbelievably improved condition it is now; and that is making a decision about who you feel is the best fit as head coach and moving forward with it wheter it is popular or not.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Joker will be the HC by the way...the only way I could see anyone other than Phillips being the HC is if a big name coach personally inquired about the job.

Brooks has worked too hard to build the program to where it is for Barnhart to completely start over. Additionally, if Joker were to be let go (which he would not stay around if not as the HC) then you basically will lose this entire recruiting class, the pipeline to LaGrange, all your recruiting in Georgia, all your recruiting in South Carolina, all the recruiting at Louisville Central.

Exactly. And that is what most people do not realize.
Question here: So with the recent development of Mike Leach's alligations, many anaylists believe a firing is in the mix. Could their be a possibility of a Mike/Kentucky reconnection. I dont forsea if he is fired any other school going after him because this situation is looking to messy right now. So hypotheticaly speaking, Brooks retires, Joker moves to head coach, and Leach is fired. Should we go after him as an offensive cord.? I think it would be a likely hire and it would be worth moving on him for. Thoughts?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Question here: So with the recent development of Mike Leach's alligations, many anaylists believe a firing is in the mix. Could their be a possibility of a Mike/Kentucky reconnection. I dont forsea if he is fired any other school going after him because this situation is looking to messy right now. So hypotheticaly speaking, Brooks retires, Joker moves to head coach, and Leach is fired. Should we go after him as an offensive cord.? I think it would be a likely hire and it would be worth moving on him for. Thoughts?

I would absolutly love to have Leach at Kentucky, look at the things he has done with TT, And with him calling plays amazing things would happen, Hopefully we could move after him, if he is open.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Question here: So with the recent development of Mike Leach's alligations, many anaylists believe a firing is in the mix. Could their be a possibility of a Mike/Kentucky reconnection. I dont forsea if he is fired any other school going after him because this situation is looking to messy right now. So hypotheticaly speaking, Brooks retires, Joker moves to head coach, and Leach is fired. Should we go after him as an offensive cord.? I think it would be a likely hire and it would be worth moving on him for. Thoughts?

1. Leach's ego won't allow him to be anything but a Head Coach.
2. Sanders will be the OC unless he takes a HC job.
3. NO WAY IN HADES that Barnhart hires Leach after the whole Billy Gillespie debacle... BCG's treatment of the players, in particular Harrelson, was one of the driving forces behind his termination. No way Barnhart potentially puts UK right back into that situation this soon.

My guess is that Leach either ends up at some Sun Belt school or a FCS school as the HC.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Leach's ego won't allow him to be anything but a Head Coach.
3. NO WAY IN HADES that Barnhart hires Leach after the whole Billy Gillespie debacle... BCG's treatment of the players, in particular Harrelson, was one of the driving forces behind his termination. No way Barnhart potentially puts UK right back into that situation this soon.

My guess is that Leach either ends up at some Sun Belt school or a FCS school as the HC.
I don't care who he sticks in a closet as long as we are winning. Same would have gone for Gillispie but he wasn't winning games. You give me a coach that is a proven winner like Leach is or at least brings an offensive scheme that is fun to watch.

UK playing in their 4th straight bowl game this past weekend and I turned it off to play XBox until the 4th quarter because watching UK football is painful. They have no rhythm nor can they execute worth a ****.

You give me a coach that will put up 40 pts per game and I don't give a crap if we win or not. At least make it fun to watch.
BCF4L Wrote:I don't care who he sticks in a closet as long as we are winning. Same would have gone for Gillispie but he wasn't winning games. You give me a coach that is a proven winner like Leach is or at least brings an offensive scheme that is fun to watch.

UK playing in their 4th straight bowl game this past weekend and I turned it off to play XBox until the 4th quarter because watching UK football is painful. They have no rhythm nor can they execute worth a ****.

You give me a coach that will put up 40 pts per game and I don't give a crap if we win or not. At least make it fun to watch.

So you wish Hal Mumme would have been the coach instead of Rich Brooks then?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Leach's ego won't allow him to be anything but a Head Coach.

Also found this out from a UK booster yesterday, that wshen the hal mumme situation happened Leach was used as a scapegoat. So he does not fell to highly on the program so that completly shot that situation down. He also informed me that he spoke with Brooks yesterday at its not looking good boys/girls.
Joker is the head coach in waiting. The last thing UK needs is to get into a breach of contract lawsuit with a key member of the coaching staff who has been instrumental in sparing fans from more 2-9 seasons.

Also, I would rather not let Mitch Barnhart roll the dice and take a chance on landing a football version of Billy Gillispie. Joker has been a credit to the football program and to the university. He deserves a shot and the full support of UK fans.
I say we need to give Joker a chance to see what he can do,I think he will open it up more then Brooks has.I have always believe that Brooks has held the team back and not letting Joker open the playbook up more,but thats JMO.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:The offensive playcalling duties will go to Randy Sanders, which will make a huge difference. Joker will be off the hook then..While I am a huge OPPONENT of the whole coach in waiting deal, I dont think UK fans will have gotten a much better coach than Joker. There are several positives that will come out of this. The players will be familiar with the system, and there wont be any dropoff in recruiting. But let me go ahead and warn those UK fans with flat out unrealistic expectations, you will sorely miss Rich Brooks. I have said for six years, that Rich Brooks is THE best UK coach since Bear Bryant, and what he has done with the program, bringing it from an SEC bottom feeder to a perrenial bowl team, is nothing short of a miracle. UK fans seem to forget the 3-8 and 2-9, thank you Texas State and Vanderbilt for the only win seasons, just a few years ago. Now they are a 7 and 8 win team every season. So for you 18 and 20 year old Cat fans wanting "more", your not going to get it. This is the best it will be, and it SHOULD be good enough. I think Brooks has done a 5 star job at UK. Flat out outstanding. Joker will be okay, but he wont be a Rich Brooks.

:notworthy:1:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Also found this out from a UK booster yesterday, that wshen the hal mumme situation happened Leach was used as a scapegoat.

Based on the affidavits Texas Tech released today, Leach has his own problems with the truth and with rules. No telling how far this star is going to fall.
Im a little new to this, but how does leach connect to uk football?
sportscritic Wrote:Im a little new to this, but how does leach connect to uk football?

Assistant during Mumme's regime...I believe he was the OC in 98
keep joker
BCF4L Wrote:I don't care who he sticks in a closet as long as we are winning. Same would have gone for Gillispie but he wasn't winning games. You give me a coach that is a proven winner like Leach is or at least brings an offensive scheme that is fun to watch.

How do you turn on the X Box in a game like that? And why would you trade a win for 40 points a game? You make very little sense and I am glad you are not the UK Athletic Director
really wish Brooks would release some info on the decision process I am sitting on the edge of my seat
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:really wish Brooks would release some info on the decision process I am sitting on the edge of my seat

Rumors around the media is that they're expecting news Tuesday.
Announcing today at 11 am
Joker Phillips is the right choice.