Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"We the People"---A Revolution a'Brewin?
Comedy? Perhaps the premise, but in reality, NO. Revolution is abrewin in this country.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_-L4fyLUo"]YouTube- Ray Stevens - We The People - RayStevens.com[/ame]
Another good one by Ray, he has come up with several good one's through out the years.
Old School Wrote:Another good one by Ray, he has come up with several good one's through out the years.

Comedy is not what this one is all about. Actually, Ray is dead serious with this one.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Comedy is not what this one is all about. Actually, Ray is dead serious with this one.

Ray Stevens, spokesperson for the common man... and streakers and drunken Shriners and the squirrels in churches union. Nice. "Southern White People Unite: a BLACK man is President."
thecavemaster Wrote:Ray Stevens, spokesperson for the common man... and streakers and drunken Shriners and the squirrels in churches union. Nice. "Southern White People Unite: a BLACK man is President."

Since when is someone who is 50% black and 50% white now considered black. Isn't that person just as much white as they are black?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Since when is someone who is 50% black and 50% white now considered black. Isn't that person just as much white as they are black?

To be thought of as white would not play to his advantage.....
:rockon:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Since when is someone who is 50% black and 50% white now considered black. Isn't that person just as much white as they are black?

Remember CM is no different than the other Obama groupies, they keep hanging on to the racist theory....after all it's about all they have left. :biggrin:
Here's another song titled "We The People", by Due South most of the video is from the 912 march in DC.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxVT8AZt6cA"]YouTube- "WE THE PEOPLE" - DUE SOUTH - 9-12-09 March on D.C.[/ame]
Old School Wrote:Remember CM is no different than the other Obama groupies, they keep hanging on to the racist theory....after all it's about all they have left. :biggrin:

Obama took office with an agenda and has steadily pursued it. Healthcare, economic recovery, global warming, etc. He shows up at work and seeks to move that agenda forward. That's what I voted for and I still have that left. I believe still, at this point, that November 2012 will see Obama win a second term, much closer this time, but a second term still the same.

Ask Thomas Jefferson's descendents. "My paw died in a big fine house/My maw died in a shack/Wonder where I'm gonna die/being neither white nor black." (Langston Hughes) Barack Obama identifies himself as an "African American" and is recognized as such. If that ain't good enough for you, Kimball, so be it.
thecavemaster Wrote:
Obama took office with an agenda and has steadily pursued it. Healthcare, economic recovery, global warming, etc. He shows up at work and seeks to move that agenda forward. That's what I voted for and I still have that left. I believe still, at this point, that November 2012 will see Obama win a second term, much closer this time, but a second term still the same.

Apparently that agenda was to include lying and deceiving to ramrod them thru too, wasn't it?

How about that "transparent" government that was to become the change?

or........., was it the free ride that you voted for?

There wont be enough democrats left in office for him to push anything thru, if (heaven forbid) he does make it a second term.
Communists come in all colors. There is no room for any of them in our government.
thecavemaster Wrote:Ask Thomas Jefferson's descendents. "My paw died in a big fine house/My maw died in a shack/Wonder where I'm gonna die/being neither white nor black." (Langston Hughes) Barack Obama identifies himself as an "African American" and is recognized as such. If that ain't good enough for you, Kimball, so be it.
Thomas Jefferson's decendents were also classified as mulatto, and sometimes even as white. So I guess thats shoots that one down, dont it?

Langston Hughes? lol.....Yeah boy!! I can understand him being confused. He never was even able to figure out if he was a male or if he were a female, let alone figure out what race he was. Lame example !!!!:eyeroll:

I have Cherokee blood on my maw's side, guess I'll just call myself a Native American. That's the way it works, right? Reckon I can use that for sympathetic purposes to gain some sort of an advantage on something? Hey, perhaps there's some tax advantages to that? No doubt I could use that to get another one of those free checks, too. Hmmm, now that's something to really ponder on. Thank's for the tip batman. Gotta give you credit, man you really know all the angles.

By the way, how come it's always you, and only you, that brings the race card into these discussions?
thecavemaster Wrote:Obama took office with an agenda and has steadily pursued it. Healthcare, economic recovery, global warming, etc. He shows up at work and seeks to move that agenda forward. That's what I voted for and I still have that left. I believe still, at this point, that November 2012 will see Obama win a second term, much closer this time, but a second term still the same.

No doubt that Obama had an agenda, while it was more to the left than many realized during the campagin. Obama's approval rating is lower than any other president at this point in their term. Unless something drastic happens between now and the next election he will be hard pressed to win a second term. I personally think that he will lose a lot of support from the blacks because many were expecting to have free rent, gas for their cars, food etc. after he took office.
Old School Wrote:No doubt that Obama had an agenda, while it was more to the left than many realized during the campagin. Obama's approval rating is lower than any other president at this point in their term. Unless something drastic happens between now and the next election he will be hard pressed to win a second term. I personally think that he will lose a lot of support from the blacks because many were expecting to have free rent, gas for their cars, food etc. after he took office.

Give him time OS, give him time.

If Cavemeister has that faith, why cant you?
thecavemaster Wrote:Ray Stevens, spokesperson for the common man... and streakers and drunken Shriners and the squirrels in churches union. Nice. "Southern White People Unite: a BLACK man is President."
I don't care what color he is. He's a fascist. Oh I better help you out. It's where property remains in private hands but government is in charge of production. Like when companies have to make little matchbox cars.

Suppose you conveniently forgot about this one?

We shouldn't care about the length of his hair
Or the color of his skin
Dont worry about what shows from without
But the love that lives within

Lyrics from "Everything is Beautiful" by Ray Stevens

Of course that would nullify your own racist agenda to bring this one up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryMJD9TKZQ"]YouTube- Everything Is Beautiful[/ame]
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Thomas Jefferson's decendents were also classified as mulatto, and sometimes even as white. So I guess thats shoots that one down, dont it?

Langston Hughes? lol.....Yeah boy!! I can understand him being confused. He never was even able to figure out if he was a male or if he were a female, let alone figure out what race he was. Lame example !!!!:eyeroll:

I have Cherokee blood on my maw's side, guess I'll just call myself a Native American. That's the way it works, right? Reckon I can use that for sympathetic purposes to gain some sort of an advantage on something? Hey, perhaps there's some tax advantages to that? No doubt I could use that to get another one of those free checks, too. Hmmm, now that's something to really ponder on. Thank's for the tip batman. Gotta give you credit, man you really know all the angles.

By the way, how come it's always you, and only you, that brings the race card into these discussions?

Of course, Kimball, we all know that race is never, oh no never, an undertone, not spoken overtly. Can you think of another word for ridiculously literal minded? As for Langston Hughes: I did not know his sexual orientation was needed to interpret the poem. You're a new, old kind of literary critic Kimball.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Suppose you conveniently forgot about this one?

We shouldn't care about the length of his hair
Or the color of his skin
Dont worry about what shows from without
But the love that lives within

Lyrics from "Everything is Beautiful" by Ray Stevens

Of course that would nullify your own racist agenda to bring this one up.

Your need to believe is strong, Obidumbdinobie, your need to believe is strong.
thecavemaster Wrote:Your need to believe is strong, Obidumbdinobie, your need to believe is strong.

Just tellin it like it is batman. I know that's a tough pill for you to swallow.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just tellin it like it is batman. I know that's a tough pill for you to swallow.

Of course, that assumes you know it like it is. Barack Obama a fascist? a Communist? That's the way you see it? Ray Stevens, a man with his hand on the pulse of the nation? That's the way you see it? A horse couldn't swallow that pill.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Give him time OS, give him time.

If Cavemeister has that faith, why cant you?

Of course, the "free rent, free gas" comment has nothing to do with the "welfare Black Queen Cadillac," which had nothing to do with an overt race-based appeal. Of course.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Apparently that agenda was to include lying and deceiving to ramrod them thru too, wasn't it?

How about that "transparent" government that was to become the change?

or........., was it the free ride that you voted for?

There wont be enough democrats left in office for him to push anything thru, if (heaven forbid) he does make it a second term.

Kimball, every person that's poor isn't on a "free ride." I think Obama had to get tougher. Mitch McConnell is not interested in bipartisanship any more than Harry Reid is. "Bipartisanship"... when people who disagree with me generally do what I want specifically....
thecavemaster Wrote:Of course, Kimball, we all know that race is never, oh no never, an undertone, not spoken overtly. Can you think of another word for ridiculously literal minded? As for Langston Hughes: I did not know his sexual orientation was needed to interpret the poem. You're a new, old kind of literary critic Kimball.

Boy, I sure figured I would get something better than that, but I guess when you go nothin , you got nothin. I still expected more of the same ole, same ole meaningless mumbo jumbo though. Really kind of diasapointed to tell the truth.

Cry wolf, cry wolf, cry wolf. It gets old batman.

Hey, on a side note. I'll bet your so very proud of your guys and gals in the Homeland Defense Dept. I know that I'm really feeling so much safer this morning just knowing that Big Brother is looking out for me. It's a real comfort knowing the system worked, aint it batman? lol
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Boy, I sure figured I would get something better than that, but I guess when you go nothin , you got nothin. I still expected more of the same ole, same ole meaningless mumbo jumbo though. Really kind of diasapointed to tell the truth.

Cry wolf, cry wolf, cry wolf. It gets old batman.

Hey, on a side note. I'll bet your so very proud of your guys and gals in the Homeland Defense Dept. I know that I'm really feeling so much safer this morning just knowing that Big Brother is looking out for me. It's a real comfort knowing the system worked, aint it batman? lol

You're old; I'm old; yada, yada, yada. Barack Obama is seeking to enact the primary legislative agenda he ran on. You didn't vote for him, no surprise you hate it. If the economy gets better, 2012 will wreck your neo-con wet dream. If it doesn't, you'll probably get to crow on hear like a magpie. So be it.
thecavemaster Wrote:Of course, that assumes you know it like it is. Barack Obama a fascist? a Communist? That's the way you see it? Ray Stevens, a man with his hand on the pulse of the nation? That's the way you see it? A horse couldn't swallow that pill.

No need to put question marks there batman. I didn't stutter.

Hand on the pulse of the nation? It's pitiful that a professional comedian has a better grasp of what the wants and wishes of the American public are than what your "gods" in Washington do. But your "gods" do know, they just dont care.
thecavemaster Wrote:Of course, the "free rent, free gas" comment has nothing to do with the "welfare Black Queen Cadillac," which had nothing to do with an overt race-based appeal. Of course.

Well, knowing Old School since we have been kids, going back almost 40 years now, I can guarantee(I'll do better than that, I promise) you 100% that there was not an ounce of racial connotation.
thecavemaster Wrote:Kimball, every person that's poor isn't on a "free ride." I think Obama had to get tougher. Mitch McConnell is not interested in bipartisanship any more than Harry Reid is. "Bipartisanship"... when people who disagree with me generally do what I want specifically....

That's true. There still are a few people that are not standing there with their hands stuck out , wanting something for nothing. They'll work for whatever they have and feel blessed that they have what they do. There are still a few people left in this country that still have a little pride in themselves. Thank God for the Robert C. Byrds though, huh?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:No need to put question marks there batman. I didn't stutter.

Hand on the pulse of the nation? It's pitiful that a professional comedian has a better grasp of what the wants and wishes of the American public are than what your "gods" in Washington do. But your "gods" do know, they just dont care.

"gods"? Men and women, Kimball, men and women... most of them trying to do as good a job as they can in a convoluted, money-soaked system. I don't believe Obama is a fascist (pretty serious accusation), nor do I think him a Communist. Barack Obama is not Stalin or Mussolini... that's insulting and renders you comical lecturing about "wolf" and the like.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That's true. There still are a few people that are not standing there with their hands stuck out , wanting something for nothing. They'll work for whatever they have and feel blessed that they have what they do. There are still a few people left in this country that still have a little pride in themselves. Thank God for the Robert C. Byrds though, huh?

There's more than a few, Kimball.