Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl 2005
i think it will be a ruff start for pikeville wiht NCC then on the rode at corbin
Definately a tough start.....
How true is the rumor that Belfry will play on Friday and Pikeville will play on Saturday this year?

Thats the story I heard through the grapevine. Anybody from Pikeville or Pond Creek able to shed some light on that?
Can't really say right now.... I'd say belfry may play on friday, so everyone will go there to see their new field and such, but we can only wait and see how things will work out
Always enjoyed going to the games, especially Saturday night so I could see what big dogs are brought into the area and they are usually the best to watch. As for NCC this season, rumor has it that they are going to be loaded once again and should be the best team in region 3. Could be a preview of the state semi's which would be played at region 3 this coming season. I'd like to see Belfry play Beechie-Tech or Lloyd.
i hope the Friday night games are somewhere else other than SV. they have been there for the past 4 years
I would think that belfry and pikeville would NOT play again for the second time in a row for this year. Pikeville is for sure playing Newport Central Catholic.... http://www.pikevillefootball.com .....go to the schedule link.
Pikeville and Belfry have never played each other in the PCB, panthermania. They have always played on the same night, but against different opponents.

However there seems to be a lot of rumors floating around that they will not play on the same night this year. But nobody has confirmed that yet, I guess time will tell.
My Fault...Don't know what i was thinking....
Right now Valley has 2nd best feild in pike county, but if i would have to pic it would be at Pikeville! Bank would make good money there and plus more ppl would come!
IMO Valley does not have the second best field in the county.
As it stands, They DO have the second best field...Once belfry gets finished, They will have the third....
The best comlex you have, either way, IT IS HAMBLEY. No other way, with our Box, Turf Field, and HuGe stands. It will be A LONG TIME till ANYONE beats our Complex!!!!!
Well I'm not trying to be smart or anything but the only reason Pikeville got that nice of a field is because Pikeville College plays there to.
belfry plays henry clay at belfry
BelfryPride Wrote:Beechwood was by far better than NCC last year....I got a chance to see them in action against Danville in the Class A Title game....WOW !
You obviously did not get to see Newport Catholic play last year, or get to see/hear about the Newport Catholic/Beechwood games this past season.

Newport Catholic, by the admission of most people out of NKY, and even those from the Beechwood community, was the more talented team last season - over Beechwood. With the exception of the running back position, that is, as Dustin Menetrey was an absolute animal.

Coach Yeagle was the deciding factor between those two teams...
shelby valley would have the best faclity even counting the turf if they had a grounds crew that kept the grass and stand in good condition because and as far as pikeville huge stands valleys away side is probably the same size and the home stands is as big as any ive seen besides bretthitt and some teams down state