Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xavier 83 - (19) Cincinnati 79 (Double OT)
In another classic crosstown shootout, the underdog wins again. All the hoopla goes the to dUKe/UNC battles as the top basketball rivalries, but it's hard to say their is any match-up any better than when these two teams hook-up.

Freshman Lance Stephonson looked great for UC, but it was poor freethrow shooting that did the Cats in, shooting 10-22. They had chances to win the game in regulation if they could have hit their free-throws. Xavier on the otherhand hit freethrows down the stretch, and finished the nights scoring with 4 straight freethrows to create the final margin.

Seems like in years past, the winner of this game has went on a tear, while the loser goes on a tailspin. Fun game, as always.
good to see Xavier get back on track
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's always a great game when these two teams get together no matter how much better or worse one is to the other! Both teams always pick up their level of play for this rivalry! Great game!! Congrats to Xavier!
Does Jordan Crawford play for Xavier?
gah i hate seein my other cats go down. my original cats. UC is first, Kentucky 2nd. memphis 3rd. anyway, i cant remember the last time UC won this battle. this hurts.
lwc Wrote:Does Jordan Crawford play for Xavier?

Yeah, he's their best player!!
memphistiger Wrote:gah i hate seein my other cats go down. my original cats. UC is first, Kentucky 2nd. memphis 3rd. anyway, i cant remember the last time UC won this battle. this hurts.

Cincy beat them 67-57 in the 06/07 season
You can't win on the D1 level when you shoot 45% from the line!
^ Amen to that