Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings 30 - Bengals 10
Poor showing against a playoff team, a team that you would expect to be able to compete against if you are a Division leader.

Stat of the day: 11 Penalties for 85 yards. You probably can know where the game is headed when you have four penalties on their first drive before they even punt.

Defense did not play as bad as the score dictated. Cornerbacks Joseph and Hall played outstanding football today. Yet another Bengal defender goes down to injury as they lose Crocker. Though the Defense gave up over 130 yards rushing, most of it was on two plays that Peterson broke free on.

Chad caught his TD, but did not do any celebrating that could have added to his already $65,000 in fines so far this season. In a tremendous shot that he took in the 3rd quarter, Chad was the recipient of a nasty looking broken nose. Chad finished with 3 catches for 27 yards and 1 TD.

Carson, just looks worse every week he steps out on the field. Up to the 3:00 minute mark in the game, Carson was 15-25 for 94 yards. Missing receivers bad, and not making good decisions.

Still no deep threat. The longest reception was for 15 yards.

Benson got 96 yards on 16 carries. Not bad against the Vikings who only give up 87 yards rushing per game. Larry Johnson, who was supposed to get more reps this week, look sluggish on the 3 carries he did get, for 4 yards.

The Bengals came into the season with three away games on their schedule in locations that they have never won. The Raiders, where the Bengals lost a few weeks ago. A loss in Minnesota today. Now they head to San Diego next week where they are winless.

Are the Bengals a legit playoff team, or frauds?
Another good game by Benson, but Palmer just never seemed to get into a rythm. He has not been the Pro Bowl quarterback he once was. Plus we killed ourselves with penalties early on.

I also have no idea what Marvin Lewis was doing at the end of the first half, if you're going to kill the clock, then kill the clock, if you're going to try to score, then stop the clock and try to score.

Overall a bad showing by the Bengals. I don't know if I expected to win, but I expected a better game. Defense played pretty well though.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Another good game by Benson, but Palmer just never seemed to get into a rythm. He has not been the Pro Bowl quarterback he once was. Plus we killed ourselves with penalties early on.

I also have no idea what Marvin Lewis was doing at the end of the first half, if you're going to kill the clock, then kill the clock, if you're going to try to score, then stop the clock and try to score.

Overall a bad showing by the Bengals. I don't know if I expected to win, but I expected a better game. Defense played pretty well though.

I think that's where I am at as well. I can't really say that I thought the Bengals would win, but I did expect a playoff caliber game. What I saw was a playoff team against a team that has not proved they deserve a playoff spot. Watching San Diego's defense right now against the Cowboys, I don't expect much of a different outcome next week.
Unfortunately, I was expecting the Bengals to lose this game but i expected better play from them and a closer game!
Okay, and I am not saying this because Im a bitter Steelers fan, but I honestly think this is a sign of things to come for Cincy for the remainder of the season. I dont see them making any noise in the playoffs either..Theyve got the division wrapped up, but they wont make it past the first round of the playoffs..If they happen to play Baltimore again in the playoffs, its curtains for the Bengals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Okay, and I am not saying this because Im a bitter Steelers fan, but I honestly think this is a sign of things to come for Cincy for the remainder of the season. I dont see them making any noise in the playoffs either..Theyve got the division wrapped up, but they wont make it past the first round of the playoffs..If they happen to play Baltimore again in the playoffs, its curtains for the Bengals.

The Ravens are definitely playing better football than the Bengals of late. But I think Marvin Lewis can turn this around and get this offense to click again. Zimmer is doing a great job with this defense. If the offense, particularly Palmer, Benson is doing great, plays like they are capable, the Bengals will make noise in the playoffs, possibly making it to the AFC championship game.
Bengals are just a average football team. The AFC North is horrible this year, and if the Bengals hold on and make the playoffs they will be one and done.
Did Palmer finish with over 100 passing yards for the game?
OORAH Wrote:Bengals are just a average football team. The AFC North is horrible this year, and if the Bengals hold on and make the playoffs they will be one and done.

I disagree. If the season ended now, they would be facing Jacksonville in the first round. I think they would win that game. But right now, they are an average team; at the start of the season they were among the best though. They need to get back there.
I hate that Cincy lost, but I'm glad AP got back on track for my fantasy team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who Dey? LMAO.
OORAH Wrote:Did Palmer finish with over 100 passing yards for the game?

I think it was 94, his third lowest since joining the NFL.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Okay, and I am not saying this because Im a bitter Steelers fan, but I honestly think this is a sign of things to come for Cincy for the remainder of the season. I dont see them making any noise in the playoffs either..Theyve got the division wrapped up, but they wont make it past the first round of the playoffs..If they happen to play Baltimore again in the playoffs, its curtains for the Bengals.

I think it would depend on the first-round matchup. I would love to see us rematch with Denver, or meet up with either Jacksonville or Miami.

On the other hand, I don't want to have to play Baltimore (or Pittsburgh for that matter, if they can squeeze into the playoffs). These teams are too familiar with each other, and it's hard to beat a team three times in one year.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I think it would depend on the first-round matchup. I would love to see us rematch with Denver, or meet up with either Jacksonville or Miami.

On the other hand, I don't want to have to play Baltimore (or Pittsburgh for that matter, if they can squeeze into the playoffs). These teams are too familiar with each other, and it's hard to beat a team three times in one year.
In all fairness that wasnt really a knock on Cincy. I think Baltimore has clicked and is playing some good football, and I dont see Cincy beating them three straight. I dont think they would beat Denver either. Jacksonville, yeah I believe they would beat..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:In all fairness that wasnt really a knock on Cincy. I think Baltimore has clicked and is playing some good football, and I dont see Cincy beating them three straight. I dont think they would beat Denver either. Jacksonville, yeah I believe they would beat..

I just haven't been impressed with Denver. If we meet up with them again, I think Cincy wins by 10 points.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]