Poll: Is Kentucky the best team in the nation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
59.57%
No
40.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kentucky the best team in the nation?
Kentucky is the best team in the nation right now.... but later on in the season Kentucky will get even better.
Not yet. Right now Kansas is just on another level. Kentucky still has A LOT of growing up to do. Could they be the best by March? Yes. But they have a lot to work on, specificall turnovers and putting teams away when they have the chance.
Possibly??
I say Texas Syracuse, NOVA, then UK, then Kansas
theVILLE Wrote:Possibly??
I say Texas Syracuse, NOVA, then UK, then Kansas

Based on normal ranking process, how could you rank Nova higer after a loss? That makes ZERO sense!
Stardust Wrote:Based on normal ranking process, how could you rank Nova higer after a loss? That makes ZERO sense!

I was not aware that NOVA got beat
theVILLE Wrote:I was not aware that NOVA got beat

Now that does not surprise me at all! :Clap:
:thatsfunn
Temple beat NOVA shocking...I still say cuse is
If we can grade on potential I would say that we have the best team in the nation. But it is early dec. and I am still not completely sure on how good the jayhawks are. I would love to see a matchup that can help decide this. KU vs UT in a few weeks.
Are they a Kansas that goes out and crushes everybody? Probably not. But what they are is a team that has that killer instinct and winning drive that propels them past bad nights or nights when the other team plays out of their shoes. UK has beaten quality teams so far this year and I believe are playing to about 75-80% of their ability right now. I can't see why they are ranked as low as they are personally. They should be no lower than 2 for the rest of the year and I could argue that they are #1. But if you're the top dog you tend to get hunted so I don't care what they're ranked right now, at the end of the tourney coach cal will be cutting down his first nets and another banner will be on order for Rupp.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:If we can grade on potential I would say that we have the best team in the nation. But it is early dec. and I am still not completely sure on how good the jayhawks are. I would love to see a matchup that can help decide this. KU vs UT in a few weeks.

Why grade it on potential. Grade it right now, based on what they have done. These rankings are based on what they have accomplished, not what may happen in March.
Stardust Wrote:Why grade it on potential. Grade it right now, based on what they have done. These rankings are based on what they have accomplished, not what may happen in March.

Agreed. Bad post on my part. If I had to go by the resume, then yes I would say UK but I really do not think that we have hit the peak in order to hang with Kansas. Kansas has not done as much to earn the 1 spot but I do believe that Kansas should be number 1 until they lose. So if I had to go by what each team has done so far then yes I would go with Kentucky (Im sure you will agree that we still have a lot of growing and developing to do).
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Agreed. Bad post on my part. If I had to go by the resume, then yes I would say UK but I really do not think that we have hit the peak in order to hang with Kansas. Kansas has not done as much to earn the 1 spot but I do believe that Kansas should be number 1 until they lose. So if I had to go by what each team has done so far then yes I would go with Kentucky (Im sure you will agree that we still have a lot of growing and developing to do).

Absolutely. And I don't think they have come close to their peak. Dodson has yet to develop. Bledsoe started to look like what we hoped for in the last game. Cousins actually played a halfway intelligent game. Orton will only get better with time, but is still a solid defensive presence underneath. I agree with Kansas. I even give due to Texas. I'm OK with the #3 based on right now. We will lose, and due to the youth of this team, it would not be surprising that a loss will affect their next game. They have learned how to win. At this stage, they have no idea how to rebound from a loss. So, it will not surprise me at all that when this team does lose, they very well could lose the next game as well. That is when we should see this team fully mature. Once they no how to rebound from something negative, they will then know how to avoid it in the future. Bottomline, I am hopeful that they will have learned the lessons that they NEED to learn, before we get to tournament time.

Biggest concern of mine, what happens to this team if (God Forbid) something happened to Wall. They literally rely on him too much. When Wall is not on the floor, they are no better than an average team. Should Wall tweak an ankle and have to sit, this team is not yet ready for another leader based on what they have shown thusfar when Wall is not on the floor.
I really think that the development of Bledsoe is such a big key. If wall would need to sit a game, I believe that Bledsoe will grow over the next month and become an excellent pg. backup to wall.
They have a great young team , but think they have a ways to go to be # 1 .
Not #1 yet, but imo the CATS are on thir way to it if they continue to improve. Can't wait til March! GO CATS!!
UK deff. deserves the #1 ranking considering neithier Kansas or Texas have played anyone in the top 25, but oh well, UK will eventually get it, and wether all the UK haters want to admit it or not UK is the best team playing basketball right now and should/will be considered the best unless they are some how beaten out of the tournament come march or some how manage to start losing alot of games before then, but I don't see that happening as long as everyone stays healthy and they dont let the hype blow there heads up, so with that being said.... OHHHHHH C A T S CATS CATS CATS!!!!!
Big blue is #1 in my book, go cats