Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region final - Betsy Layne vs. Dorton
B.L. played a little sloppy but showed how good they can really be. Dorton showed me they can beat Virgie any night, I honestly believe Dorton is a better team because they played really sloppy at times tonight and Belter missed some easy shots.
Nice job randy

what time do you play tomorrow?
bball_fan Wrote:B.L. played a little sloppy but showed how good they can really be. Dorton showed me they can beat Virgie any night, I honestly believe Dorton is a better team because they played really sloppy at times tonight and Belter missed some easy shots.

Coach Rowe was not there. Also I heard owen had 25 pts but only 5 in the first half. What happen from there?
bball_fan Wrote:B.L. played a little sloppy but showed how good they can really be. Dorton showed me they can beat Virgie any night, I honestly believe Dorton is a better team because they played really sloppy at times tonight and Belter missed some easy shots.

I have to agree with bball fan on this one. One of Virgie's player got T up for the foul mouth. Good win for Dorton.:flame:

:Thumbs: BL , finally got over the JC hump, ( great job boys, both teams played well, ..... ) Hats off to Dorton they play hard, and , they're well coached..... Sets up a great final between BL and Dorton.... Tip off at 7:30 Friday night !!!!!! Good luck to both teams, play hard, and stay healthy.... ( The Expo Center is a great site , for these young men to compete in !! ) :1:
Congrats on two big wins. Just goes to show what can happen at a neutral site. Good luck Dorton.
Congrats Bobcats !
Cubcoach Wrote:Nice job randy

what time do you play tomorrow?

Thanks Coach. I just hope we have something left for tomorrow. Betsy Layne is extremely impressive. Their defense can be stifling at times.
didnt Cody have 25 Owen had something like 17 or 19? could you post scores Coach?
Coach could you just start a new post with the scores?
This should be another good game if both teams come to play, BL beat a very good JC team and Dorton beat a good Virgie team tonight. I honestly think that almost everyone thought it would be JC and Virgie or BL and Virgie in the championship(I know Eagles fans and players did) but surprise, surprise that's why they play the game. Good luck tomorrow Dorton play hard and play to win remember it's not over because you beat Virgie even though it feels good.:Thumbs:
LadyCat12 Wrote:Coach could you just start a new post with the scores?

I've posted them on another thread.
justabballfan Wrote:This should be another good game if both teams come to play, BL beat a very good JC team and Dorton beat a good Virgie team tonight. I honestly think that almost everyone thought it would be JC and Virgie or BL and Virgie in the championship(I know Eagles fans and players did) but surprise, surprise that's why they play the game. Good luck tomorrow Dorton play hard and play to win remember it's not over because you beat Virgie even though it feels good.:Thumbs:

That will be my task tomorrow--trying to get them to let tonight's game go and get prepared for Betsy Layne. Hopefully they'll be mentally tough enough to get focused on the Bobcats.
I honestly believe Belter will have to carry the load for Dorton tomorrow because Owen Caudill will have the best on the ball defender around here guarding him, Chase Hall. He guards the best of the best everytime they play a good team and he shuts them all down. Someone else from Dorton will have to step up. Jesse Lucas is a great point guard, but Betsy Layne's press is the best there is. All of them are long, all of them are really quick, all of them love to back tap and they are extremely unselfish. If Dorton does not break the press on a regular basis, Betsy Layne could end up winning this one by 20 or 30. If they break it and can get Belter the ball, which will be harder to do tomorrow night then ever before, they have a chance. I love coach Davis, I believe he can get the most out of his team but when it comes to Pike and Floyd Counties, Betsy Layne is in another league when they show, that is why there one of the best in the state...beating Johnson Central tonight proves it.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:That will be my task tomorrow--trying to get them to let tonight's game go and get prepared for Betsy Layne. Hopefully they'll be mentally tough enough to get focused on the Bobcats.

Yea, I hope there is no let down and hopefully they will come out and play with a little fire against BL because I know the potential is there. You're doing a fine job with these boys so keep up the solid work and maybe some of these close ones in the past are starting to pay off because they looked pretty good tonight and showed alot of heart.
Good luck to both teams
well bball_fan Johnson Central figured out this press and Hall never shut them down! But i do agree that BL is a dangerous team and so is Dorton with Belter! All depends on if the refs let them play. If the refs don't start calling over the back on Belter i am sure BL will see a big dose of him. If Belter goes out the game pretty much goes out. But then again if Dylan or Chase get into foul trouble it could be a long night for BL.

Show up tonight and lets see what happens.
Betsy Layne by 8 or more.
Kimper Fan Wrote:Congrats on two big wins. Just goes to show what can happen at a neutral site. Good luck Dorton.
Lets make that 3 big wins, Dorton. Go Wildcats!
Congrats to BL on the big win, Dorton really is making some huge strides. This will be a interesting game, Have these 2 teams ever played in the past?