3. Corbin
4. Perry Central
5. Clay County
6. Hazard
7. South Laurel
8. Lawrence County
9. Knox Central
10. Johnson Central
This is always fun to watch. Was curious as to why Perry's players didn't have any interviews (or none that aired anyway)
I like Knott Central at number 1.
Knott Central could very well be the best team but Shelby Valley is a proven winner with most of their team back from last year. You have to prove your worth not assume it.
13th Region is represented well in the top ten. Should be an exciting year :popcorn:
Buckhorn ???????
bobcatbball Wrote:I like Knott Central at number 1.

Lol.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Knott Central could very well be the best team but Shelby Valley is a proven winner with most of their team back from last year. You have to prove your worth not assume it.

Lol.
1. SV
2. Perry
3. Corbin
4. Clay
5. Knott
6. Horn
7. Hazard
1.SV
2.KCC
3.PCC
4.Corbin
5.Clay
6.Hazard
Xerxes Wrote:Buckhorn ???????

Didn't Buckhorn beat South Laurel last week?
yea buckhorn won 76-67
aslan Wrote:1. Sv
2. Perry
3. Corbin
4. Clay
5. Knott
6. Horn
7. Hazard

wow
Where is Buckhorn? They beat South Laurel by 9!
theVILLE Wrote:wow

What Knott not number one? Sorry, not buying the hype.
Aslan Wrote:What Knott not number one? Sorry, not buying the hype.

Why buy the hype of PCC then?
Until Valley loses, the don't move.
theVILLE Wrote:Why buy the hype of PCC then?

They usually live up to it unlike Knott. Also theres much more hype surrounding Knott than Perry. Knott just simply can't live up to it.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Until Valley loses, the don't move.

Concur.
I would say this is a pre-season poll. I would look for a new one to be out this Friday.
these rankings, most likely, are gonna change a lot. with Perry playing Valley 1 in reg. season and most likely once in wymt classic. And Knott 3-4 times. and Knott possibly playing Valley in wymt classic.

Here's my rankings
1. Shelby Valley
2. Perry Central
3. Knott Central
4. Corbin
5. Clay
6. Hazard
7. Buckhorn
Wh o was the last Mountain Team to beat Shelby Valley?
Captain Crook Wrote:Who was the last Mountain Team to beat Shelby Valley?
SV lost to Knott Central...December 08 at North Laurel
SV lost to Paintsville in March '08
SV lost to Pikeville in January '08
Aslan Wrote:1. SV
2. Perry
3. Corbin
4. Clay
5. Knott
6. Horn
7. Hazard

:Clap::igiveup:

The most unbiased poster on the site everyone. :notworthy
Aslan Wrote:They usually live up to it unlike Knott. Also theres much more hype surrounding Knott than Perry. Knott just simply can't live up to it.

We've barely begun the season? Mufasa, what are you talking about?

Do you even know one thing about high school basketball?

If there's any hype not to be bought, it's Perry Central. What do they have? Name me one player besides Jordan Amis and Tyler Mullins that is going to make a difference.

Deron Amis was the grit and toughness of this team last year and Klay Maggard was the heart and soul. How do you people think that is going to be so easily replaced?

If we're talking about who's hype is one to pass on, I would pick Perry over Knott 100 times out of 100.

Keep in mind, this is coming from an unbiased poster that has no ties to either school nor gives two craps what happens to either team.
middlesboroalumni Wrote:we've barely begun the season? Mufasa, what are you talking about?

If there's any hype not to be bought, it's perry central. What do they have? Name me one player besides jordan amis and tyler mullins that is going to make a difference.

Deron amis was the grit and toughness of this team last year and klay maggard was the heart and soul. How do you people think that is going to be so easily replaced?

If we're talking about who's hype is one to pass on, i would pick perry over knott 100 times out of 100.

Keep in mind, this is coming from an unbiased poster that has no ties to either school nor gives two craps what happens to either team.

zing
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:We've barely begun the season? Mufasa, what are you talking about?

If there's any hype not to be bought, it's Perry Central. What do they have? Name me one player besides Jordan Amis and Tyler Mullins that is going to make a difference.

Deron Amis was the grit and toughness of this team last year and Klay Maggard was the heart and soul. How do you people think that is going to be so easily replaced?

If we're talking about who's hype is one to pass on, I would pick Perry over Knott 100 times out of 100.

That's weird you have no ties to either school because you seem to get pretty torn up when someone mentions anything about either of them
king360 Wrote:That's weird you have no ties to either school because you seem to get pretty torn up when someone mentions anything about either of them

Maybe he is just sick of all this like everyone else is. :confused:

I would love to see one thread abt KCC this season that does not mention PCC anywhere in it. That's my goal to look for. But for some reason I don't think it will happen.

But congrats to the Patriots for being ranked no. 2 pre-season!
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:We've barely begun the season? Mufasa, what are you talking about?

i dont know where your getting that amis was the grit and toughness of the team? he averaged about 3ppg. he was the second best defensive player on the team though. all the toughness comes from jordan amis, who plays with more heart than anyone you will ever see. klay maggard was a big part of the time and is harder to replace but it can be done. martin from hazard has came in and played well and put good numbers up and salyers has taken the another starting spot and put up the numbers he needs to.

knott is the one who has the new coach which has everyone wondering if he can lead them to rupp. they also have stamper and cox, best backcourt duo in the region, but will one of them ever try to outplay the other and cost them any games. the only thing i hear people say about pcc is if they are going to rupp it is going to have to be this year with 5 starting seniors. theyve been runner up the last 2 yrs and if they cant do it this year, then i give up on them.

You obviously don't know anything about Perry Central if you think Deron Amis was the grit and toughness of the team last year. He contributed very little comparted to his junior year. Did you even watch Perry play? Klay will be tough to replace, but after that statement its clear you didnt watch a single Perry Central game last year. You really have no idea what your talking about, don't act like you know a thing about basketball because you don't.
And your really passionate about hating on Perry to be unbiased.