Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne at the Expo....
how did the Bobcats do? I know Dillion was out and so was Peyton...How did the other games fair up?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Recznik Wrote:how did the Bobcats do? I know Dillion was out and so was Peyton...How did the other games fair up?

They both warmed up, But I left before the game started.
Isn't Hamilton #25 and Case #34? If so, they both played. It was a very good game. #24 from AC was very impressive.
Recznik Wrote:how did the Bobcats do? I know Dillion was out and so was Peyton...How did the other games fair up?

:flush: Flush this game down the toilet, we , played horrible...... Dylan didn't play, (#10, still down with the ankle..... ), Peyton played some, in the second half, as a group they played horrible, but , a win is a win..... In these tournament settings, it's , win and move on ..... Let's get healthy, and things will come together......:flush:
Saratoga_86 Wrote::flush: Flush this game down the toilet, we , played horrible...... Dylan didn't play, (#10, still down with the ankle..... ), Peyton played some, in the second half, as a group they played horrible, but , a win is a win..... In these tournament settings, it's , win and move on ..... Let's get healthy, and things will come together......:flush:

with key players out and still win is good to hear...GOBIGBLUE...
Was this game played in ot.
No, didn't go into overtime. The Bobcats pulled the game out in the fourth quarter with a 9 point win.

Go Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A win is a WIN.
How good is Betsy Layne??? Allen Central with Thornsberry back can beat anyone I believe and Betsy Layne beat them without, in my opinion, the best player middle school player in the 15th region, maybe the mountains on the court. Also, I have been told Peyton has a hurt back. That is easily two of the three best players in this area, only person I would say that really compares to them is Dylan Meade.
How good is Betsy Layne??? Allen Central with Thornsberry back can beat anyone I
Besty Layne is good. No one hear has said they were bad.

But while Dylan Meade is good i am not sure hes the only player who compares to them. Come on bball_fan. I know you coach Meade but how about Justice and Miller from Feds Creek? Or Richardson and Newsome from Virgie? or Fields from Elkhorn City? Belter and Caudill from Dorton? This just a few good players! These guys all do special things for their teams and to me have to be considered for best players in the area.
:popcorn:
Woooo Wrote:How good is Betsy Layne??? Allen Central with Thornsberry back can beat anyone I
Besty Layne is good. No one hear has said they were bad.

But while Dylan Meade is good i am not sure hes the only player who compares to them. Come on bball_fan. I know you coach Meade but how about Justice and Miller from Feds Creek? Or Richardson and Newsome from Virgie? or Fields from Elkhorn City? Belter and Caudill from Dorton? This just a few good players! These guys all do special things for their teams and to me have to be considered for best players in the area.

From what I have seen this year, Cameron Justice is a great player but he doesn't shoot the ball...not saying that he can't but I haven't seen him do it. Johnny is good but I don't think he is compared to peyton, dylan and dylan. richardson i could see him being close, but I haven't seen him enough to know for myself. Newsome and Belter, they are big! how good would they be if they was 6'0? Caudill and Fields, I haven't seen at all! I go by what I know. Yes all of these boys are good, and yes I would gladly take any of them any day of the week. But in my opinion, Dylan Meade, Dylan Hamilton and Peyton Case are the best of the best around here. They all can handle the ball extremely good, they can get to the rack with ease and finish, they shoot the ball from anywhere on the court, they play great defense! Scariest part is, these boys could one day be on a team together...doubtful but anything is possible! Not to mention, the best on the ball defender in the 15th region (Chase Hall) plays with Peyton and Dylan H. And honestly, if you want to throw players in this area into that, lets call them 5 star players, where is Tyler Daniels from South Floyd? Jr. Handshoe and Cody Thornsberry from Allen Central? The two boys from Adams whose names I forget. All of these guys are really talented! This area is LOADED with talent but in my opinion the best three are Meade, Case and Hamilton because they can do the most!
bball_fan Wrote:From what I have seen this year, Cameron Justice is a great player but he doesn't shoot the ball...not saying that he can't but I haven't seen him do it. Johnny is good but I don't think he is compared to peyton, dylan and dylan. richardson i could see him being close, but I haven't seen him enough to know for myself. Newsome and Belter, they are big! how good would they be if they was 6'0? Caudill and Fields, I haven't seen at all! I go by what I know. Yes all of these boys are good, and yes I would gladly take any of them any day of the week. But in my opinion, Dylan Meade, Dylan Hamilton and Peyton Case are the best of the best around here. They all can handle the ball extremely good, they can get to the rack with ease and finish, they shoot the ball from anywhere on the court, they play great defense! Scariest part is, these boys could one day be on a team together...doubtful but anything is possible! Not to mention, the best on the ball defender in the 15th region (Chase Hall) plays with Peyton and Dylan H. And honestly, if you want to throw players in this area into that, lets call them 5 star players, where is Tyler Daniels from South Floyd? Jr. Handshoe and Cody Thornsberry from Allen Central? The two boys from Adams whose names I forget. All of these guys are really talented! This area is LOADED with talent but in my opinion the best three are Meade, Case and Hamilton because they can do the most!

How good would Shaq be if he's 6'0?

Fact is Belter is like 6'9 and he's not going to shrink, so teams are gonna have to live with it. Newsome is also a hoss, and may get an inch or two taller himself, plus alot stronger with a weight program.

Hamilton, Case, and Meade are good ball-handlers, but not HS level ball-handlers just yet. Not extremely good. Neither of those can get to the rim with ease, but they can get to the rim often. Hamilton is not a shooter, specially not outside shooter. But, Hamilton is the overall better player.

What players do in middle school, have NOTHING to do with high school.

Your 5'10 or taller with any talent in Middle School. Around here you can be very dangerous, but when you move to the HS ranks and the PG's are about 5'10 and Centers are usually 6-5 or taller with everyone else being around 6'2 or taller. Stronger, Faster,etc....Unless you work alot on your game and get stronger, Middle School success does not transfer so easily.
Meade is not a high school level ball handler...ask Hobo from Pike Central how good the boy is.
uhavenoidea Wrote:How good would Shaq be if he's 6'0?

Fact is Belter is like 6'9 and he's not going to shrink, so teams are gonna have to live with it. Newsome is also a hoss, and may get an inch or two taller himself, plus alot stronger with a weight program.

Hamilton, Case, and Meade are good ball-handlers, but not HS level ball-handlers just yet. Not extremely good. Neither of those can get to the rim with ease, but they can get to the rim often. Hamilton is not a shooter, specially not outside shooter. But, Hamilton is the overall better player.

What players do in middle school, have NOTHING to do with high school.

Your 5'10 or taller with any talent in Middle School. Around here you can be very dangerous, but when you move to the HS ranks and the PG's are about 5'10 and Centers are usually 6-5 or taller with everyone else being around 6'2 or taller. Stronger, Faster,etc....Unless you work alot on your game and get stronger, Middle School success does not transfer so easily.

[COLOR="Blue"]Will you please let these kids enjoy there time in middle school before comparing them to high school LEVEL players. I also think that the things that these kids learn as far fundamentals and teamwork are very important to there high school careers. Whether this is BL or SFMS or anywhere else these things are very important and do have alot to do with the high school game. Success almost never comes easy in whatever your doing, theres always someone doing hard work behind the scenes. Just my thoughts.

Thanks, Coach Howard [/COLOR]
bball_fan Wrote:Meade is not a high school level ball handler...ask Hobo from Pike Central how good the boy is.

And that means?

Hobo is an offensive stud, not seen much from him on the defensive end.

Don't get me wrong, I think Meade is a fine fine, middle school basketball player.
scbmike1 Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]Will you please let these kids enjoy there time in middle school before comparing them to high school LEVEL players. I also think that the things that these kids learn as far fundamentals and teamwork are very important to there high school careers. Whether this is BL or SFMS or anywhere else these things are very important and do have alot to do with the high school game. Success almost never comes easy in whatever your doing, theres always someone doing hard work behind the scenes. Just my thoughts.

Thanks, Coach Howard [/COLOR]

How about you post your opinions and I'll post mine.

I just don't see these players as extremely good ball-handlers like b-ball fan said.

If you looked at what he said, and that was the only thing you read, you'd think he was talking about John Wall. About the ball-handling, the get to the rim with ease, shoot the ball from anywhere on the court, and they play great defense.

IMO, they are all 3, pretty good middle school players, and some of the finest the region has to offer. But, none of the three meet the criteria stated by B-Ball fan.

Without a doubt though, they are 3 of the top players around. And all 3 will make good HS players as well.
Since when do we compare grade school players to high school players? Since when do they say this college player is as good as this pro player? We are talking about the here and now, these boys are in grade school and my opinions are based on them in grade school. Do I think they will all be great high school players, without a doubt but we are not comparing them to high school players. So before you give your opinion on what I said, at least make sure you are going by the same criteria as I am. Keep these comparisons to other grade school players as I was. I never said they was John Wall, or any other player. I just said for there age and who they are now in the league they are currently in, these players can do those things.
bball_fan have you seen Camron Justice play? You said he can't shoot but its not all about shooting. Basketball involves much more. Last time i checked basketball was about winning and Feds Creek is doing that!

They've beat Dorton twice, and went to Mullins and beat Mullins. Sure he may not have beat you with his shooting but i bet you respected his game.

Now don't take this post personal I do agree that Meade is a great player but i put him in the same league as Case,(BL) Hamilton(BL), Richardson(VMS), Justice(FC), Fields(EC), Tyler Daniels(SF), Cody Thornsberry(AC), Andrew Newsome(VMS), Belter(Dorton), and Caudill(Dorton). I could name more but the point is every team has a good player and saying one player is better than another is just ridiculous.

I agree with the BL coach. lets let these kids enjoy this year.
bball_fan Wrote:Since when do we compare grade school players to high school players? Since when do they say this college player is as good as this pro player? We are talking about the here and now, these boys are in grade school and my opinions are based on them in grade school. Do I think they will all be great high school players, without a doubt but we are not comparing them to high school players. So before you give your opinion on what I said, at least make sure you are going by the same criteria as I am. Keep these comparisons to other grade school players as I was. I never said they was John Wall, or any other player. I just said for there age and who they are now in the league they are currently in, these players can do those things.

What criteria do you have that anyone else don't?

You said they were extremely good ball-handlers, which means you can handle the ball against tougher competition, and the next level of competition is high school.
bball_fan Wrote:Since when do we compare grade school players to high school players? Since when do they say this college player is as good as this pro player? We are talking about the here and now, these boys are in grade school and my opinions are based on them in grade school. Do I think they will all be great high school players, without a doubt but we are not comparing them to high school players. So before you give your opinion on what I said, at least make sure you are going by the same criteria as I am. Keep these comparisons to other grade school players as I was. I never said they was John Wall, or any other player. I just said for there age and who they are now in the league they are currently in, these players can do those things.

Who compared college players?

Your a coach and on here talking about, what if Belter(Dorton) and Newsome from Virgie was 6'0. Basically saying if they were smaller they wouldn't be that good.

I wonder how all the Mullins players feel about you getting on here and continuously praising Meade.

Your suppose to treat all your players equal, whether it's your best player or the last man on the bench, right?
Uhave no idea,

I hate getting on topics like this, but the boys from betsy layne has done things at the grade school level that you couldn't do when you was in grade school. Dont forget where you come from, be positive about all or dont say anything at all.
Its people like you that I don't allow my players to get on this site anymore. Attacking coach howard for what he posted, is ridiculous. Yes ball fan is my assistant coach at Mullins and I cant control what he posts, but this argument is between you and him, leave my players out of it.
Yes meade is a great player and a dream to coach, but we are not a one man team, we have 3 almost 4 players averaging at least 12 points a game with the fourth player averaging 8. I just wish people would use this site to do what it was made for (congratulating these young kids, and posting scores, not bashing).

Everyone have a great day
Coach Kidd
They should be performing at a high school level because thats where more than half the boys you mentioned supposed to be:rockon:
Coach Kidd i agree 100% I also said i agree with BL coach. Lets let these kids enjoy the year.

These kids work hard day in and day out. Who care who is the best. They are all good kids doing their best.

As i have said many times in my post. I don't think there is one kid in the surrounding are who is better than another. All these kids contribute to their team and the point is Pike and Floyd County is loaded with talent. The future is bright for this area. Lets hope in the near future they can bring us a State Title back to Eastern Kentucky.
betsylaynealum Wrote:Uhave no idea,

I hate getting on topics like this, but the boys from betsy layne has done things at the grade school level that you couldn't do when you was in grade school. Dont forget where you come from, be positive about all or dont say anything at all.

You may think you have an idea of who I am, but you really don't.

They've played on a few winning teams, as I have. So they've done nothing I haven't. But, I have nothing against these boys by any means, I wish them well. I just wish they don't give these players the idea that there already good enough, ya know?

I hear most of these boys came from Stumbo. That explains why Stumbo has been down for quite some time. Hall, Hamilton, Daniels(transferred), Nathan Martin, Dylan Maldonado, etc.
Coach Kidd Wrote:Its people like you that I don't allow my players to get on this site anymore. Attacking coach howard for what he posted, is ridiculous. Yes ball fan is my assistant coach at Mullins and I cant control what he posts, but this argument is between you and him, leave my players out of it.
Yes meade is a great player and a dream to coach, but we are not a one man team, we have 3 almost 4 players averaging at least 12 points a game with the fourth player averaging 8. I just wish people would use this site to do what it was made for (congratulating these young kids, and posting scores, not bashing).

Everyone have a great day
Coach Kidd

Well I didn't attack Coach Howard. Sorry Coach Howard, if it seemed that way. Exactly the arguement was between me and him. Meade is a very talented player, no doubt about that, who said he wasn't? Meade was brought into the conversation by your asst., not me.
This site was made for people to talk sports and post their opinions. Hint:Rivals...That's why there are forums...If people don't like what they see or read on here, then don't get on here and wine about it...Post your opinion or leave it alone.

Good Luck in the remainder of your season and in life coach. Good luck to Dylan as well.

Let's leave it at that.
uhavenoidea Wrote:You may think you have an idea of who I am, but you really don't.

They've played on a few winning teams, as I have. So they've done nothing I haven't. But, I have nothing against these boys by any means, I wish them well. I just wish they don't give these players the idea that there already good enough, ya know?

I hear most of these boys came from Stumbo. That explains why Stumbo has been down for quite some time. Hall, Hamilton, Daniels(transferred), Nathan Martin, Dylan Maldonado, etc.

But, let's not get this started again.

Good luck in life.
bball_fan Wrote:From what I have seen this year, Cameron Justice is a great player but he doesn't shoot the ball...not saying that he can't but I haven't seen him do it. Johnny is good but I don't think he is compared to peyton, dylan and dylan. richardson i could see him being close, but I haven't seen him enough to know for myself. Newsome and Belter, they are big! how good would they be if they was 6'0? Caudill and Fields, I haven't seen at all! I go by what I know. Yes all of these boys are good, and yes I would gladly take any of them any day of the week. But in my opinion, Dylan Meade, Dylan Hamilton and Peyton Case are the best of the best around here. They all can handle the ball extremely good, they can get to the rack with ease and finish, they shoot the ball from anywhere on the court, they play great defense! Scariest part is, these boys could one day be on a team together...doubtful but anything is possible! Not to mention, the best on the ball defender in the 15th region (Chase Hall) plays with Peyton and Dylan H. And honestly, if you want to throw players in this area into that, lets call them 5 star players, where is Tyler Daniels from South Floyd? Jr. Handshoe and Cody Thornsberry from Allen Central? The two boys from Adams whose names I forget. All of these guys are really talented! This area is LOADED with talent but in my opinion the best three are Meade, Case and Hamilton because they can do the most!
I was told Cameron Justice had 27 the other night in a JV game at East Ridge the other night. He can shoot but just always do so because if he did all you peole would get on here and talk about him being a ball hog. So no matter what you all find fault in others great players to make yours look better.....There are alot of really good players around here...........
it was a good game untill the last quater when bl pulled a huge run