Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can JC win a state title.
Being lead by wrestlers like Harlow and JJ this is the best Johnson Central team I have ever seen. They won their first regional title last year. It really doesn't take long for Matney to make champions either. They also have Prestonsburgs only state champion Nick Chaffins helping coach. This could be JC's year to win a title.
With a top 5 five finish last year, they are the favorites.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
johnson central is a monster of a team but its going to be hard to upset the defending state champs Trinity. Iv heard rumors that JC lost one of their top wrestlers Tyler Grimm due to a foot injury. if this is tru thats gonna hurt them cause he was big points for them at state.
Matney is one of my personal hero's. But i dont think JC is the favorite to win state. Favorite to win region again yes. What he does with a program is truly amazing, and with the help of Chaffins it could only get better. I look forward to seeing them in action next week.
i dont see them getting past trinity!!
Matman Wrote:Being lead by wrestlers like Harlow and JJ this is the best Johnson Central team I have ever seen. They won their first regional title last year. It really doesn't take long for Matney to make champions either. They also have Prestonsburgs only state champion Nick Chaffins helping coach. This could be JC's year to win a title.

Correct me if I am wrong. But I believe they won the region in 1988.
I dont know about a State Title but they can come very close
they also won region in 2008-2009 also
kywrestler Wrote:they also won region in 2008-2009 also

That was said in the first post. Maybe you know if they won it before that or not. I don't think so but i'm not sure.
Im pretty sure last year was their first region title but I would say that they will have a good run of region championships the next 2 or 3 years.