Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(15) Kentucky -73 Georgia State -46
Cats Easily Overtake Georgia State

[Image: http://ukathletics.com/image_lib/MBB_Alleyne_150.jpg][Image: http://cache.ukathletics.com//image_lib/pixel.gif]
12/06/2005
By CHARLES ODUM
AP Sports Writer

ATLANTA (AP)
-- Backup center Shagari Alleyne scored a career-high 16 points and No. 15 Kentucky beat Georgia State 73-46 on Tuesday night despite playing without leading scorer Rajon Rondo.

The sophomore guard, the team leader in the major offensive categories, was held out with strep throat. Without Rondo, who averages 14.7 points and 10 rebounds, coach Tubby Smith abandoned his normal three-guard lineup and instead found success with Alleyne.

Alleyne, a 7-foot-3 junior whose previous career high was three points, was averaging only 8.2 minutes per game and had scored only seven points all season before taking advantage of the opportunity against the Panthers.

Joe Crawford had 14 points and Ramel Bradley added 12 for Kentucky (6-2), which led by only six points at halftime before pulling away with a 22-6 run to open the second half.

Patrick Sparks added 10 points -- all in the second half -- for Kentucky.

Freshman Rashad Chase led Georgia State (2-3) with a career-high 19 points.

Kentucky had two 11-0 runs in the first half after Georgia State scored the first 11 points. Smith subbed for Alleyene, who had three baskets and a blocked shot as the Wildcats answered with their own run. After Georgia State took a 14-11 lead, a 3-pointer by Bobby Perry sparked another 11-0 run by Kentucky for a 22-14 lead. The Wildcats led 30-24 at halftime and pushed the lead to 22 points at 52-30 on a 3-pointer by Ramel Bradley with 10:27 left.
way to go Cats...
i mean u all was only playing Gerogia State, a known powerhouse in the NCAA...lol time we start puttin these rudypoo teams down by 30 in the first half... i hate the way we are playing. why praise UK right now? we are playing horrible.
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:way to go Cats...
i mean u all was only playing Gerogia State, a known powerhouse in the NCAA...lol time we start puttin these rudypoo teams down by 30 in the first half... i hate the way we are playing. why praise UK right now? we are playing horrible.

Who's praising Uk right now? I don't see any praising.. The fact is this is the first time most of the Wildcats have ever played without Rondo in the lineup in their college careers....I'd say it took some getting used to...A win is a win, and it's sad you can't be happy with a 27 point win over Georgia State, when teams like Arizona lost to Houston, and Indiana lost to Ind. State tonight...Northern Iowa took care of Iowa tonight in a huge upset...Just be happy with this win...I didn't think UK played that horrible tonight myself and I take a lot of positive things out of this game...
Way to go Cats!!!
Good win UK!!!
The Bench played a great game Joe Crawford was the missing ingrediant for the game vs. UNC, But UK had a poor first have but they lit it up in the 2nd !!! GO CATS !!!
good game for the cats
"alfus21" Wrote:Who's praising Uk right now? I don't see any praising.. The fact is this is the first time most of the Wildcats have ever played without Rondo in the lineup in their college careers....I'd say it took some getting used to...A win is a win, and it's sad you can't be happy with a 27 point win over Georgia State, when teams like Arizona lost to Houston, and Indiana lost to Ind. State tonight...Northern Iowa took care of Iowa tonight in a huge upset...Just be happy with this win...I didn't think UK played that horrible tonight myself and I take a lot of positive things out of this game...
so let me get this strait.. you are happy with UK playing like this against teams such as Georgia St.? it was a lack luster performance and it dont matter if Rondo wasn't in the game. and i could care less about other teams and how they did. i enjoied the win. actually... but i can also see past the win and look at UK in the long run. and we can not keep playing this way and hope to compete against better calliber teams.
One thing about it we will get a real good feel of this team by the first of the year. I still think it will be up and down for awhile but come March Tubby will have them playing as a top caliber team just like always. GO CATS
Good Job Cats