Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central-80 Allen Central-79
Congrats Hawks.
Pike Central must have no defense whatsoever.
What were some of the stats?
Congrats to Pike Central. Good showing for Allen Central
Great Win PC.
Congrats Hawks!
nice win for the Hawks! ac seems to be alot better this year!
is AC really goodthis yr?
AC should of had this game won, up one with less then 15 seconds im not sure who turned it over but #25 had alot of turnovers he was a big role in the loss of this one he needs to be a smarter player
Any Stats??
GJ both teams, didn't expect AC to be that close.
one of the better games of the year.....unfortunately Josh Martin spained his right ankle....status is unknown but probably wont play friday v.s. BL.....but AC had this game im the palm of there hands and lost it in the end but they played a great game
Both teams looked very sloppy in this game.... AC looks alot better this year than how they played last year... Neither of these teams are contenders for the 15th region title tho
"Fanatic of the 15th" Wrote:AC should of had this game won, up one with less then 15 seconds im not sure who turned it over but #25 had alot of turnovers he was a big role in the loss of this one he needs to be a smarter player

Let's not put blame on one player's miss-cues because they just happen to come towards the end of the game. I'm sure there were turnovers and missed foul shots in the first quarter by any other player that played just as important part, making it a team loss
I agree but Nick Music is #25 and he had the most turnovers lastnight for the rebles so he is just gonna have to make smarter decisions or I think coach Martin is gonna have to make some changes late in the game
"U Know Not!!" Wrote:I agree but Nick Music is #25 and he had the most turnovers lastnight for the rebles so he is just gonna have to make smarter decisions or I think coach Martin is gonna have to make some changes late in the game

What changes would you make to correct this?
"U Know Not!!" Wrote:Both teams looked very sloppy in this game.... AC looks alot better this year than how they played last year... Neither of these teams are contenders for the 15th region title tho

Both teams were sloppy, AC committed 24 turnovers while Pike Central committed 18 I believe. However, can you name some "contenders" for the 15th Region Title because if you ask me only David & Piarist are not in the mix this early in the season because it is WIDE OPEN.

"U Know Not!!" Wrote:I agree but Nick Music is #25 and he had the most turnovers lastnight for the rebles so he is just gonna have to make smarter decisions or I think coach Martin is gonna have to make some changes late in the game

And who was Coach Martin going to put in late in the game? Do you have recommendations? This entire team just has to improve handling the basketball and learn how to win. It's not one players fault and singling someone out is nonsense.

If not for Music's ballsy 3-point bucket late that kept the Rebels momentum alive, AC would have let the game slide by! It takes those kind of plays to "learn how to win" ballgames.

Ryan Collins had 22 points and one of the best games of his career for Allen Central. Brad Lowe had 34 and some much needed help from David Hess with 22.
Close score. Congrats PC.
I was surprised by the score and asked some one if Lowe played poorly and they said he didn't do much. If scorinf 34 is not doing much he's gonna have a long season. Very underrated player has developed into a scorer where he was once just a spot up shooter. Hats off to a very good player.
HAHA thats hilarious BK that someone said he didnt do much he basicly took over the first half...At one point he got a steal dribbled down the court pulled up in front of a Rebel and nailed a three...Brad Lowe is easily going to be the best player in the region this season...
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:HAHA thats hilarious BK that someone said he didnt do much he basicly took over the first half...At one point he got a steal dribbled down the court pulled up in front of a Rebel and nailed a three...Brad Lowe is easily going to be the best player in the region this season...

LMAO u have to be kidding me about the best player in the region... He hasn't played NOBODY that has any defense, and plus he is the only player on PC team so if he don't get his 30 points they will get killed by any team in this region, including piarist or david
the rebs will be better when they learn to play under pressure
David Hess had one heck of a ballgame. Brad Lowe is one of the best players in the region but I do not think that he is undoubtedly the best. One thing that I did not agree on is the way the announcers on the radio coined Hess as a "hothead". I was not at the game but I listened to it on the radio and they said this about him and I was floored. There is no reason for announcers to say such things about a player especially when they don't even know the kid. Do your job and stop making such negative comments about a kid that they have no clue about!
Sounded like a barn buner!!!
"15th Fan" Wrote:David Hess had one heck of a ballgame. Brad Lowe is one of the best players in the region but I do not think that he is undoubtedly the best. One thing that I did not agree on is the way the announcers on the radio coined Hess as a "hothead". I was not at the game but I listened to it on the radio and they said this about him and I was floored. There is no reason for announcers to say such things about a player especially when they don't even know the kid. Do your job and stop making such negative comments about a kid that they have no clue about!

I'm sure the announcer "called what he saw" in terms of what was on the court. It wasn't a personal comment about the kind of person he is, just the fact that he forced his way between two defenders and should've been nailed on the offensive foul.

There's a difference between "playing like a hothead" and "being a hothead." He was playing like one.
Well Lowe was scoring double digits when the Hawks made the regional finals in 2004 when he didnt have to ;-)...
Brad is a good player
and considering they had 3 or 4 other players in double figures then im sure that other players on that team can score...
Allen Central will beat some teams this year because of their pressing style. They get after it on the D side and that is a tribute to the coach. They will continue to get better and by tournament time should be pretty good. Ryan Collins is a good player and will play all out in every game. There is no quit in him. Coach knows alot more than I do so I don't believe I will question about what changes need to be made. He has been very good over the years and hasn't forgot what needs done overnight.